• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thoughts And Pics From The Road

Started by aldousburbank, November 25, 2013, 07:54:35 PM

aldousburbank

Here's a place to stick images and ponderings from your trip to wherever you are or wherever you've been.

I'll go first, since I'm going first.

October 25th, 2013
Boarding the Coast Starlight train tomorrow. 

Trouble with you is the trouble with me. Got two good eyes but we still don't see.

eddie dean

Great thread idea ab!  8) It's always good to hear from you. ;D
I would post a picture of my travels, but I didn't go anywhere interesting today.  Unless perhaps visiting the  Circle K for beef jerkey and chips is considered an adventure.

HorrorRetro

Hey, fellow road trippers.

As an early birthday present, we went to North Carolina today, my first time there.  We went to Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills and, best of all, to Roanoke Island.  I've wanted to go to Roanoke Island for a long time.  We went to the Lost Colony area.

The path less traveled.

HorrorRetro

And saw this awesome poster at Roanoke Island.

jazmunda

Great idea for a thread aldous.

Was a beautiful day here in Melbourne so I took my eldest for a drive down the coast after school to our favorite beach.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 25, 2013, 08:14:57 PM
Lake Baikal, Irkutsk, Siberia.

That's incredible Philosopher.

Great photos as always HorrorRetro.

And Aldous has an Aldous vanity plate for his bike.

HorrorRetro

The road took me to Virginia Beach today.  It was deserted.  Very odd to see the boardwalk with so few people around.

aldousburbank

Not an awfully inspiring pic, but a great place to stay. A formerly sunken gambing, liquoring, and whoring around cruise paddle wheel ship, www.deltaking.com
Great place to stay when on the Sacramento River in Old Sac. Spoiler alert:  the beds are noisy.
Pre-sunrise 11/27/13
[attachimg=1]

FallenSeraph

Maybe I'll get out there and take some inspiring pictures of Memphis. It is garbage-collection day, after all.

HorrorRetro

While visiting a military monument at Virginia Beach, I managed to get a shot of Navy jets flying over the monument. Pretty cool.

Juan

What's the largest sign on this ice cream truck cruising the beach?

aldousburbank

Home is where you are when you stop tripping.
[attachimg=1]

jazmunda

Are you home home? Or just figuratively home?

b_dubb

take care of yourself Professor aldousburbank

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on December 01, 2013, 05:01:54 PM
Are you home home? Or just figuratively home?
Just passing through my ancestral homelands, having visits with friends and family. Getting back onboard for points unknown soon. It takes a lot of discipline to stay true to your weirdest self...

Scenes from The Old Pueblo
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 01, 2013, 09:54:24 PM
Just passing through my ancestral homelands, having visits with friends and family. Getting back onboard for points unknown soon. It takes a lot of discipline to stay true to your weirdest self...

Scenes from The Old Pueblo
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Ok so you're not literally home home but you are more literally home than figuratively home whilst still not being home home but if home is where the heart is then you may in fact already be home no matter where home literally or indeed figuratively is.

Clear as mud? ;)

Have a blast my friend.

BobGrau

Wise of you to keep covering yer face... but we already know that you're Richard Hoagland's spirit guide.

aldousburbank

Today, I took my 10 yr to one of my most special places, smack dab in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, lucky dogs, merry pranksters, and desert rats know how to get there. I used to go with my dad. Now all my kids have been there. I think pics are limited per post so, excuse, while I post a few.

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

Crested Saguaro
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

aldousburbank

Ocotillo in nature.
[attachimg=1]
Ocotillo on truck.
[attachimg=2]

maureen

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 02, 2013, 03:53:53 PM
Crested Saguaro
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
hermosos fotos!!! cósmicos imágenes!!...gracias, hermano

jazmunda

Nice pics aldous. Looks like a beautiful place.