Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Ya buddy, they might as well be in cyrylic! :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 27, 2018, 01:57:45 PM
Oh, I wasn't kidding either.

I saw that sign last December

K_Dubb

The sad thing is, the early linguistic work done in the Pacific Northwest produced some of the best documentation anywhere in North America.  But, in the process of trying to reproduce every guttural rumble in the throats of native octogenarians, they ended up with huge unwieldy orthographies that serve as barriers to learning for scholars and children alike, and the language dies from over-analysis.

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 27, 2018, 03:05:29 PM
The sad thing is, the early linguistic work done in the Pacific Northwest produced some of the best documentation anywhere in North America.  But, in the process of trying to reproduce every guttural rumble in the throats of native octogenarians, they ended up with huge unwieldy orthographies that serve as barriers to learning for scholars and children alike, and the language dies from over-analysis.

No wonder it is so hard to find therapists that speak radio.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 27, 2018, 03:44:00 PM
Sigh...ghosts again?! ::)

Yep, and more to come. It's a show with a paranormal and anomalous vibe, that includes ghosts and hauntings along with all the other topics we cover.  That's what you get with a 5 day a week show.

DS

Tootsie

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 27, 2018, 03:53:25 PM
Yep, and more to come. It's a show with a paranormal and anomalous vibe, that includes ghosts and hauntings along with all the other topics we cover.  That's what you get with a 5 day a week show.

DS

Great!  please get Chris Fleming on again and do some shows about the afterlife (spirits that have moved on from being disembodied spirits and their realms.. Check out Cyrus Kirkpatrick.. He has written a great book about the Afterlife and has a great group on Facebook and a website.. Thanks Dave :)

chefist

DS

I prefer ghost stories over UFO topics...that's just me...actually, I thought Art didn't do enough ghost stories throughout the year, as he seemed to save most for Ghost to Ghost...

Sean92008

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 27, 2018, 03:54:41 PM
We tried to get an official one. They didn't have any to offer. Thanks for the support.

DS
Dave,

If they don't have one, opportunity knocks!

Sean92008

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 27, 2018, 04:26:29 PM

Just wondering "out loud..."

Does he need and/or have permission to use those network logos?

Fair Use tells me "no." Maybe there's a precedent.

Sean92008

Topics I've loved on C2C not paranormal...

Kathy Keeton & Bob Guccione's anger over the FDA's stopping of a seemingly effective cancer treatment.

The Fix Is In... sportsball games fixed via officials' desire for money...

The 27 Club, Paul is Dead, (Suggestion: Yellow Submarine's 50th anniversary this year)

Maybe one on 5G, fiber internet, regulations and pricing.  Art would have guys talking about the future of the airwaves, etc.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 27, 2018, 05:02:00 PM
Topics I've loved on C2C not paranormal...

Kathy Keeton & Bob Guccione's anger over the FDA's stopping of a seemingly effective cancer treatment.

The Fix Is In... sportsball games fixed via officials' desire for money...

The 27 Club, Paul is Dead, (Suggestion: Yellow Submarine's 50th anniversary this year)

Maybe one on 5G, fiber internet, regulations and pricing.  Art would have guys talking about the future of the airwaves, etc.

There's definitely some intriguing stuff in Paul is Dead.

DS
DDVG coming up!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 27, 2018, 04:50:20 PM
Just wondering "out loud..."

Does he need and/or have permission to use those network logos?

Fair Use tells me "no." Maybe there's a precedent.
I wouldn't guess so either. I'm not saying the dumpsterized networks are perfect, but if people really do use his network as a one stop shop for all their information it will make the psychotherapy and counseling professions millions a few years down the road when the cume of those listeners hit rock bottom. So does that mean he's providing an economic service?

Its a real consideration.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on June 27, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
of course :)

Great! I used to be incredibly wealthy...but I must've died somehow. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dark Ghost on June 27, 2018, 01:12:14 AM
TigerLily, if you don't respond to that ubiquitous idiot I will lick your belly button, lol

Hmmm ... I'm not sure if you consider this a promise or a threat. But whichever, I must demur. I can't pay Doc too much attention too often. He gets over excited and tends to pee the rug. I always try to wait until he sits up and begs awhile

Bluejay

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 27, 2018, 01:57:45 PM
Oh, I wasn't kidding either.

Those signs are on the Sea to Sky Highway between West Vancouver and Whistler (as part of the road improvement to prepare for the 2010 Winter Olympics.  They were part of an initiative to pay respect to the First Nations that historically inhabited that territory. 
http://www.squamishchief.com/news/local-news/cultural-journey-increases-nations-visibility-1.1110437

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on June 27, 2018, 05:22:04 PM
Hmmm ... I'm not sure if you consider this a promise or a threat. But whichever, I must demur. I can't pay Doc too much attention too often. He gets over excited and tends to pee the rug. I always try to wait until he sits up and begs awhile

Bluejay

DS
Yes!  Looking forward to the show!

Bluejay

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on June 27, 2018, 03:56:17 PM
Great!  please get Chris Fleming on again and do some shows about the afterlife (spirits that have moved on from being disembodied spirits and their realms.. Check out Cyrus Kirkpatrick.. He has written a great book about the Afterlife and has a great group on Facebook and a website.. Thanks Dave :)
That sounds interesting too!