• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 23, 2018, 02:37:58 PM
I'm starting to feel like people are just trying to get a ride out of me. LOL.

DS

I don’t like it when you do all ghost shows either. It’s not even Halloween.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 23, 2018, 06:19:13 PM

+1 Ease up on the ghosts a bit. More shows about UFOs, conspiracies, weird science, psychedelia and consciousness exploration and I also liked your idea about exploring religious mysticism and world religions in general. This would of course include shamanism.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 23, 2018, 06:19:13 PM
True, but at least he wasnt doing Shakespeare ::)!

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 23, 2018, 06:15:37 PM
No, refrigerating bread ruins it though freezing is not bad.
Knew you'd say that.  Gluten free bread is already ruined, sooo I'm good.

Fourteen

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 23, 2018, 05:46:38 PM
Ha. The Vikings, then their brethren "Normans," and later direct Germany royal houses- even if one needed to change their name due to unsavory aspects when wanting to fight some cousins!
ps: not to get into the harsher side of speculations but I've always found "interesting" the Edward I expulsion of Jews and that Cromwell let them back in later! It is like how, now, there was a volte-face with the "evangelicals" in the USA. Some decades ago they would still be saying, maybe not that loud, Jewish libel or the traditional stance that Catholics gave up. Now the Protestants, especially the most militant or hard-line, are the best supporters of Israel, aside from Jews- with exceptions now in some segments in Hollywood and some Orthodox groups. Also the legends of Joseph of Arimithea and even the whole Anglo-Israelism stuff.

Heresy -- screw the British; we have our own prophet!  The Indians are Jews, Christ's feet walked upon our mountains green (dimly remembered as Quetzalcoatl), and the Garden of Eden was in Missouri!

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 23, 2018, 06:34:32 PM
Heresy -- screw the British; we have our own prophet!  The Indians are Jews, Christ's feet walked upon our mountains green (dimly remembered as Quetzalcoatl), and the Garden of Eden was in Missouri!

Indeed. Someone needs to sic David Paulidies on those golden tablets. How could they disappear? And are Bigfeet a lost tribe?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 23, 2018, 06:47:15 PM
Indeed. Someone needs to sic David Paulidies on those golden tablets. How could they disappear? And are Bigfeet a lost tribe?

Nay, Bigfoot is Cain:

QuoteAbraham Smoot recorded the following after early Church Apostle David W. Patten described an encounter he had with Cain in 1835:

As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange person walking beside me. . . . His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, . . . and his mission was to destroy the souls of men.

This entry was included in Spencer W. Kimball’s The Miracle of Forgiveness, which was originally published in 1969. In 1980, sightings of the legendary Bigfoot were reported in South Weber, Utah. Members made connection with these sightings to Patten’s story of Cain, effectively beginning the tale. Reeve believes Mormons use this story to connect an unexplainable event with proof that the Saints are doing a good job. “When Satan sends Cain against Mormons, . . . they think, ‘we must be on the right path, or Satan wouldn’t bother sending in his most evil hordes against us.’”

http://www.ldsliving.com/Is-Cain-Bigfoot-The-Truth-Behind-5-Mormon-Folklore-Stories/s/64534?page=3#story-content

Just to bring it full-circle, back to the Picts (you may recognize the tune):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbNxkqG5y0

Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.

Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again...

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 23, 2018, 06:58:35 PM
Nay, Bigfoot is Cain:

http://www.ldsliving.com/Is-Cain-Bigfoot-The-Truth-Behind-5-Mormon-Folklore-Stories/s/64534?page=3#story-content

Just to bring it full-circle, back to the Picts (you may recognize the tune):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbNxkqG5y0

Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.

Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again...
Thanks! My brain knew there was some LDS and Bigfeet claim but I couldn't remember it. They are good for the choirs, and prepping and CIA work, though I must admit Church of Christ (that won't allow instruments due to some Biblical stuff) are the best (ok not choirs because all must sing but you get my drift.) I can't  sing but enjoy organ, so the louder the organ and better the organist (but not too much "solos" please.)
Ha! on the Picts thing and the song.

Ghost

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 23, 2018, 08:39:35 PM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1010713793175998464

Your Twitter account makes me laugh my ass off!

#bartelly_chuckle #KNOR waiting for Lights Out. #DonnaSummerFeelsLove

Aquarius

Quote from: albrecht on June 23, 2018, 05:46:38 PM
<snip>  Now the Protestants, especially the most militant or hard-line, are the best supporters of Israel, aside from Jews- with exceptions now in some segments in Hollywood and some Orthodox groups.
I could easily be mistaken, but don't the hard-line evangelical and conservative protestant groups support Israel because of their belief of the inevitability of Armageddon as in the Book of Revealation and that it will occur in Israel? If I am recalling correctly (and I may not be), this will be when the armies of the Beast overcome Israel and all will be destroyed by God. So their support of Israel has nothing to do with supporting Judiasm or the Jewish people, but rather the "holy" place of the expected destruction of the planet and of us all. Yes? No?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Aquarius on June 23, 2018, 09:14:14 PM
I could easily be mistaken, but don't the hard-line evangelical and conservative protestant groups support Israel because of their belief of the inevitability of Armageddon as in the Book of Revealation and that it will occur in Israel? If I am recalling correctly (and I may not be), this will be when the armies of the Beast overcome Israel and all will be destroyed by God. So their support of Israel has nothing to do with supporting Judiasm or the Jewish people, but rather the "holy" place of the expected destruction of the planet and of us all. Yes? No?

More complicated than that. They recognize the Jews as God’s chosen people and the bible says 144,000 of them will be evangelized to carry the gospel during the end times.

The rebuilding of the temple and sacrifice of the red unblemished heifer fall in there someplace but it does takes Jews to accomplish all of that.

Aquarius

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 23, 2018, 09:19:17 PM
More complicated than that. They recognize the Jews as God’s chosen people and the bible says 144,000 of them will be evangelized to carry the gospel during the end times.

The rebuilding of the temple and sacrifice of the red unblemished heifer fall in there someplace but it does takes Jews to accomplish all of that.

Ah, thanks for filling me in. Wondering if some Kabbalistic numerology is involved in that 144,000 who will be evangelized? 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel? Again, I am merely speculating here, and probably should bow out as I'm not writing from knowledge here <g>.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Aquarius on June 23, 2018, 09:26:46 PM
Ah, thanks for filling me in. Wondering if some Kabbalistic numerology is involved in that 144,000 who will be evangelized? 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel? Again, I am merely speculating here, and probably should bow out as I'm not writing from knowledge here <g>.

I actually liked the “Left Behind” book series. It did a pretty good job of taking the prophecies of the bible and tried to wrap a current events story line around them.  I don’t know if they ever turned it into a movie but a movie could not have done it justice.

I always thought that the 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes was probably the source of that number but if I am not mistaken, the lost tribe was already lost by the time of that prophecy.

Goigle “bible answer man”. I think his website is equip.org. He answers all kinds of questions to the best of his ability and gives the context and the references.

Aquarius

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 23, 2018, 09:32:58 PM
I actually liked the “Left Behind” book series. It did a pretty good job of taking the prophecies of the bible and tried to wrap a current events story line around them.  I don’t know if they ever turned it into a movie but a movie could not have done it justice.

I always thought that the 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes was probably the source of that number but if I am not mistaken, the lost tribe was already lost by the time of that prophecy.

Goigle “bible answer man”. I think his website is equip.org. He answers all kinds of questions to the best of his ability and gives the context and the references.

Cool, thank you Gravity! Much appreciated!

Jojo

The first page here is good:
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/604-who-are-the-144-000-of-revelation-7-and-14
They say the word 1000 is used many, many time in Revelation, and never literally.  So, 12 tribes, squared, times a thousand for emphasis.

Quote from: Shithead on June 06, 2018, 06:37:05 PM
Dave: Yes, keep being you. You're doing great. The people that think you are 'plain' have issues.

By the way, where can I get one of those "Mrs. Winnie" bumper stickers?  :)
As I'm pretty sure his family knows, Dave's voice alone takes him out of the realm of "plain".  He handles callers well.  He is proactive, positive, and works hard.  I miss him a lot on Coast.  Dave was always in control and doing the driving.  The whole time.  You know how it was in Lucille Ball's contract that her female co-star had to be chunkier than her?  Well, I kind of wonder if a certain someone possibly felt Dave wasn't chunky enough...

Fourteen

albrecht

Quote from: Aquarius on June 23, 2018, 09:14:14 PM

GS gave some good reasons. There could be others, some religious, some political and combos or conspiratorial even. There also is a difference (you won't know from press) about modern state versus ancient state and 'who are Jews' even. Even amongst Jews. Some Orthodox branches don't like "Isreal" as a political entity. And lots of Jews who support but don't practice or practice in a Reformed or just secular and only politics. Likewise some Christians do, some, as you mention looking for end-times, some for political reasons, some for humanitarian, etc. Some say IF abide by book (as some Orthodox do, or try) still saved because agreement still would hold but most Christians figured nobody could hold to those rules hence Christ and a New Covenant (agreement) but THEN you get disagreements and interesting debates about that (original sin, authority, church organization, determenism, etc.) Interestingly lots of psychiatry, AI, and such, as of course philosophy and religions did, debate this stuff albeit on a brain scans, nature/nuture, or now even 'quantum' level. (Had to throw that quantum in. Haha.)

Spookcat

DS

Obviously you need more fairies.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 23, 2018, 08:39:35 PM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1010713793175998464
The artwork looks like a double-donged vampire ghost.

I laughed loud enough I woke all three of my cats to which I had to go pee them just this once tonight.

Sean92008

Why is http://heatherwade.net/ sitting stagnant?

You'd think Heater Wad would be all over that like a guy with a phone card and 20 minutes to choke the chicken.

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 24, 2018, 12:02:14 AM

I laughed loud enough I woke all three of my cats to which I had to go pee them just this once tonight.

WOTR

They did do it as a movie starring Kirk Cameron many years ago.  I recall seeing it and being underwhelmed.

When I used to be around radios all day, I used to listen to Hanagraaff (the bible answer man.)  He was really good, but I have not heard him in quite some time.  That said, I read that he converted to Eastern Orthodox (which seems a little strange, to me.)  I would like to check it out to see if he has changed in his answers or his views...

Spookcat

Did you walk them to the litter box or the special tree around the block?

Dyna-X

DS
Its a reputation thing that sticks. There is a mass distorted perception that nearly all of Art's shows were about UFOs perhaps because that is how he launched himself.

That said, anything Halloween like in June lacks gravitas. I don't know, maybe its just me but there is not anything in the traditionally spooky category that can spook me anymore. Now, if you know of a guest that can explain with with a cutting edge science what a ghost is composed of and breakdown a chemical analysis of ectoplasmic residue and explain the differences between various kinds of sightings, etc - that would be interesting, but this probably would not translate to a radio or podcast medium - more a video documentary. Is there one you would recommend that is reliable?

I wouldn't worry about the complainers too much, they are already listening to the low brow shows, anyway.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 24, 2018, 07:41:09 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1010880312140816385
Every bit of content he has made since day one could fit on a $20 thumb drive. He's gathered enough now that a few synchophants that know Wordpress could probably set up a new site.

😂 Now Dave have you discussed the infamous Double Donged Vampire Ghost on one of your shows yet? Time to start researching! On the double!

Sean92008

Quote from: spookcat on June 24, 2018, 05:44:59 AM
Did you walk them to the litter box or the special tree around the block?
Duh, I had to walk them to the special "tree," if that's what you want to call it...  🙄

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 24, 2018, 07:46:07 AM
... That said, anything Halloween like in June lacks gravitas. ...

I'd just point out that the soundtrack to many a Halloween, Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain, originally depicted St. John's Eve, June 23rd on our calendar, probably 14 days off on theirs.