• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on June 19, 2018, 07:06:43 PM
I am listening now, and laughed just a little when MV said he may need to fire up his old A/C and call it a night.

Also Dave's air conditioning has been out since last week?!?  And he has not requested a new listener supplied unit?  :-\

He lives in Minnesota. Does it get above 72F there? It drops down to 86 at night by me.

Taco Bell

It was hot as balls last weekend.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 07:11:30 PM
He lives in Minnesota. Does it get above 72F there? It drops down to 86 at night by me.
I don't know if it even rains in the summer, or if it just snows year round?  Using the excuse of no air conditioning In Minnesota sounds suspiciously like having to judge a robot contest, an aphid infestation, or an ingrown toenail.  ;)

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 19, 2018, 07:18:56 PM
It was hot as balls last weekend.
So, the permafrost started to thaw?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 07:11:30 PM
It drops down to 86 at night by me.

That's hot. That's Africa hot!

Quote from: WOTR on June 19, 2018, 07:06:43 PM

Also Dave's air conditioning has been out since last week?!?  And he has not requested a new listener supplied unit?  :-\

Tell him to get in line !!!

John Lear needs Air Conditioner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HavIiqfVmAk

Sean92008

No A/C in the Midwest during summer is stifling.

When relative humidity is extremely high, like it is there, the body cannot cool itself by sweating. Fans become irrelevant when so humid, again because sweating doesn't work.

If Liberace is near Cape Girardeau or wherever that area code points to, it's bad there. I've visited family in CG, Independence, Missouri and Granite City, Illinois and it's worse than Des Moines (which is pretty bad but survivable without A/C). Dave was just being empathetic towards MV, because he's a good guy.  Heatherpaths wouldn't be so kind and probably hijack the topic in trying to run out the clock and avoid talking about real issues...

Sean92008

Quote from: AlternativeSide on June 19, 2018, 07:36:11 PM
Tell him to get in line !!!

John Lear needs Air Conditioner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HavIiqfVmAk
Doubling the mortgage for some unknown reason?

Something reeks of bullshit here. Especially considering his family lineage, living in Vegas, and having such a public stature... Vegas is cheap if you aren't an alcoholic/gambler/prostitute-user

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 07:42:01 PM
Something reeks of bullshit here.

Hoagland hasn't requested funds for an Air Conditioner...

Taco Bell

If Dave ever became too hot he could always purify himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Alex Jones gives all his guest a free Air Conditioner

Mr Apnea

From the MITD site.

Dave is interviewed on the GabCast, the infrequent podcast for BellGab.com.

Good one Keith.   

Dyna-X

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 19, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
If Dave ever became too hot he could always purify himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.
Dave should say he's broadcasting from Excelsior. Just because it sounds neat. Have a friend set up a LPFM there if necessary.

Pizzapunch

Dave never did tell us where to send our painted rocks and blank checks.

Sean92008

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 19, 2018, 08:42:26 PM
Dave never did tell us where to send our painted rocks and blank checks.
...or the family-heirloom cat toys

WOTR

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 07:37:48 PM
No A/C in the Midwest during summer is stifling.

When relative humidity is extremely high, like it is there, the body cannot cool itself by sweating. Fans become irrelevant when so humid, again because sweating doesn't work.

If Liberace is near Cape Girardeau or wherever that area code points to, it's bad there. I've visited family in CG, Independence, Missouri and Granite City, Illinois and it's worse than Des Moines (which is pretty bad but survivable without A/C). Dave was just being empathetic towards MV, because he's a good guy.  Heatherpaths wouldn't be so kind and probably hijack the topic in trying to run out the clock and avoid talking about real issues...

I can tell your new here...  :P

Before I posted making fun of Liberace and his "heat", I looked up what the weather was last Sunday.  32C or 91F.  Yes, it's hot.  But that is not the point.  8)

After looking it up, I almost didn't make the post and ask about the permaforst.  But then I decided it would be more fun to go through with typing it out.

***I also expected somebody (MD?) to ask what the hell a Canadian living in an igloo would know about heat.

WOTR

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 19, 2018, 08:11:06 PM
From the MITD site.

Dave is interviewed on the GabCast, the infrequent podcast for BellGab.com.

Good one Keith.
He should have made mention of in "the infrequent LITTLE internet podcast for Bellgab.com- where many a podcaster has launched their career."  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 19, 2018, 09:02:49 PM
I can tell your new here...  :P

Before I posted making fun of Liberace and his "heat", I looked up what the weather was last Sunday.  32C or 91F.  Yes, it's hot.  But that is not the point.  8)

After looking it up, I almost didn't make the post and ask about the permaforst.  But then I decided it would be more fun to go through with typing it out.

***I also expected somebody (MD?) to ask what the hell a Canadian living in an igloo would know about heat.

That's because I know the great majority of Canadians live huddled along the border where the weather is not much different than our Northern states.  ;)

GravitySucks

After spending weeks convincing us it was in our own best interests to have two guests per show, tonight is the second night in a row with a single guest.  Midnight mind control. That’s what this amounts to. Bait and switch. Carrot and stick. Abbot and Costello. Rizolli and Isles.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 09:20:08 PM
After spending weeks convincing us it was in our own best interests to have two guests per show, tonight is the second night in a row with a single guest.  Midnight mind control. That’s what this amounts to. Bait and switch. Carrot and stick. Abbot and Costello. Rizolli and Isles.

You lost me with that last one. ???

DaveSchrader

In some cases I roll the dice and if the guest has a library of information to talk about we will roll with them.

The guest last night didnt want to do 3 hours, he was afraid he wouldnt have enough to say, at the end of 2 he asked to stay longer.

DS

Sean92008

...Rizolli and Isles.
You made that reference just to entertain me, huh?

If there was one married woman I'd like to defile...  It's Tess Gerritsen.

Aquarius

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 19, 2018, 09:30:27 PM
In some cases I roll the dice and if the guest has a library of information to talk about we will roll with them.

The guest last night didnt want to do 3 hours, he was afraid he wouldnt have enough to say, at the end of 2 he asked to stay longer.

DS
And he was able to fill the 3 hours and was interesting! Good call, good show, Mr. Winnie!

damon

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 19, 2018, 09:30:27 PM

DS
Dave, whats your view of Falkie aka George Senda??

Dr. MD MD

Dave, this one's important: Are you really a country music fan?

DaveSchrader

Quote from: damon on June 19, 2018, 09:36:06 PM
Dave, whats your view of Falkie aka George Senda??

I feel ashamed of myself, I dont know him or his work. I see him referenced but have never witnessed him for myself.

DS

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 09:37:53 PM
Dave, this one's important: Are you really a country music fan?

I am a music fan, I have seen everyone from Sinatra, Ray Charles, Springsteen, KISS to Garth Brooks, Hank Jr, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill to The Monkees, McCartney.

I love music and appreciate all genres in one way or another.

DS

Bart Ell

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 19, 2018, 09:39:44 PM
I feel ashamed of myself, I dont know him or his work. I see him referenced but have never witnessed him for myself.

DS

I believe you since you used the word WORK regarding him.
Now go back a page, Bart had a few questions for you.
#SCHRADACY

Dyna-X

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 19, 2018, 09:39:44 PM

DS
You'll know him when you see him.