• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 06, 2018, 10:29:20 PM
>:( Killjoy.  That was worth a good two pages of froth.

😕

El Chorro

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 06, 2018, 10:29:20 PM
>:( Killjoy.  That was worth a good two pages of froth.

No doubt they bought the cheapest one-time-use editorial license. (Or that really cheap "personal use" one!) Already in violation.  :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: El Chorro on June 06, 2018, 10:30:59 PM
No doubt they bought the cheapest one-time-use editorial license. Already in violation.  :D

Good point -- release the hounds!  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: El Chorro on June 06, 2018, 10:30:59 PM
No doubt they bought the cheapest one-time-use editorial license. Already in violation.  :D

Nice save bro.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 10:24:46 PM
Someone bought midnightdesert.com and has it redirected to artbelllegacy.com

You know, one of my old jobs was to capture usurped sites.  It's plausible because there's deception involved ("in the" is missing but it does go to a competitor, so they may agree with Keith).  Internic may or may not have the power any longer (Obama-era changes took the American legal standard away from the web)...  If I were Keith, I would DCMA, etc... a notice to Internic.  To gain the domain.  Not expensive at all.  In fact, he might be able to draft the letter himself.  I did.  The loser who took a ton of the product names and company name variances from my employer was offered money, he refused...  So, I took them all back for free.

El Chorro

Hmmmmm...the movie was better.

Quote from: username on June 06, 2018, 03:43:03 AM
All "ghost hunting shows", stink on ice.

Horrible.  There is a lot of ''paranormal'' BS, and this is right down there.  If they were honest, they'd play the ''recording'' and not say what it is we are supposed to hear.  If they did that, the shows would be very different.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 10:32:56 PM
You know, one of my old jobs was to capture usurped sites.  It's plausible because there's deception involved ("in the" is missing but it does go to a competitor, so they may agree with Keith).  Internic may or may not have the power any longer (Obama-era changes took the American legal standard away from the web)...  If I were Keith, I would DCMA, etc... a notice to Internic.  To gain the domain.  Not expensive at all.  In fact, he might be able to draft the letter himself.  I did.  The loser who took a ton of the product names and company name variances from my employer was offered money, he refused...  So, I took them all back for free.

Mr Fidget bought PayTreeOn.com and was trying to get Patreon to buy it from him for $5k.

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2018, 10:23:13 PM

Some company who uses Satan's apple as logo, is a tax avoider, whose Chinese labor 'factories' (out sourced) need suicide nets, and say they want to deliver only certain news but won't break encryption againt pedos n terrorists but might comply with Chi-Coms etc? Why not trust them?
I saw a video of the Chinese factory and, within a couple of months I had built a quad-drive PC for my production work.  The Apple was offline.

That's why I stopped using Apple products in December 2012.  I called to order an upgraded G3 and the G4 was open for orders that very morning - Lucky me.

Spookcat

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 10:42:18 PM
Mr Fidget bought PayTreeOn.com and was trying to get Patreon to buy it from him for $5k.
Did he send refunds for the orders?

SpookyTim

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
Horrible.  There is a lot of ''paranormal'' BS, and this is right down there.  If they were honest, they'd play the ''recording'' and not say what it is we are supposed to hear.  If they did that, the shows would be very different.

I will save this discussion for another time/thread, but working as a researcher and producer on three different paranormal television shows, I can't tell you how much I have to hold in my criticisms of how production and the network want to do things. Although my current gig on "Haunted Towns" has a crew that gets it.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 06, 2018, 10:39:44 PM

The gullibility in individuals is astonishing to observe, honesty is what is lacking in the "paranormal", field.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 10:32:56 PM

When WWF lost the lawsuit against the World Wildlife Fund and had to change their name, my buddies and I joked about buying "WWE.com" because they'd just change it to "World Wrestling Entertainment." But none of us bothered to actually spend the $10.

Zenman

Rule #1: Do not let the bots develop their own secret language.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 10:46:38 PM
Did he send refunds for the orders?

I don’t think they bought it.

This guy has to stop talking over Dave!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zenman on June 06, 2018, 10:52:06 PM

Heather interviewed this guy twice. I think it was two of her best shows.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 06, 2018, 10:48:58 PM
I will save this discussion for another time/thread, but working as a researcher and producer on three different paranormal television shows, I can't tell you how much I have to hold in my criticisms of how production and the network want to do things. Although my current gig on "Haunted Towns" has a crew that gets it.

I would be interested in hearing an actual discussion on this.  Also, that psychology of paranormal guests you teased a while ago.

Sean92008

If Heater were doing this show, she'd be saying "Horshack tests"

Speaking Kotter, I just learned this tonight regarding Robert Hegyes/Epstein...  "He was the cousin of rock singer Jon Bon Jovi and opera singer Mario Lanza."

zeebo

I read a post somewhere on reddit, where someone theorized about an A.I. that could not only pass the Turing test, but was smart and deceptive enough to intentionally fail it.  ???

PrairieGhost

Yep, when they started talking in their own language it was time to unplug them. Scary stuff.

zeebo

Did you guys ever try cleverbot.com?  I just had this exchange.

Why are clouds fluffy?
Because they aren't in the ground.

Where is the ground?
Under our feet.

Do you have feet?
What kind of a question is that? Of course I have feet.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 10:56:15 PM
Guess who's bday it is in 4 mins

The Greatest President of the modern age?

Never mind, that's the 14th.

El Chorro

Quote from: WinWinS on June 06, 2018, 10:56:15 PM
Guess who's bday it is in 4 mins

Happy Birthday Winnie and/or Dave!!  ;D