• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

starrmtn001

My Cat keeps walking across me or trying to sit on the mouse pad.  She's telling me it's past bedtime.
Five more minutes.  Okay? ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 14, 2018, 11:41:42 PM
Who did she meet 2 months before he died?

Sean. Is that your kitty?

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 14, 2018, 11:47:49 PM
Hi albrecht.  :)
Yeah, the article isn't very clear, but the 'spooky action at a distance' was the main gist of the article.
Did you see the HPC thread ?
I was going to drop a post in the spectre thread too, but I was getting tired, and my post was pretty nasty, so I deleted it
Let's just say a Pi cluster is a way to bypass the NSA hardware backdoors called Meltdown and S.P.E.C.T.R.E.  ;)
Funny they should chose those names - er - not funny at all, they're rubbing our faces in it.
Oh, a Pi cluster can be run as a desktop, hence the HPC thread mention.  ;)

I'll read them again. I'm not tech guy. Got some suggested update for my Linux Mint about "magic numbers" or something? I, sorta assume Linux is good, but then all these updates? Well, they aren't calling me like "Windows System" for "policy I bought" so...?

I do wonder if I was connected to the movie biz in a past life because of my fascination with old movies.  I first became obsessed with movies when I was 3 or 4 when my parents bought 8 mm films from Blackhawk films that highlighted silent pictures like Chaney's Hunchback and The Phantom of the Opera.  I feel a connection to that era.  I've only really gotten into watching old silent films in the last 15 years though I've always preferred the old talkies.

TigerLily

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 14, 2018, 11:58:54 PM
My Cat keeps walking across me or trying to sit on the mouse pad.  She's telling me it's past bedtime.

Demanding creatures  :)  Night SuperStarr

Lilith

Andrew has a nice accent.  Very pleasant to listen to  :)

WinWinS

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 12:01:50 AM
I do wonder if I was connected to the movie biz in a past life because of my fascination with old movies.  I first became obsessed with movies when I was 3 or 4 when my parents bought 8 mm films from Blackhawk films that highlighted silent pictures like Chaney's Hunchback and The Phantom of the Opera.  I feel a connection to that era.  I've only really gotten into watching old silent films in the last 15 years though I've always preferred the old talkies.

I think I was a trauma nurse of some kind....pre 1900's sometime

G'night, Starr.

I feel like I've heard this guest in the last day.  Oh, he was on Coast during the last half of the show last night.

albrecht

If it gets boring ask him about Essex Girls. Ha.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 12:01:50 AM
Just watched Harold Lloyd's "Why Worry?" for the first time. Laugh out loud funny in several scenes and action packed. So delightful when I discover a great new old movie. I feel a bit anachronistic myself

Quote from: Aquarius on June 14, 2018, 11:28:50 PM
You need a different cable, easily obtainable. If there is what remains of a Radio Shack near you they may have it. You can get it on Amazon, here's the url:  http://tinyurl.com/y73rbws7

You need a Mini 3.5 mm to Dual RCA male audio cable. It's inexpensive and is easily gotten on any audio site online in addition to Amazon. Hope this helps.
Yup, I second the notion.
That's the correct cable too.
One thing to consider though.
You are trying to drive (Regular sized ?) Bose speakers from a headphone jack. It may work, but I doubt you'll be able to get any volume out of it. (Friend of mine had the same problem in his garage.)
You'll need to jump on E-Bay (cheapest) and pick up a cheap 2 x 50 (watt) amplifier. They can be picked up for  around 10 bucks. Amazon is more expensive. You don't need anything fancy, just something to drive the signal.
BUT, If the projector has RCA jacks in the back, instead of using the headphone jack, Use them instead. They will be properly powered.

These are Female A/V jacks.
Yellow is video, Red is (+) Speaker, White is (-) speaker

These are a male / female pair.

But, depending on how old your Bose are, you may just need an adapter if the connection on the speakers are wire retainers.

These are female, but I'd assume you'd need male from the back of the projector. Just connect the speaker wire to the adapters and run to the speakers. (Both E-Bay and Amazon have these.)

Dyna-X

My own specialized map of Cygnus for a project I was working on....The numbers are magnitudes.

Quote from: WinWinS on June 15, 2018, 12:03:53 AM
I think I was a trauma nurse of some kind....pre 1900's sometime

I'd like to be regressed just for curiosity's sake.  I can't be hypnotized though.  I've had an expert try it on me and he failed. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 12:04:49 AM
G'night, Starr.

I feel like I've heard this guest in the last day.  Oh, he was on Coast during the last half of the show last night.
Thanks, 21st, but I'm not quite ready yet.  I just moved it up another five. ;D

WinWinS

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 12:09:01 AM
I'd like to be regressed just for curiosity's sake.  I can't be hypnotized though.  I've had an expert try it on me and he failed.
me too!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 14, 2018, 11:42:41 PM
Not worth checking out The Avengers.  Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman had no chemistry and they simply are not Steed and Peel.
Thanks for the heads-up.   :)

Aquarius

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 15, 2018, 12:07:29 AM
You are trying to drive (Regular sized ?) Bose speakers from a headphone jack. It may work, but I doubt you'll be able to get any volume out of it. (Friend of mine had the same problem in his garage.)
You'll need to jump on E-Bay (cheapest) and pick up a cheap 2 x 50 (watt) amplifier. They can be picked up for  around 10 bucks. Amazon is more expensive. You don't need anything fancy, just something to drive the signal.
BUT, If the projector has RCA jacks in the back, instead of using the headphone jack, Use them instead. They will be properly powered.

But, depending on how old your Bose are, you may just need an adapter if the connection on the speakers are wire retainers.

These are female, but I'd assume you'd need male from the back of the projector. Just connect the speaker wire to the adapters and run to the speakers. (Both E-Bay and Amazon have these.)

100+!

Aquarius

Threre are other methods to get into past lives/altered state not using hypnosis. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but maybe Roger Woolger's trained people might be good to look up? I was trained with a totally non-hypnotic method of "induction" that really works by a Dutch reincarnation therapist, now retired. Look around, you might find someone you can work with.

Quote from: TigerLily on June 15, 2018, 12:06:50 AM
Just watched Harold Lloyd's "Why Worry?" Laugh out loud funny in several scenes and action packed. So delightful when I discover a great new old movie. I feel a bit anachronistic myself

Harold Lloyd is hilarious.  Safety Last! is a great film and quite hair-raising  what with him scaling buildings and such.  Actors particularly the comedians back then took a lot of risks with their lives.  Buster Keaton broke his neck while filming Sherlock Jr. but he walked away from the accident and didn't find out 'til years later.  He was one lucky fella.

Quote from: Aquarius on June 14, 2018, 11:47:58 PM
Feh. Describes the cable, old school. <g>
I think someone hijacked albrecht's account.
That's standard A/V jargon, and Master / Slave is computer jargon.
Either that, or he's trolling.  ;)   ;D

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 15, 2018, 12:07:29 AM

Thanks, I'm pretty sure theyre amplified from the box everything runs to. Its these speakers https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/2_speaker_home_theater_support/cinemate_gs_series2.html anyhow.

I know I run them direct off a TV and they can shake the house- Excellent sound for a 2.1 system and I dont use any external amplifiers.

Hopefully this will work- The thing is, I dont really want to put too much into trying to make all this work since its temporary- If this works out I'll be getting a better projector anyhow and a 7.1 system to go with it...Right now this is kind of just something to play with and test and convince the wife we should spend the money on a 4k projector lol

albrecht

You need to "volunteer" for a study involving psychic-driving. Phenobarbital, LSD, DMT, isolation chambers, and constant metered sounds. While being bound.

Dyna-X

A map to find find Cygnus after the show tonight. Also make sure to light up a smoke if you smoke, and bring out your dog. (UFO Prime time)

LOL - She's like a swiss watch.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2018, 12:16:18 AM
You need to "volunteer" for a study involving psychic-driving. Phenobarbital, LSD, DMT, isolation chambers, and constant metered sounds. While being bound.

... But not kinky at all

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 15, 2018, 12:15:59 AM

Yes, I was joking at the absurb level of state of affairs today with "offense." But I also am likely hacked too!  Praise MV!

Aquarius

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on June 15, 2018, 12:15:59 AM

Yes, the possibility of trolling is what the "feh" part of my reply was addressing <g>.

Ok, I'm offline for the night. I gave up on HW because although the guest was interesting, her hyper/fake Art Bell cadence was too irritating to endure. Oh well.

'Night!

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2018, 12:00:34 AM

I'll read them again. I'm not tech guy. Got some suggested update for my Linux Mint about "magic numbers" or something? I, sorta assume Linux is good, but then all these updates? Well, they aren't calling me like "Windows System" for "policy I bought" so...?
Damn, I believe that deals with the Meltdown spectre bugs.
Look into that before updating.
I had a magic number problem awhile ago too.
The speculative execution is really messing things up, now.   :(

Quote from: albrecht on June 15, 2018, 12:16:18 AM

I had it also suggested to me by a witch in Virginia City that I should go through a sweat-lodge ceremony with a shaman.  She said I have some unresolved issues and I could find out about past lives as well.  She knew a lot about me just from spending a few minutes with me. She is correct about the unresolved issues. It was just a bit of friendly advice so she had nothing to gain by telling me that.

I'd be open to the LSD experiment but I don't want to take a bad trip.  Never did it before.