• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

AstroBuzz

Dave, thanks for taking the time to talk about depression. My daughter suffers from depression and today was a hard day for her. I feel helpless in helping her through it sometimes because I'm 120 miles away from her and I don't always know what to say.

I just sent her the link to the audio/MITD page where you spoke about depression the other night.

Peace.

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
you know he finished 3rd in Mr. olympia

Yep, he sure did.  Had a few more muscles then.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: AstroBuzz on June 13, 2018, 10:31:48 PM
Dave, thanks for taking the time to talk about depression. My daughter suffers from depression and today was a hard day for her. I feel helpless in helping her through it sometimes because I'm 120 miles away from her and I don't always know what to say.

I just sent her the link to the audio/MITD page where you spoke about depression the other night.

Peace.

Bless you both.

DS

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2018, 10:32:36 PM
Yep, he sure did.  Had a few more muscles then.
+He is still good looking for an older man.

Peace.

My best to your daughter.  Depression can be tough.  I've tangled with that beast throughout my life but it has never gotten to the point where I feel suicidal. Usually I find it comes on heavy right before I get a fever blister or cold sores.  Taking extra lysine seems to stamp it out.

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 10:34:02 PM
+He is still good looking for an older man.

Yeah, I wish he had stayed active in acting but I guess he got tired of all the bs.  Can't say I blame him.

AstroBuzz

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2018, 10:36:56 PM
My best to your daughter.  Depression can be tough.  I've tangled with that beast throughout my life but it has never gotten to the point where I feel suicidal. Usually I find it comes on heavy right before I get a fever blister or cold sores.  Taking extra lysine seems to stamp it out.

Thanks. 👍

albrecht

Quote from: Savage on June 13, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Awwh, that is a great ending to the story.

Really a lot of us this last year could identify with that racoon. Always rooting for the underdog.

I figure animals don't care, and better than death. BUT to think like Disney etc. I trap a coon, armadillo, etc out of yard or 'rescue' turtles or snakes on road and drive miles away and let go: to them? Where the F am I? Where my wife n kids? Whose territory am I in? Sorta funny. What would you do if kidnapped and put off in strange place? Or weirder you got kidnapped and fed better and put in better place!

Savage

"...not understanding the science behind this..."

You an' me both. I am a biologist. Would like to see some actual scientific substantiation of the efficacy of these methods. And by scientific, I mean using the scientific method, using empirical sources and primary data that anyone can reproduce in a clinical setting. Much of this seems to be an immunological response and placebo effect, in which the latter has beneficial effects for some people- but is not in of itself a cure. The person could have achieved the result without the aid of the homeopath or their "medicine".

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on June 13, 2018, 10:13:52 PM
Everything Dave is talking about in his intro describes vibrational medicine, which does sometimes work. It's all related to the frequencies of the cells in our bodies, and working with correcting misaligned frequencies.

Dave, the effect of frequencies/energy/sound vibrations was documented years ago in The Secret Life of Plants, the experiments in which have been replicated over the years. Plants were subjected to different kinds of music with no other variables in the conditions for the experiments, and different kinds of music had very distinctive different effects on the plants' growth. Repeatable, measurable.

Same with our bodies, very much affected by different frequencies, including those of sound waves.

Peace.
A year ago my 13 year old son was on Prozac, abilify and lamictal.  My Husband threw out his medicine and said he was going to handle it the old fashion way with work, punishment and reward and my son for the first time got all A's and B's and has not took a pill in since.

He says he can cure a cute disease. What about an ugly one?

Savage

Quote from: Aquarius on June 13, 2018, 10:44:19 PM
Dave, the effect of frequencies/energy/sound vibrations was documented years ago in The Secret Life of Plants, the experiments in which have been replicated over the years. Plants were subjected to different kinds of music with no other variables in the conditions for the experiments, and different kinds of music had very distinctive different effects on the plants' growth. Repeatable, measurable.

Same with our bodies, very much affected by different frequencies, including those of sound waves.

Robert A. Monroe of the Monroe Institute did a lot of work with his Hemi-Sync technology using brainwave patterns and vibrational audio therapy.

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on June 13, 2018, 10:44:19 PM

From his site:

Where may I find scientific proof of homeopathy and your technology?

There is abundant literature on the scientific proof behind homeopathic medicine. You can follow the most modern developments by following Dana Ullman who writes a column for the Huffington Post.

The basic science, especially including our technology, is available by purchasing from Amazon Homeopathy: Science or Myth? by Bill Gray MD (1999).

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 13, 2018, 10:46:26 PM
He says he can cure a cute disease. What about an ugly one?
like AKB48
[size=78%]https://youtu.be/vj_RAgNWOWk?t=6s[/size]

AstroBuzz

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 10:45:14 PM
A year ago my 13 year old son was on Prozac, abilify and lamictal.  My Husband threw out his medicine and said he was going to handle it the old fashion way with work, punishment and reward and my son for the first time got all A's and B's and has not took a pill in since.

Doctors seem to have no problem prescribing drugs these days; unfortunately, these medicines can make the problem worse, especially when mixed with other meds. Glad your son is doing better. 👍

Belles

Dave, thank you very much for your thoughts and comments on depression and suicide. I suffer from depression. My daughter took her own life two years ago, leaving behind my grandson who was 13 at the time.  He is also dealing with depression and when I asked day before yesterday, admitted he has considered suicide.  Your words last night came at a good time.  I sent him the link to the audio clip and told him to listen, there will be a quiz.

Quote from: AstroBuzz on June 13, 2018, 10:49:56 PM
Doctors seem to have no problem prescribing drugs these days; unfortunately, these medicines can make the problem worse, especially when mixed with other meds. Glad your son is doing better. 👍
Thank you so much, it was a hard time dealing with the medicine, but my husband being the natural ass that he is seemed to know how to handle it.

Spookcat

This is reminding me of a book I wanted to read, but I can't friggin remember the name of it... It was about a case in Asia, I think China, where there was a sick dying boy. There was a debate about whether Modern western medicine or traditional medicine or prayer was the way to go. If I remember right, the boy died because they wouldn't let the parents allow modern medicine to interfere.

Quote from: spookcat on June 13, 2018, 10:52:46 PM
This is reminding me of a book I wanted to read, but I can't friggin remember the name of it... It was about a case in Asia, I think China, where there was a sick dying boy. There was a debate about whether Modern western medicine or traditional medicine or prayer was the way to go. If I remember right, the boy died because they wouldn't let the parents allow modern medicine to interfere.
There is no mistake that modern medicine is good for those who need it, but per scribing pills is something else.

Spookcat

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on June 13, 2018, 10:54:38 PM
There is no mistake that modern medicine is good for those who need it, but per scribing pills is something else.

I'm not denying that. It's just bothering me that I can't remember the name of that book or the boy.

Ok, sometimes a women does need a good slap to remind her, but a Japanese woman will never need reminding. :D