• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Aquarius

Quote from: spookcat on June 12, 2018, 10:57:08 PM
Ok from WIKIPEDIA

In February 2018 Japan renewed the export of fish caught off Fukushima's nearshore zone. According to prefecture officials, no seafood had been found with radiation levels exceeding Japan safety standards since April 2015. Thailand is the first country to receive a shipment of fresh fish from Japan's Fukushima prefecture. A group campaigning to help prevent global warming has demanded the Food and Drug Administration disclose the name of the importer of fish from Fukushima and of the Japanese restaurants in Bangkok serving. Srisuwan Janya, chairman of the Stop Global Warming Association, said the FDA must protect the rights of consumers by ordering restaurants serving Fukushima fish to make that information available to their customers, so they could decide whether to eat it or not.

We have had to be careful about drinking sake from that region, a shame since some of them were really wonderful. Perhaps I am overly cautious (I think not), but better safe than sorry.

My lucky night... I live close to a reactor and formerly lived close to "boggy creek." Bring on the Fouke Monster dude!

chefist

Dave just blew her out...lol

albrecht

Quote from: Aquarius on June 12, 2018, 10:53:02 PM
Well, if I am not mistaken (and I could be by taking your comment seriously), it was made illegal in Japan (not sure of the exact details but I know this was true) to talk about the effects of Fukushima, and yes, TEPCO and the government were involved in a huge coverup. Can't say how I know, but I do.

I recall some "talk" of yakustka (sp?) involved in some clean-up and stuff like bags of contaminated dirt being 'out sourced' for disposal....

Spookcat

We are exposed to micro amounts of radiation all the time. Does she not know this?

Spookcat

Quote from: albrecht on June 12, 2018, 11:07:00 PM

I recall some "talk" of yakustka (sp?) involved in some clean-up and stuff like bags of contaminated dirt being 'out sourced' for disposal....

From November 2013:
https://www.rt.com/news/fukushima-workers-nuclear-yakuza-006/

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
Dave just blew her out...lol

You go girl   :P

Got her all hot and bothered

Oooh, sparks are flying tonight.

Quote from: WinWinS on June 12, 2018, 11:10:53 PM

G'evening, Miss WinWin.  Just got in.  Sounds like I've been missing something.

Ghost

Wow, listen to the guest and caller Ben - this arguing sounds like me and my ex did, in the way-back machine.

Bart Ell

Benist needs a nuclear powered phone.

I like Dave. He is being fair by not hanging up on a controversial call like Snoory or Heater would.
Snoory: Umph um the caller's gone.

albrecht

Quote from: spookcat on June 12, 2018, 11:08:49 PM

From November 2013:
https://www.rt.com/news/fukushima-workers-nuclear-yakuza-006/

Yeah some other sources were around then too. (Only saying cause Russkies n Japs have history...and also competing organized crime syndicates!)

Spookcat

Did cancer use to be rare or it just become more well-known when the medical field evolved?

Lilith

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 12, 2018, 11:12:27 PM
I like Dave. He is being fair by not hanging up on a controversial call like Snoory or Heater would.
Snoory: Umph um the caller's gone.

I agree!  This is great stuff!!!   ;D

...not to mention, the guest isn't intimidated either.   ;D

WeinerInHand

Anyways, back in the day...

So if someone lives close to a reactor, what can a person do for better protection besides moving?

GravitySucks

Quote from: spookcat on June 12, 2018, 11:14:40 PM
Did cancer used to be rare or it just become more well-known when the medical field evolved?

Many more people used to die before they could get cancer.

My mother got breast cancer when she was 12. In 1944.

Aquarius

Quote from: spookcat on June 12, 2018, 11:14:40 PM
Did cancer use to be rare or it just become more well-known when the medical field evolved?

Both, and also the addition of lots of chemicals in our foods, going away from natural foods, all that made things worse too.

Lilith

My answer is also yes Dave.

WinWinS

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 12, 2018, 11:11:50 PM
G'evening, Miss WinWin.  Just got in.  Sounds like I've been missing something.