• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 04, 2015, 12:30:37 PM
Don't call me Nancy, but I would say it has to do with different sides of the brain being involved in trying to perform the task.
Can I call you Fancy?

FLLFlash

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 12:38:44 AM
Missing bumper music tonite:  I Smoke Two Joints

Pass the Dutchie (Sonic Youth)

(Reading down the thread I see someone else posted this song before me, but I like it so much I'm leaving it up. Look up Sonic Youth - they are an interesting story. Things didn't work out very well for those kids as they aged.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xle5gbvgw

FLLFlash

Quote from: Robert_S on December 04, 2015, 12:49:35 AM
I've always wanted to try those things.  But I wanted to wait until I was old, just in case I damage my brain.  Maybe I'm being too paranoid.

I suspect your mind loses "elasticity" as you age. You should probably do these things before you get old(er).

FLLFlash

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 12:56:32 AM
This caller says coke isn't addictive ... not sure about that one ...

It's not true and it's best not to go there. It can be very hard to get away from.

FLLFlash

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 04, 2015, 01:11:24 AM
I've never spent time in a more questionable place with more questionable people than Northern Ireland in the late 1990's.

Try Hells Kitchen, NYC in the '70's. Chock full of IRA. Very sketchy. Very dangerous.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 12:56:32 AM
This caller says coke isn't addictive ... not sure about that one ...
The term addiction has morphed over the last three decades. It used to mean a physical dependence. It is probably much more realistic to approach any habitual abuse as addiction, including marijuana.

wr250

Quote from: onan on December 06, 2015, 09:29:27 AM
The term addiction has morphed over the last three decades. It used to mean a physical dependence. It is probably much more realistic to approach any habitual abuse as addiction, including marijuana.
what about Q-tips?

FLLFlash

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 04, 2015, 01:48:34 AM
Psychic Treadmill guy probably was affordable. I miss him.

So do I. Give all the remote computer system support I've done in the past I feel a certain simpatico with the dude. I'm sure he knew exactly how your treadmill was f'ed up without laying either eyes nor hands on it. It's an gift.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 04, 2015, 01:52:28 AM
I'm glad somebody saw what I did there! I think I love you! ;)

I saw what you did there, but I don't count since I'm days behind in the thread.  :(

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 04, 2015, 01:55:30 AM
Oddly enough, I find that pot does make me more creative if I'm playing with my guitars but it does NOT make me more creative when writing, yet alcohol does. Very strange the creative process. What do you think Nancy?

There's a very old and well test relationship between alcohol and writing.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Crispy Corncob on December 04, 2015, 12:48:33 PM
Check out this link regarding effects of legalization:  https://www.rt.com/usa/316148-marijuana-related-deaths-injuries-study/

First post. Welcome to BellGab. Post often!

That said I hope you will not frequently put forth rt.com as source material. They're very suspect. Even more suspect than the MSM and that's pretty hard to do!

FLLFlash

After catching up on this thread I am left with one remaining question: What became of the majority of VoteQuimby's original posts? They are gone.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on December 06, 2015, 09:29:27 AM

It does seem kinda hard to draw a clear line, but addiction implies a net negative ... whereas there may be more benign dependencies as well.  Maybe the difference is if it starts controlling rather than complimenting one's life?

onan

Quote from: zeebo on December 07, 2015, 11:38:35 PM
It does seem kinda hard to draw a clear line, but addiction implies a net negative ... whereas there may be more benign dependencies as well.  Maybe the difference is if it starts controlling rather than complimenting one's life?

Yes, food would be one. The maxim, everything in moderation, is the most pragmatic position. That however seems impossible in some situations.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 06, 2015, 10:09:37 PM
I'll just leave this ear for you.

http://www.ageekinjapan.com/ear-cleaning-and-massage/

Ciardelo , you have a habit of posting interesting stuff.  One of the comments at that link struck me.

"man, that would just freak me out having someone poke this needle into my ear. with one little confused gesture, she can stick it right to my precious brain. that’s just me â€" paranoid."

I, too, would be paranoid to have a Japanese girl poking a sharp object into my ear.  I guess that's what happens after you've watched this movie!   ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 08, 2015, 09:40:43 PM
Ciardelo , you have a habit of posting interesting stuff.  One of the comments at that link struck me.

"man, that would just freak me out having someone poke this needle into my ear. with one little confused gesture, she can stick it right to my precious brain. that’s just me â€" paranoid."

I, too, would be paranoid to have a Japanese girl poking a sharp object into my ear.  I guess that's what happens after you've watched this movie!   ;D

Well thank you! I've never seen that movie, I'll have to Audition it.

And no way am I letting some girl be poking around in my ear. I'll do all the poking thank you.

JamesMcDonald

Meanwhile, back on the subject of pot.   ;D

Marijuana laced brownies at school send teacher to hospital

HIGHLAND TWP., Mich. - Police in Highland Township wants to know who left some pot brownies in the teacher's lounge of an elementary school.

At least one teacher got sick and was sent to the hospital at Spring Mills Elementary in Highland Township, north of M-59.

In the teacher's lounge a surprise dessert surfaced. Just after school on Tuesday a teacher at Spring Mills Elementary became ill.

At the hospital, doctors asked, "Was anything unusual about your school day?" She responded that she enjoyed a "free treat" in the teacher's lounge from a pan of brownies.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/57107862-story

Ciardelo

That sounds like a waste of good pot. I guess to someone not expecting it it would seem like they are "sick." Some kids probably now have major cred at school.