• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

aldousburbank

I'm not really interested in marijuana. But it seems to be quite interested in me.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 12:21:22 AM
Luckily you are a fish mammal, because not much oxygen in them. But did you find my stolen bike in there?

I can only imagine how many bikes lay at the bottom of the canals. I did rent a canal boat once with an insane French mirage pilot that I know and he took us out into the Ij. Nearly got killed by a passing cruise ship. How that man was allowed to fly by the French Armée de l'air is a total mystery to me.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 12:24:01 AM
I recall something from coffee shop that approached Light-Brown sugar in a rectangular form. And, another timeand place, some that look reddish-brown put on a pin but consistency of "Liquid Nails?"

the light brown sugar would have been a blonde hash... the reddish brown liquid type.. was oil extraction resin.. simply "oil"

zeebo

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:27:08 AM
the light brown sugar would have been a blonde hash... the reddish brown liquid type.. was oil extraction resin.. simply "oil"

Schylde thanks for the info tonite, good stuff.  I mean, well, ya know, good stuff.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 04, 2015, 12:24:25 AM
Right, but weed is kind of a bitch. It takes awhile and a lot of resources to produce, it's really hard to smuggle and it has a rapidly dwindling profit margin. It amazes me there's still enough profit to warrant smuggling it. Especially when the quality of mexican is legendarily shitty.

You're right about the cultivation aspect. Up here in the Northwest, it's part of life. Every person I've known since I was 15 years old has smoked weed and even in prohibition days it was out in the open everywhere. I remember when I used to travel a lot, I'd pull out weed in New Mexico or Wyoming and people would flip the fuck out. Even reading how it's still taboo to some people in this thread is odd and like looking into a different era.

What's funny is all it takes for growers to get caught is the police to go to the power company. With smart meters and indoor growing light profiles, the power companies know where virtually every indoor/guerrilla grow is. But indoor growers consume 3% of the nation's electricity and most power companies want the money and keep their eyes shut.
I guess it depends and the "intricacies" of growing good stuff but in many places hemp can grow and goes wild like crazy. Like bamboo or invasive. As I mentioned I had hard time just CUTTING my stuff down on a porch planted containers!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:21:15 AM
Hash is an extract of cannabis.  It is produced in several manners, producing slightly different final product.... but generally it is a putty like texture. One crumbles a small bit into a pipe and takes single hits.  Or one can crumble and mix with cannabis in a joint. several other methods  LOL. 

Black hash (India), blonde hash(Lebanon), red hash (Moroccan) ,  are three types of hash

Black hash is a hand rubbed hash.  resin is collected on the hands and then rubbed off and formed into balls etc.
Blonde hash is a dry sifted hash.  dry cannabis is rubbed on fine screens and the resin gland fall thru and are collected, and then pressed into forms.
red hash is also a dry sift.

there is also ice water extraction ... as the resin is not water soluable, this is possible to extract using ice/water

Then there is oil extraction.  This is done by using a solvent, to wash the resin from the cannabis plant.
this solvent could be pure alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol.  It also could be butane extracted.  These methods are more dangerous, obviously as you are using solvents/compressed gas and should not be attempted by untrained people.

You forgot to mention bubble hash.  One of the best. 

We smoked almost nothing but hash in Montreal.  Usually blonde Leb, sometimes Kashmir came to town if we were lucky.

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:27:08 AM
Thanks! So much knowledge on BG.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 12:28:08 AM
I guess it depends and the "intricacies" of growing good stuff but in many places hemp can grow and goes wild like crazy. Like bamboo or invasive. As I mentioned I had hard time just CUTTING my stuff down on a porch planted containers!

When I was stationed in Omaha the ditches were lined with ditch weed growing next to the corn fields.  Towards the end of summer, you would see a lot of out of state plates parked along the sides of the roads filling there trunks.  Seem to remember a lot of Michigan plates. Probably got more headaches than highs.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 12:28:08 AM

yes, but there is a difference between growing fine connoisseur quality bud, and a unkept wild growing bunch of hemp. LOL

zeebo

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 04, 2015, 12:21:08 AM
I love alcohol, but it's objectively awful.  Never feel like shit the next day with the other.  Unless I eat way too much.

I'm totally against alcohol .. with the following exceptions:

scotch
bourbon
cognac
martinis
red wine
beer

Spinner

Awesome show tonight (thank you, Heather).
Makes want to move to Colorado. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:31:17 AM
yes, but there is a difference between growing fine connoisseur quality bud, and a unkept wild growing bunch of hemp. LOL
It's like the difference between Art Bell and George Noory.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 12:32:31 AM

scotch
bourbon
cognac
martinis
red wine
beer

you missed vodka

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2015, 12:32:31 AM

scotch
bourbon
cognac
martinis
red wine
beer

Vodka, here.  Ugh.  Day it's in stores, where I'm at, I'm done with the booze for life.

Zenman

I know a few cannoiseurs, but I know more folks who will smoke pretty much anything.

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:31:17 AM
Or, for sure! But, it used to be, seem the method has been changes, that the "make it legal" movement used to be about the hemp for industrial, agricultural, fuel, paper, etc purposes, it seems a sea-change and it is about the THC (and associated aklaloids) for pain, fun, and TAXES.

AvDaBr

I'd like to hear Amy do the news after a few tokes.  I've never heard what a stoned robot sounds like.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 04, 2015, 12:33:18 AM
you missed vodka

Thank you for understaning martinis are made with gin ... damn kids these days and their 'vodka martinis'. 

But yeah, vodka too.  ;)