• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151120 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat

Started by Sandra Kristen, November 20, 2015, 11:07:02 PM

Donald Noory

Is this caller a girl or a guy with a high voice?

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 21, 2015, 12:24:52 AM
So, you seem to not believe in 99.9% of the stuff discussed here and on MITD but this one thing where there is 99.9% scientific consensus THAT'S a conspiracy?!b ::)

Please link me to your 99.9% statistic.

Mild Bill

Prepping is like a security blanket...it gives you a false sense of safety.  When the shit hits the fan you will either survive...or not.

Rocky4228

Quote from: ShayP on November 21, 2015, 12:24:08 AM
why wait?
Because with a functioning government there are theoretically consequences for doing that.

ShayP

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 21, 2015, 12:27:18 AM
Because with a functioning government there are theoretically consequences for doing that.

I forget sometimes.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mild Bill on November 21, 2015, 12:26:36 AM
Prepping is like a security blanket...it gives you a false sense of safety.  When the shit hits the fan you will either survive...or not.

Prepping for me involves one gun and one bullet.

Donald Noory

That's my dog he barks at people walking on the other side of the street.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on November 21, 2015, 12:25:08 AM
we should prep to kill other preppers  to steal their shit

their called raiders..i kill a lot of them in FO lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: Barfly on November 21, 2015, 12:22:52 AM
Everything was easily fixed, people that waited till the last min where assholes

Everything was easily fixed, once you could identify what all those everything's were and assigned the resources to fix it and test it. You would not believe the amount of COBOL code that is still in existence today. Just finding the correct version of the source code (when it could be found) was a major issue. Not all developers believe in configuration management.

What the fuck do I care if any believes me?  I just wish silver would get back up to $50.  I should have sold when it hit that a few years back.

Anybody want to buy Mexican novena candles?

Manx

Is this the dating forum?

Single white abductee looking for female companion.

I enjoy music, romantic dinner by candle light unless there is a social collapse, then it will be canned food by a fluorescent light. I live an active life and keep in shape by squatching on the weekend.

trostol

one of my all time fave songs..not sure why lol

Uncle Duke

Quote from: norland2424 on November 21, 2015, 12:25:08 AM
we should prep to kill other preppers  to steal their shit

Ian had a prepper on as a guest on C2C, some gal who talked primarily about growing and processing home grown food.  A guy called in and told her he didn't need all the gear she talked about, he'd just shoot her and take all the stuff she'd processed.  I think she shit herself, live on the air.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 21, 2015, 12:28:41 AM
their called raiders..i kill a lot of them in FO lol

im telling ya im waiting for someone like hoagland to say FO4 is a government training tool for the future nuke war

trostol

ZomZom

Sounds like Amy has chosen affectation #3 for tonight's voice.

Barfly

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 21, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
Nope, as Barfly said, it wasn't anything. My friends who worked in IT, one at a major bank, ran simulations of what would actually happen while the world was panicking in typical press-fed fashion.

Came to the conclusion that there was nothing to worry about.

Turned out they were right. Institutions that didn't spend millions to avoid the Y2K apocalypse went on operation just the same as those that did. Unfortunately, I had stock in some of the sucker corporations, but it didn't end up hurting their bottom line that much.
Planes didn't fall from the sky, banks and wall street where prepared , some small business that where running old NC machines that ran COBAL and waited to see what happens may have had a shock, but that was rare, third world countries with old hardware deserve any malfunctions they got.
Also just so you know the majority of cash stations you use today still use Windows XP

GravitySucks

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 21, 2015, 12:25:12 AM
Some people are very evil, Shay. Capitalists for example.  8)
Show me on this doll where the mean old capitalist hurt you.

Quote from: ZomZom on November 21, 2015, 12:30:58 AM
Sounds like Amy's has chosen affectation #3 for tonight's voice.

Yeah I don't mean to criticize but her style, tonight, makes it really hard to follow what she is saying. At this point a computer voice reading the news would be more pleasant to the ears.

Rocky4228

Pigeons?  They should teach these guys to detect breast cancer:

Dr_Blue

Quote from: Barfly on November 21, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
Planes didn't fall from the sky, banks and wall street where prepared , some small business that where running old NC machines that ran COBALT and waited to see what happens may have had a shock, but that was rare, third world countries with old hardware deserve any malfunctions they got.
Also just so you know the majority of cash stations you use today still use Windows XP
I have to admit that I hoarded/stored some extra gasoline at that time.

Barfly

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 21, 2015, 12:32:41 AM
Pigeons?  They should teach these guys to detect breast cancer:

The blue feet are fukin wicked!