• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

michio

I'm so disappointed at what Art said, even if said in jest. It's too reminiscent of that other host and his lust for quick and easy solutions to long-lasting and complex problems.

swordpoint9

Quote from: MABUSE on November 13, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
Batchelor is circumspect, erudite, thoughtful, and detail oriented.
What a pity he is the last of the Journalists.
**M**
On those Points agreed . Chuck De Caro was the last one I met .

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:52:38 PM
Lol you really have a hard on for bush dont ya?

norland, I don't have time to chat with you more about this.  Bush is a war criminal.     He and Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be in jail.  I am absolutely, 100% sure of that fact.

That's all I'm going to say on it.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 13, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
so..fallout will be real at some point if we use radiation...

2077 buddy, it has been written lol.

Lilith

Just my opinion, but I don't think more aggression can ever create peace.  I think the only thing that can begin the "road to peace" is for the world to see "war criminals" being "outed" and brought to justice.

MABUSE

The corollary to the 1930's is terrifyingly accurate, and not just vis-à-vis Spain-Mesopotamia.
Look closer to home, read Milvan Djilas, then hide under the bed.
**M**

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:47:45 PM
Batchelor is a veteran newsman and radio interviewer, not an "expert".
Yeah I read the bit on Art's website, but he presents himself as an expert and Bell didn't go out of his way to explain he's a media guy.  Of f*** me....he just called these jihadis a "warrior class". I think he's going into the ditch.

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:54:45 PM
norland, I don't have time to chat with you more about this.  Bush is a war criminal.     He and Cheney and Rumsfeld should all be in jail.  I am absolutely, 100% sure of that fact.

Its not that i really don't disagree with you, its more that it doesn't matter if he is or isnt since well he will never pay for it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 13, 2015, 11:52:14 PM
One can only imagine how many people are getting offed in the middle east right now by French operatives.

2e Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes probably not "offing" anybody tonight, but watch the news over the next few months.  You will see them in the news.

swordpoint9

Quote from: MABUSE on November 13, 2015, 11:55:28 PM
The corollary to the 1930's is terrifyingly accurate, and not just vis-à-vis Spain-Mesopotamia.
Look closer to home, read Milvan Djilas, then hide under the bed.
**M**
Wow now theres some hide under the covers reading HUH !

starrmtn001

I think I'll agree with John about waiting for the call to help.  We need the time to reinforce ourselves enough to answer that call if/when it comes.  Just my opinion.

albrecht

If we were were 'smarter' we we would exploit more amongst heathens. The divisions even in Islam, not ever mentioning the others stuff, could be better exploited. But Obama has as agenda. But to defeat Islam or those areas? easy. divide and conqueror.

bateman

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:55:40 PM
Yeah I read the bit on Art's website, but he presents himself as an expert and Bell didn't go out of his way to explain he's a media guy.  Of f*** me....he just called these jihadis a "warrior class". I think he's going into the ditch.

I wrote the bio. It should be clear that he's a broadcaster, not a spook or analyst on the payroll of a 3 letter agency or think tank, but if you got that impression, blame me.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:56:56 PM
2e Régiment Étranger de Parachutistes probably not "offing" anybody tonight, but watch the news over the next few months.  You will see them in the news.
2nd REP is already moving I am sure Duke !

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:55:40 PM

So all you know about Batchelor is what you read on Art's site.  I now understand.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:54:45 PM

Somehow I don't actually believe that, but if true, I am thankful.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Designx on November 13, 2015, 11:52:42 PM
Art always loved the fear mongering. That's why these shows are tiresome.

Art's old school; Patton, John Wayne.  No more charging in with the posse, it's a new day.  Robot drones, Internet attacks...

FLLFlash

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 11:34:56 PM
They are busy hacking teenage girls phone accounts, small town sheriffs, and, relatively, benign US and European governments, or just going after old people and small businesses with their hacking crytpolocking crap. Heaven forbid they go after cartels, terrorists, dangerous countries, banker criminal launders, etc.

They are anarchists. Do anarchists actually have a point, a goal other than ANARCHY?

Ciardelo

i didn't catch what Art said was fun. Can anybody tell me? Yes I know I am sitting right here listening. I was reading :)

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:44:43 PM
I'd rather have open lines on the Paris topic.  I'm sick of these f'ing security "experts" who, for $500/hr, tell us the obvious.  All night I've heard these guys saying the Paris killers pulled off the equivalent of the Normandy Invasion. Here's another Ed Dames of anti-terrorism. 
Is that what the Yuk-Yuk Numb-Nut talking heads are saying ? -LOL You realize that is pure psychological entrainment (Brain-washing) propaganda developed and perfected by Goebbels and now used against the American public to achieve an agenda. Just like relating 9-11 to Pearl Harbor.
This is the MAIN reason I don't watch syndicated news. Best brain-washing medium on the planet.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on November 14, 2015, 12:00:21 AM
Art's old school; Patton, John Wayne.  No more charging in with the posse, it's a new day.  Robot drones, Internet attacks...

Nah, he's not that simple.  That's over-simplifying his perspective.  Art's a guy who's been around a long, long time.  He's learned a lot and I, for one, am always interested in hearing what he has to say when tshtf like this.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 14, 2015, 12:02:23 AM
i didn't catch what Art said was fun. Can anybody tell me? Yes I know I am sitting right here listening. I was reading :)
Yeah, I can't walk and chew gum at the same time either. ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 14, 2015, 12:02:23 AM
Remedial multitasking has been scheduled by your training officer.

Zenman

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:48:02 PM
You could argue it all started with Reagan. If only we had let the Soviets crush the Islamic extremists in Afghanistan...

Yep. Probably started before that tho and was abundantly exacerbated by Bush taking down Iraq. Many, many enemies were spawned by that war.

This blood thirsty talk is scary. This is how we ended up in that mess with Iraq. Blood lust ugh.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 14, 2015, 12:00:32 AM
They are anarchists. Do anarchists actually have a point, a goal other than ANARCHY?

No, not anarchists, they describe themselves as "hacktivists."

http://wearelegionthedocumentary.com

albrecht

I don't want to argue it, or anything, with you, who I suspect is more legit, or with them, but simply say IF that is the desire more power to them, but I will ignore it and don't want any harassment. To each their own. Whatever. But opinion, of me, says go after danger or truth of powerful, exploitative stuff, but in a good way if possible. But to each their own. But going "gangsta", then go after gangsters. But instead hack some deluded pics from some girls or hack-lock small businesses or people. Whatever. Hackers are awesome. Yah.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: norland2424 on November 13, 2015, 11:53:56 PM
Only problem is our government doesn't have the balls to fight a war with no roe's.
Not just us. Every Western nation. We haven't got the intestinal tools anymore. We need an anti-terror version of Curtis LeMay.

Ciardelo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 14, 2015, 12:03:16 AM
Yeah, I can't walk and chew gum at the same time either. ;D
You too?
Quote from: GravitySucks on November 14, 2015, 12:03:19 AM
Remedial multitasking has been scheduled by your training officer.
Apparently I need it sir.