• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

maren

Quote from: Barfly on November 11, 2015, 12:18:18 AM
Religions pay NO taxes, and i can ASSURE you they have plenty cash that is not reported to followers, i know from experience being a alter boy for years, back then we collected the cash from the baskets and put it in a huge basket behind the alter, i ripped off plenty, so did the priests after mass, they would pocket some right in front of me..
If business paid high taxes they would hire less people and you would pay more for products, BOTH parties know this, its nothing new, Apple is one of the worst offenders of tax dodging.

Plenty of Big Biz pays NO taxes, either.  They, like religions, are swimming in the cash.  They all take the ultimate advantage they can -- Apple is most visible because is's so big.  The reason is because the LAWS enacted make it possible for them to not pay their (according to us) fair share.  The House and Senate are in lockstep with Big Biz.  If they hadn't made it possible and easy to skip out on taxes and (worse, IMO) ship jobs overseas or bring in people on visas for employment here, then it wouldn't be the status quo.  Sadly, it is.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 11, 2015, 12:29:47 AM
There would be a paradox if you tried to overlay the claims of two religions on the same reality.

How so? The fact that we have that paradox seems to suggest that it's not a paradox.

inuk2600

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
How so? The fact that we have that paradox seems to suggest that it's not a paradox.

You said the word valid.

Barfly

Quote from: norland2424 on November 11, 2015, 12:27:39 AM
the only bug so far ive seen on the xbox one is that the pip boy app wont connect, other then that i haven't seen any frame rate drops, and graphic wise yea the engine is dated but for an open world game it isnt that bad
Anything under 60FPS @ 1440 is unacceptable for me, i gave my Xbox1 away about 3 weeks ago to a kid down the street, i never played it, i may give my PS4 away to the same kid, it just collects dust.
I have no idea why i bought them, curiosity i guess, i have been a PC gamer since the early 90's, actually before that if you count games on the Amiga.
I have a HTPC that i rarely use, i dont watch much TV, sometimes a movie, thats about it, i have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and i rarely use them.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 11, 2015, 12:33:14 AM
You said the word valid.

They would be, if the programmer intended for each of them to exist simultaneously. For all we know, after death, Muslims go to their heaven, Christian's go to theirs, Athiests blink out, etc.

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on November 11, 2015, 12:33:27 AM
Anything under 60FPS @ 1440 is unacceptable for me, i gave my Xbox1 away about 3 weeks ago to a kid down the street, i never played it, i may give my PS4 away to the same kid, it just collects dust.
I have no idea why i bought them, curiosity i guess, i have been a PC gamer since the early 90's, actually before that if you count games on the Amiga.
I have a HTPC that i rarely use, i dont watch much TV, sometimes a movie, thats about it, i have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and i rarely use them.

just sell the ps4 and use it as hooker/stripper money... lol

Barfly

Quote from: norland2424 on November 11, 2015, 12:35:12 AM
just sell the ps4 and use it as hooker/stripper money... lol
I dont have a problem with money, i would rather give it away to someone who would enjoy it

K_Dubb

Quote from: Zenman on November 11, 2015, 12:33:17 AM
Yes, I believe!

Hail The Grand Ultimate Programmer!

Don't be too quick.  He tried to play the game Himself a couple thousand years ago and got His ass handed to Him.

FLLFlash

Quote from: ASC on November 11, 2015, 12:12:38 AM
had to share this, got it via email. Not directed at anyone!

Jim Croce should have fit this into that song. (Don't Mess Around With Jim)

I love this.

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 12:32:26 AM

If a paradox is planned and implemented, then a paradox is NOT a paradox, nor is it ironc, ironically.  lol's

inuk2600

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 12:34:31 AM
They would be, if the programmer intended for each of them to exist simultaneously. For all we know after death, Muslims go to their heaven, Christian's go to theirs, Athiests blink out, etc.

If a religion were valid, it's reality would need to adhere to the claims of it's holy book. Different religions compete on many points, and therefore create paradoxes.

Barfly

Quote from: brig on November 11, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
If a paradox is planned and implemented, then a paradox is NOT a paradox, nor is it ironc, ironically.  lol's
Had to read that one twice and think about it..
+1

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2015, 11:59:56 PM
I figure just believe whatever helps you along HERE, because we have no control of what happens after.  I choose to believe that I'll see my friends and family and pets on the other side.  I don't really care if that's REALLY what will happen or not, but believing it makes it easier being here without them, if that makes sense.
I love what you said here. Thanks :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 11, 2015, 12:38:37 AM
If a religion were valid, it's reality would need to adhere to the claims of it's holy book. Different religions compete on many points, and therefore create paradoxes.

What if the whole point was conflict? Like an ant farm. Get everyone fighting with each other and then give them what they want when they die?