• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151105 - Gregory Paxson - Past Life Regressions - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, November 05, 2015, 10:59:49 PM

coaster

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2015, 12:12:48 AM

This legit child savant drew a picture of a chello at age 2, spelled chello, and asked his parents for one. They claim they never had one or showed him one. He's written 5 symphonies before the age of 12, and can play them backwards effortlessly. Explain that shit.
He could have seen a chello. The parents could have shown him one. People lie.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Étouffée on November 05, 2015, 11:58:49 PM
Baseball games just sound better on a transistor radio.

You have a point. That was main fare on my first transistor radio about 55 years ago. (This life, not a past one.)

I wonder whatever became of that radio. Also, what became of the little tape recorder I had back then.

Quote from: albrecht on November 06, 2015, 12:14:49 AM
I recall some story about a guy who had a stroke and then started composing music and wrote a symphony or something. And he never studied or practiced music before but post brain injury had an obsession almost about it. Brain is a weird thing.

There's a professor in the US who went to India and took an anti-malaria drug and it wiped his memory, fascinating story... There's one part where he described feeling as though he had like a radio tuned into someone else's consciousness, and somehow has all these memories of being and old man... He describes this person and his family in jarring detail. The brain is odd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/the-answer-to-the-riddle-is-me-a-debut-takes-on-memory-loss.html

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 06, 2015, 12:20:01 AM
You have a point. That was main fare on my first transistor radio about 55 years ago. (This life, not a past one.)

I wonder whatever became of that radio. Also, what became of the little tape recorder I had back then.
You both are so right..on to something. Looking on ebay now for old transistor radios. Used to listen to the Detroit Tigers play (Ernie Harwell announcing) when I was a kid.

Quote from: coaster on November 06, 2015, 12:16:44 AM
He could have seen a chello. The parents could have shown him one. People lie.

And just so happens to have a staggering musical genius that floors the greatest living composers today? He was writing music in his mind before he could even play instruments. Sure, yeah, his parents showed him a picture. Nothing to see here, move along.

Art

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2015, 12:12:48 AMThis legit child savant drew a picture of a chello at age 2, spelled chello, and asked his parents for one. They claim they never had one or showed him one. He's written 5 symphonies before the age of 12, and can play them backwards effortlessly. Explain that shit.

It's cello, like J-E-L-L-O but with a C. C is for cookie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89sFEuEuTYM

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2015, 12:21:16 AM
There's a professor in the US who went to India and took an anti-malaria drug and it wiped his memory, fascinating story... There's one part where he described feeling as though he had like a radio tuned into someone else's consciousness, and somehow has all these memories of being and old man... He describes this person and his family in jarring detail. The brain is odd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/the-answer-to-the-riddle-is-me-a-debut-takes-on-memory-loss.html
The veil is thinning. I can almost see paradise  now ;D

albrecht

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2015, 12:21:16 AM

Wow, crazy story. Thanks! The BBC Reith Lectures from a decade ago were interesting on the brain and the C2C with the "Brain On Fire" was excellent radio and interesting story.

Quote from: Schlyder7 on November 06, 2015, 12:15:37 AM
If you crunch the numbers... a whole lot of us are sharing past lives.   There's near 8 Billion of us now.. but 50 years ago there was only 4 Billion...  and 1000 years ago, how many?   It seems to me, we would have had to share past lives.   Balderdash I says.

Especially since they were all Napoleon or Queen Elizabeth.

coaster

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2015, 12:23:36 AM
And just so happens to have a staggering musical genius that floors the greatest living composers today? He was writing music in his mind before he could even play intruments. Sure, yeah, he just saw a picture.
Savants do it all the time. Nothing new. Doesn't mean they are reincarnated musical geniuses or something..

PrairieGhost

Anyone else hearing the voices drop for a split second once in awhile?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 06, 2015, 12:20:31 AM
While riding a sybian? no? not impressed

For a second there I thought you wrote "Zildjian" which would make a lot of sense in the context of music, but no you're just a pig.   ;D

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: PrairieGhost on November 06, 2015, 12:25:05 AM
Anyone else hearing the voices drop for a slip second once in awhile?

Those are EVPs. There are REAL hypnotists on the other side who are really pissed about this.