• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151103 - Linda Moulton Howe - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 03, 2015, 09:16:23 PM

AppealPlay

Just saw a photo of Eggnog scroll by on the DMDN page while trying unsuccessfully to get the Wormhole up.  I want some Eggnog.

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on November 03, 2015, 11:36:07 PM
I turn my back for a minute and 3 pages go by.  I had to set up my laptop so I am listening on my kindle and threading on the laptop. Option of last resort.  That didnt even work last night. If I disappear you'll know I lost one or the other.

Did I see  my initials used in vain?
No Ma'am. No and gifs or butts about it. Just pointing out another piece of poop for the bit bucket.

coaster

Quote from: TigerLily on November 03, 2015, 11:36:07 PM
I turn my back for a minute and 3 pages go by.
Didn't miss anything. Just people bitching and trying to out-troll each other.

Noorynoid

You can buy a cheap stool at Walmart if you really need something to raise your legs while taking a sheet.

AppealPlay

Everyone go subscribe to Art's archive so he doesn't have to hustle subscriptions on air.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 03, 2015, 11:23:13 PM
I believe he said he quit smoking. He does gum or lozenges now.

Glad to read that he quit.  I think I mistook some photos of Art as being recent, with a cig. between his fingers.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on November 03, 2015, 11:36:06 PM
Maybe you and Cody need to talk about poop . . . .

Donald is a massive troll.  I'm not worked up at all.  Just outing him.  Trolls don't like it when you bitch slap them in the manner that I have done.

I've been outing trolls for many decades now.  I've got a doctorate in exposing trolls.   ;)

Noorynoid

Quote from: coaster on November 03, 2015, 11:38:12 PM
Didn't miss anything. Just people bitching and trying to out-troll each other.

Thank god for the amazing 'Troll-O-Matic' greatest invention of the modern age anywhere!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 03, 2015, 11:32:14 PM
Some radio show was recalling the Flintstones animated commercials for cigarettes the other day. Even more unsettling than the doctors' endorsements.

But I digress ... are they still talking about the megastructure thingy?

The Flintstones used sponsor products placement quite a bit early on.  In addition to the cigarettes (Winstons?), they also showed the family drinking Welch's grape juice, eating some cereal, and, after the birth of Peebles, the "Peebles Building Boulders" derivied from the show and sold as an alternative to blocks for kiddos.

norland2424

Quote from: Rix Gins on November 03, 2015, 11:38:39 PM
Glad to read that he quit.  I think I mistook some photos of Art as being recent, with a cig. between his fingers.

he might be using e cigs

albrecht

Quote from: coaster on November 03, 2015, 11:35:10 PM
X2. I quit years ago,  but whenever I drank, I'd end up chain smoking a pack of some cheap smokes. Felt miserable afterwards. Now I cannot stand cigarette smoke. It is absolutely nauseating.
No so bad in some areas, but man, in northern places or European? The ban was good. Sorry, take it outside, private club, snuff, chewing tobacco, dip, or vap. Getting smoke out of a sweater, suit, etc. Nasty and hard to do. So even a quick drink somewhere used to be bad.

coaster

Quote from: Noorynoid on November 03, 2015, 11:38:12 PM
You can buy a cheap stool at Walmart if you really need something to raise your legs while taking a sheet.
I use concrete blocks painted with little decorative turds.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Kolchak on November 03, 2015, 11:36:24 PM

"Dear Mom & Dad:
Those years in model school paid off; I finally got a professional modeling gig!  Pic enclosed."

Noorynoid

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 03, 2015, 11:39:11 PM
Donald is a massive troll.  I'm not worked up at all.  Just outing him.  Trolls don't like it when you bitch slap them in the manner that I have done.

I've been outing trolls for many decades now.  I've got a doctorate in exposing trolls.   ;)

Remember the days of Tim Hill, DrPostman, Geezer and the rest trolling poor Art to death on AFAB?

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2015, 11:40:25 PM
No so bad in some areas, but man, in northern places or European? The ban was good. Sorry, take it outside, private club, snuff, chewing tobacco, dip, or vap. Getting smoke out of a sweater, suit, etc. Nasty and hard to do. So even a quick drink somewhere used to be bad.
I got chewing tobacco in right now. Better than cigarettes, but that nicotine is a bitch.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 03, 2015, 11:39:23 PM
The Flintstones used sponsor products placement quite a bit early on.  In addition to the cigarettes (Winstons?), they also showed the family drinking Welch's grape juice, eating some cereal, and, after the birth of Peebles, the "Peebles Building Boulders" derivied from the show and sold as an alternative to blocks for kiddos.

Kinda makes me wonder about all the Flinstones' Vitamins I chewed as a kid.  Seems kind of hypocritical to give me vitamins and then advertise cigarettes.

trostol

Dyson swarm..but aside from that...blah forgot what i was...oh yeah..if they were a type 2..not sure they would ya know..be using radio

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 03, 2015, 11:41:18 PM
I doubt they're much safer/better than the tobacco leaf model.

i used to be a heavy cig smoker, i switched them out for e cigs, now ive been free from both for an year now

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Noorynoid on November 03, 2015, 11:41:39 PM
Remember the days of Tim Hill, DrPostman, Geezer and the rest trolling poor Art to death on AFAB?

There are a few different ways to deal with trolls.  You can ignore them.  You can take them on , smack them down to the mat then continue to pulverize them on the ground like an MMA fighter, you can do all kinds of things.  But they will always be around, sadly.   8)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 03, 2015, 11:41:49 PM
Kinda makes me wonder about all the Flinstones' Vitamins I chewed as a kid.  Seems kind of hypocritical to give me vitamins and then advertise cigarettes.
Fred and Barney were SUCH sell-outs. You never saw George Jetson compromising his artistic integrity.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 03, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
Gumby ... I enjoy your posts, but your profile picture is ... unsettling.
Thanks. It unsettles even me, the unsettleable. Doesn't quite fit in, does it? Well, it was for a special occasion a little while ago. BTW, how'd you know I was getting ready to change it again?

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 03, 2015, 11:43:35 PM
Fred and Barney were SUCH sell-outs. You never saw George Jetson compromising his artistic integrity.

Damned Right!  That George Jetson was a stand-up fellow.  Not sure about the boy.