• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151026 - Dr. Michael Lynch – The Ghost Phenomenon - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 04:57:57 PM

Robert

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 26, 2015, 11:07:02 PMKepler observed the transits several times over a long period of time, so if it's an object in the foreground its motion through space should have produced differences in the light curve. From what I know, it did not.
But what if its vector happens to lie along the line between us?  Or is otherwise 0 relative to that line?

trostol

Quote from: Faster345 on October 26, 2015, 11:10:44 PM
Listening live on KABC...no 1 hour delay. But the regular KABC listeners missed Arts welcome message and the show just went right into the guest, no lead in or segue or re-introduction of the guest or anything. And didn't the show start tonight with The Chase? The KABC show started with Laura Brannigan's Self Control. Kinda weird. Otherwise, GREAT to hear Art in L.A. on terrestrial radio once again. Cheers!

i think Laura was the 1 hour into the show song

I tuned into KABC at 10pm and it started with the show already in progress (in sync with the DMRN internet broadcast).

Weirdoradio

Listening live on KABC...no 1 hour delay. But the regular KABC listeners missed Arts welcome message and the show just went right into the guest, no lead in or segue or re-introduction of the guest or anything. And didn't the show start tonight with The Chase? The KABC show started with Laura Brannigan's Self Control. Kinda weird. Otherwise, GREAT to hear Art in L.A. on terrestrial radio once again. Cheers!

Sounds like you joined us in media res, and no delay tonight.

gx2music

Looking forward to this guys scientific paper, that will be peer reviewed and submitted to the Nobel Prize commite....  Oh wait.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Robert on October 26, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
But what if its vector happens to lie along the line between us?  Or is otherwise 0 relative to that line?

It's possible, but what are the chances?

Weirdoradio

I like how this guy's tone is suggesting that he's slowly unspooling a hell of a story.

Too bad that story is a dude in a sheet just hanging out around these guys.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 26, 2015, 11:09:28 PM
Lockheed-Martin will produce a working compact fusion reactor prototype within five years, and production will begin in ten. That's actually an indicator of the Singularity in and of itself, governments spent all that money building ITER but exponential technological advancement moved faster than government and it will become superfluous before it is ever completed.

i hope you are correct sir

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on October 26, 2015, 11:07:49 PM
It's an insignificant base relative to the altitude of the star.  But it could be a significant base relative to an interposed object.  The question is whether there's a reasonable size possible for a solid object with the occulting characteristics seen at a distance short enough to make the Earth's revolutionary base relatively significant.
Draw a dot on the street in front of your house. Now draw a basketball on a street in Nome, Alaska.

Now find a spot in between that will occlude the basketball on a regular periodic basis without taking your foot off the dot in your street. The only way you can do it is if the "occluder" is on your street. If it was on your street, it would be close enough for you to see it.

I don't know how else to explain it.

Former photo instructor here. Those "anomalies" are all on the image in front of the subjects. Nothing that intersects or is behind the subjects. Why? Because that is exactly what liquid surfactant lens cleaning fluid looks like when it dries on the camera lens. BTW the camera he's describing is a P.O.S. 90's technology.

trostol

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on October 26, 2015, 11:14:04 PM
Former photo instructor here. Those "anomalies" are all on the image in front of the subjects. Nothing that intersects or is behind the subjects. Why? Because that is exactly what liquid surfactant lens cleaning fluid looks like when it dries on the camera lens. BTW the camera he's describing is a P.O.S. 90's technology.

well done sir!!!!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 26, 2015, 11:10:04 PM
Oh, didn't look at his Facebook page, just the two websites listed on Art's site.  Thanks!
Yes, of course. Facebook. With content created by the page owner. Must be legit.

Spinner

Whaaaa?  They didn't carry the first hour?

inuk2600

Quote from: Robert on October 26, 2015, 11:11:16 PM

Whatever the objects are, if it were much closer to us than we think (i.e. in interstellar space), it would eventually pass by the star and the phenomena would go away.

Catsmile

Art seems really happy he can smoke on the other side. <cough coughin nails>

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 26, 2015, 11:09:28 PM
Lockheed-Martin will produce a working compact fusion reactor prototype within five years, and production will begin in ten. That's actually an indicator of the Singularity in and of itself, governments spent all that money building ITER but exponential technological advancement moved faster than government and it will become superfluous before it is ever completed.

I hope India has breakthroughs with the thorium reactors before them leading to decentralization of the grid. Hope.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 11:13:07 PMDraw a dot on the street in front of your house. Now draw a basketball on a street in Nome, Alaska.

Now find a spot in between that will occlude the basketball on a regular periodic basis without taking your foot off the dot in your street. The only way you can do it is if the "occluder" is on your street. If it was on your street, it would be close enough for you to see it.
Sure, see it if it was illuminated or emitting.  But we think there are objects orbiting the Sun at such distance as to be invisible, and that's practically on our street compared to the star's Alaska location.

God, if I can smoke again with no repercussions as an orb just by thinking about it, kill me now.

Faster345

Can someone please wormhole Art about this guy being full of it....it's dust Art! Reminds me of the "rods" described by some guy Art used to interview who took pictures of blurred insects. This is just silly. But still better than Jorch Snoory.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Faster345 on October 26, 2015, 11:18:44 PM
Can someone please wormhole Art about this guy being full of it....it's dust Art! Reminds me of the "rods" described by some guy Art used to interview who took pictures of blurred insects. This is just silly. But still better than Jorch Snoory.

RODS

TAKE A SHOT.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 11:17:59 PM
I hope India has breakthroughs with the thorium reactors before them leading to decentralization of the grid. Hope.

Oh yeah, why the world did not pursue thorium reactors sooner is an atrocity.