• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151020 - David Jacobs - Hubrids Part II Take II - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 20, 2015, 08:03:02 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Barfly on October 21, 2015, 01:00:01 AM
I would never bad mouth it, but the last 5-8 years or so i see a lot of spitting, anal has become a "thing" and now the latest is family incest, its getting pretty weird.

It's a shocking statistic, but 100% of incest cases reported have involved sex between close blood relations. I blame global warming.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: trostol on October 21, 2015, 12:49:15 AM
i am not sure if this is real and if it is how i feel about it

http://nbc.com.co/the-big-lebowski-2-announced-filming-begins-january-2016/

It won't ruin the original, but I don't have high hopes for it. A lot of the most famous lines aren't all that funny on paper but the actors bring it to life somehow, so it will all depend on whether they are looking for a pay day or actually want to do something good. I am not sure about having Bill Murray in it because he might make the mixture a bit too rich if all the actors are competing to have a chance to shine.

Apparently the Coen brothers wrote all the changes for the TV version of the film, to take out the salty dialogue. My favourite is, "Larry, you see what happens when you FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS!!"

centaurie

Thanks for making this episode funny and interesting. If it was not for this vaguely lovable lot at bellgab I would not have tuned in or had so much fun with this one.

Honestly, I would prefer if we don't' have David Jacobs back for a long time. So many cool guests, interesting guests, even crazy ones. This one just does not interest me.

coaster

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 21, 2015, 05:55:09 AM
did somebody ask him why a history professor is hypnotising women over the phone and asking them to send him their used panties or suggesting they get a chastity belt "where the vaginal opening is, it's got a couple of nails sticking across" to fend off hubrid advances

http://ufotrail.blogspot.ca/2014/02/the-woodsjacobs-tapes-and-oral-history.html

"Later during the same session, Jacobs instructed Woods, 'Well, if you can dig up the underpants, without even thinking about it, just put 'em in a plastic bag, put 'em in an envelope, then just send 'em off to me. Totally, greatly appreciate it. Do not even think about it. Just do it automatically. No fuss, no muss and don't think about it afterward either.' "
Creepy.

scottydawg

Remember Folks, we're all here for the show! It's INFOTAINMENT! What's that? You came here for Education and Enlightenment?
Sorry folks, that's not what your ticket Sez, see the disclaimer on the back! If not satisfied please contact the good folks at your local radio station and see about the double your Brain Cells Back Guarantee! ;)

VtaGeezer

Jacobs was interesting last month, but bringing him back so soon was like a rerun.  Gave up in Hour 2 to hear the new JFK theory on that other show.  Art should book that guy; he really deserved an interviewer who is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Art

did somebody ask him why a history professor is hypnotising women over the phone and asking them to send him their used panties or suggesting they get a chastity belt "where the vaginal opening is, it's got a couple of nails sticking across" to fend off hubrid advances

"Later during the same session, Jacobs instructed Woods, 'Well, if you can dig up the underpants, without even thinking about it, just put 'em in a plastic bag, put 'em in an envelope, then just send 'em off to me. Totally, greatly appreciate it. Do not even think about it. Just do it automatically. No fuss, no muss and don't think about it afterward either.' "

Wow, what a creep.  I'm really glad I fell asleep before the show last night.

How else are you supposed to get hubrid DNA?

pumaman

I've listened to art bell since the 90s.  Art has changed.  In the 90s, he also had a lot of strange people with strange opinions.  But he was cooly detached and politely challenging to people who come on and --for example-- claim the world is dominated by human alien insect hybrids.  Now he is sycophantically supportive of these people, and even shows his disdain when a caller questions the guests even in the slightest.

Last night, a learned caller tried to ask Jacobs a very good if not slightly critical question, and Art curtly interrupted with a correction, and demanded the caller refer him as "professor jacobs".  After the caller apologized, backed up and called him "professor Jacobs", the callers question was hardly noticed and quickly dispatched as irrelevant.  Art hung up on the caller. 

Yes I know this show is entertainment.  But this new Art I do not care for.  I'll give him a month or two in the hope that the more scientific and critical Art Bell to overcome this human alien insect hybrid sycophant Art Bell.

nika01

I dont believe a word Jacobs says. His delivery is just too damn glib for someone bringing news that we are all being replaced by "them"

pumaman

Quote from: nika01 on October 21, 2015, 07:22:12 PM
I dont believe a word Jacobs says. His delivery is just too damn glib for someone bringing news that we are all being replaced by "them"

"professor" Jacobs is obviously mentally ill. 

lamr

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 21, 2015, 04:47:46 PM
Jacobs was interesting last month, but bringing him back so soon was like a rerun.  Gave up in Hour 2 to hear the new JFK theory on that other show.  Art should book that guy; he really deserved an interviewer who is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Yeah, not into this one tonight.

ZomZom

Fell asleep during the show but finished the archive this morning.  This was not Jacobs' best appearance.  I prefer when he sticks to the abductee's stories and lets us draw our own conclusions.  This is what his book Secret Life is all about.  He also didn't add much to his recent appearance.  He's still a favorite guest because I love the subject of alien abduction.

the_peeve

In light of the shootings at Art's compound last night, this podcast has a very eerie feeling for some of the things Art questioned on-air about mind control and shooting up people. I listened to this podcast last evening, a few hours before Art's live show.

Claudius

Quote from: pumaman on October 21, 2015, 06:43:53 PM
I've listened to art bell since the 90s.  Art has changed.  In the 90s, he also had a lot of strange people with strange opinions.  But he was cooly detached and politely challenging to people who come on and --for example-- claim the world is dominated by human alien insect hybrids.  Now he is sycophantically supportive of these people, and even shows his disdain when a caller questions the guests even in the slightest.

Last night, a learned caller tried to ask Jacobs a very good if not slightly critical question, and Art curtly interrupted with a correction, and demanded the caller refer him as "professor jacobs".  After the caller apologized, backed up and called him "professor Jacobs", the callers question was hardly noticed and quickly dispatched as irrelevant.  Art hung up on the caller. 

Yes I know this show is entertainment.  But this new Art I do not care for.  I'll give him a month or two in the hope that the more scientific and critical Art Bell to overcome this human alien insect hybrid sycophant Art Bell.

I completely agree with you here. First off he doesn't deserve to be called Dr. or professor he has lost that honorary in my book. Also Art does seem to almost always agree with the guest, especially if they have what I would call "diagnosable" conspiracy theories, CT so bad and crazy that they person could be diagnosed based upon the theory which they believe in.

It's almost pathetic, these people should be challenged and their ideas and theories smacked with the old logic stick. Instead Art just blindly goes along with it. Along with that he is constantly saying that NASA is 50% the way there in confirming that that star is surrounded by "megastructures" WRONG as Art said himself they are 50% of the way done confirming the data, checking it for errors etc. instead like most things now Art has an agenda and will push it even if it is totally false.

henge0stone

Im only 5'4 does that make me a Hubrid? I DO know that I can lean backwards on couches though so now I'm not sure.  :-\

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Claudius on October 22, 2015, 11:24:12 AM
I completely agree with you here. First off he doesn't deserve to be called Dr. or professor he has lost that honorary in my book. Also Art does seem to almost always agree with the guest, especially if they have what I would call "diagnosable" conspiracy theories, CT so bad and crazy that they person could be diagnosed based upon the theory which they believe in.

It's almost pathetic, these people should be challenged and their ideas and theories smacked with the old logic stick. Instead Art just blindly goes along with it. Along with that he is constantly saying that NASA is 50% the way there in confirming that that star is surrounded by "megastructures" WRONG as Art said himself they are 50% of the way done confirming the data, checking it for errors etc. instead like most things now Art has an agenda and will push it even if it is totally false.

3rd'ed. I really don't like the show when he goes full true believer. It would happen in the shows from the '90s as well. I want to say the first time "Buggs" told the bigfoot murder story is a good example. He had people call in to give their opinions on the story, which led to the most underrated caller of all time:
"Is it raining down there in Pahrump?"
"No, I don't think..."
"Man, because you are awfully wet over this story"

And right now Art is awfully wet over the hubrid story.

henge0stone

I don't know if I can handle Jacobs anymore. I used to love his scary stories (knowing that they are just that) and I thought he was (maybe still is) a good balance to the star brother crazies. But he's getting to a point where its just too much. I hate it when people claim to know this much about an unknown subject. He has defiantly added to the abduction scenario to sell more books.

I hate it when Art goes full-believer. He's done it for other crazy stories mainly (I think) to make the guests comfortable to go on and be entertaining. But there's a point where you have to start calling them out. Took 25 years for him to do it with Dames.

An example of where Art should have called him out was when he started talking about Hubrids coming in the supermarkets while the aliens show them how stuff works, I just couldn't listen. You have to at least be a little believable I mean where the heck could he have gotten that information from? Something I really wanted Art to ask. You have to start questioning hypnosis when your getting things like this.

I also don't mind Art making connections between some guests and stories but linking the megastructure story to this? Not even close. I guess when he called him the 'new doctor doom' he's giving him the free pass Dames had.