• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

maren

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:48:18 PM
Thumbs up but pretty bizarre. Kinda made my head hurt thinking about it afterwards.

It does sound like a head banger.

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on October 06, 2015, 10:45:45 PM
me and a friend got into going to estate sales earlier in the year, we have a found alot of good stuff
Yeah, sometimes it makes me sad though. When you see stuff like family albums, personal recognition plaques, etc with a sticker on them. Then again, there are sometimes some interesting things found; but harder to get "deals" unless you get "in the know" and the folks that run them. Not saying cheating but today with the internet it is harder to find some crazy money making item. But, for me, finding bizarre or interesting stuff is enough. Old books, records, antiques, etc. Heck, I got an Astros cap (brand new, new era MLB) for a $1 4 months ago. And look at them now! hahaha.

WhiteCrow

Brilliant idea... Madmad Man Markum and Prof Mallett should hook up and build a time machine for Art, so he can go back in time and undo his endorsement of Dave.

"Dave, Dave, Dave's not here"

chefist

My girlfriend just texted me that while out for drinks while away on business tonight,  a Catholic Cardinal just invited her to an Irish bar! LOL  ;D

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 06, 2015, 10:54:08 PM
You're right I'm going to listen again to this again tomorrow, running on leftover nervous energy here. Popcorn and coffee time.

that combo does not sound appealing lol

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 10:50:46 PM
You're confusing me to the point that I understand you perfectly.

It's the Hoagie strategy.  Bend it, then bend it some more until it breaks, then reshape it into something else that looks vaguely like a pyramid.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
LOTSA skipping on TuneIn.  :(
At least on mine.
Mine is fine, but I have it set to lowest quality.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:48:18 PM
Thumbs up but pretty bizarre. Kinda made my head hurt thinking about it afterwards.

What about Primer?  That'll mess you up.

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on October 06, 2015, 10:55:18 PM
My girlfriend just texted me that while out for drinks while away on business tonight,  a Catholic Cardinal just invited her to an Irish bar! LOL  ;D

Why does this sound very suspicious?  Sure it wasn't a St. Louis Cardinal?  Phoenix? 

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 10:55:46 PM
It's the Hoagie strategy.  Bend it, then bend it some more until it breaks, then reshape it into something else that looks vaguely like a pyramid.

Best if broken into 19.5 pieces.

SciFiAuthor

Interesting point he made. It is still a probability that you might find yourself in a vacuum. But also, there is a probability that you will instantly teleport halfway across the universe due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. It's so low that it doesn't practically happen, but it still can.

maren

Quote from: coaster on October 06, 2015, 10:53:45 PM
I've heard all of this before, but I still find it fascinating.  I love time travel shows.

I don't think I've heard it presented so well (and understandable) before.  Just so hard to wrap your head around.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:56:46 PM
Mine is fine, but I have it set to lowest quality.
Hmm. I have on highest/longest buffer (usually helps but idk, maybe I shouldn't.) I have older version of TuneIn (seemed to be less ads and more stable) also, so that could be an issue.

Aww Art cut short the Doobie Brothers. Its a sign-Art is firing the Doobie Brothers.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 06, 2015, 10:58:28 PM
Interesting point he made. It is still a probability that you might find yourself in a vacuum. But also, there is a probability that you will instantly teleport halfway across the universe due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. It's so low that it doesn't practically happen, but it still can.

That's the essence of statistical sciences like thermodynamics or quantum physics.

maren

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 06, 2015, 10:58:28 PM

What, hon?

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 06, 2015, 10:51:50 PMIf we can ever do it, I hope we find out we can only go into the future and not be able to return.
What would be the advantage of that over putting you & your consciousness in suspended animation for that time interval/

Dyna-X

Quote from: trostol on October 06, 2015, 10:55:37 PM
that combo does not sound appealing lol

The coffee first, that will give me enough get up and go to start the popcorn.  Its not like I'm having pickles and ice cream :)

chefist

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 06, 2015, 10:57:49 PM
Why does this sound very suspicious?  Sure it wasn't a St. Louis Cardinal?  Phoenix?

LOL...she told him that she was Baptist! Yup, in Phoenix! how did you know...

boxman

Quote from: albrecht on October 06, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
LOTSA skipping on TuneIn.  :(
At least on mine.
I dont get why people keep using tunein when it has had issues since pretty much day 1. The stream on darkmatter site actually works really well and should work with all platforms.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
What about Primer?  That'll mess you up.
Never seen it but just reading the plot made my head hurt. Bad. Thanks. 😎