• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150921 - Dr. Jeffrey Long - NDEs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 21, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 21, 2015, 11:04:13 PM
This guest has a great voice. Very clear.

He's been good so far. I'm enjoying it. That and the nasty panda bear live cam.

ShayP

Quote from: bateman on September 21, 2015, 11:02:59 PM
I swear to god this panda is being jerked off right now.

Okay...I never heard that before.  ;D

jazmunda

I find the blind NDEs where they experience visual NDEs to be fascinating.

Didn't Art interview someone who was born blind and had an NDE?

Northcoaster

I thought DMT was released into the brain when one is dying, so that caused the experiences.

Spinner

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 10:58:45 PM
Oof.  This commercial with Keith and...the other guy is not good.
There's certainly a lot of room for improvement. And less airtime.

chefist

My mother was a psychiatric nurse at a state mental hospital for 30 years. I have a chilling story I'm saving for G2G this Halloween! Ooooh it's really creepy.

popple

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2015, 10:57:35 PM
Mrs Duke has been a cardiac intensive care nurse for almost forty years.  She has never had a paranormal experience on the job nor ever had a patient who crashed who talked about an NDE.  To her knowledge it's the same story for her medical colleagues.

My mom is a nurse at a care home (25 years) and she told me one night in the hallway she & the other nurse who was on saw a shadowy mist lingering midair and then going up into the ceiling outside of a room. When they went in the room the resident had passed away :o

jazmunda

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 21, 2015, 11:05:28 PM
I thought DMT was released into the brain when one is dying, so that caused the experiences.

I sent that to Art earlier via the wormhole.

AppealPlay

Now there's another panda chilling out on log structure thing.  I'm bookmarking this webcam.

RoseGirl

That's how you see when you are out of body and aware at the same time.

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 11:06:31 PM
My mother was a psychiatric nurse at a state mental hospital for 30 years. I have a chilling story I'm saving for G2G this Halloween! Ooooh it's really creepy.

You tease. Hope you get through.

Hope you get in!

coaster

I have a  blind uncle. Hes been blind since birth. I never thought to ask him if hes had ndes or obes. Hes not doing very good health wise, so I'll make sure to ask him next time I talk to him.

lonevoice

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 11:06:43 PM
My mom is a nurse at a care home (25 years) and she told me one night in the hallway she & the other nurse who was on saw a shadowy mist lingering midair and then going up into the ceiling outside of a room. When they went in the room the resident had passed away :o
That's wild.  I wish you'd call the show tonight and tell Art...besides you have the cutest voice ever and it's fun to hear you talk.  :)

jazmunda

Yes!!! I can't wait for G2G Digital. I have a great story too. I think the phones will be jammed on Halloween.

chefist

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 11:08:23 PM
Hope you get in!

I'm going to call early and keep at it....it still frightens me when I think about it...

maren

Quote from: Weirdoradio on September 21, 2015, 11:02:34 PM
Totally self-indulgent plug but a while back I used to have a metal show on college radio and used Art as a basis for one of my fav show IDs, which you can check out here:

https://soundcloud.com/brianhastie/c2a-art-bell-promo

Figured some of you would get a kick out of it.

Great!  And I guess you're still counting down. :D

Quote from: popple on September 21, 2015, 11:06:43 PM

when my dad died in the ICU and everyone eventually made their exit I refused to leave until the person was there to wheel him away for good. A nurse walked in, saw the machines off etc and stopped. She said "He's gone but he's still here in this room, you might want to take advantage of that" and walked out. When I saw her later on and I was pretty upset she felt that was a way to comfort someone, she insisted she felt a presence and it had only happened a couple other times in all her years there

JamesMcDonald

Art's questions are amazing.  The more I listen to MITD the more I realize how much we've been missing over the years as he's been off the air.  Brings me back to the old days listening on the Interweebs with dial-up.

AppealPlay

Tree panda just yawned and is laying back for a nap.

Alright, I'm done posting panda pictures.  I promise. :D

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 11:10:25 PM
Yes!!! I can't wait for G2G Digital. I have a great story too. I think the phones will be jammed on Halloween.

I'm sure it will be much improved over the DM one...that one was a train wreck...

ShayP

Quote from: ASC on September 21, 2015, 11:10:55 PM
when my dad died in the ICU and everyone eventually made their exit I refused to leave until the person was there to wheel him away for good. A nurse walked in, saw the machines off etc and stopped. She said "He's gone but he's still here in this room, you might want to take advantage of that" and walked out. When I saw her later on and I was pretty upset she felt that was a way to comfort someone, she insisted she felt a presence and it had only happened a couple other times in all her years there

You had a right to be upset.  I'd be pissed.  What kind of authority is she?  Plus, that's not how you handle things regardless.  :-\