• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150915 - Loyd Auerbach - Parapsychology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 15, 2015, 09:47:38 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 15, 2015, 10:36:18 PM
k....not as late as usual....what'd I miss?

:)

Art's Catholic wife is counting her sins after having heard the Pope, after he spoke with aliens, said the end was near.

ArJuna

Quote from: chefist on September 15, 2015, 10:38:24 PM
Dave Ramsey Bakers Street....cool
Isn't that Gerry Rafferty? That song came out when I joined the Navy and was all over the radio when I got out of boot camp.

WhiteCrow

maren

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 15, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Oh yeah, I stopped trying to end my life and cut off all my hair, got on a plane and moved about 500 miles away on a whim. I didn't buy into religion, it mostly confirmed my theories about religion, but who knows maybe I didn't see enough of it to know what was beyond what I experienced, but what I did was realize that relationships maybe all that we think about after we die, we review our relationships and learn where we went wrong or misunderstood others, where we were misunderstood etc. Relationships maybe what it maybe all about. It was weird I immediately had to go live with my dad, cause it was his father that communicated with me, so I had to go find him and help him, I couldn't really explain why, but it was sort of a communication or feeling, etc.

How interesting -- and good that it sounds as though it gave you incentive and purpose.  We kind of wither up without that, and focus too much on ourselves, like the universe revolves around us.  I heard the head of NDE group (forget the official name) who interviewed an atheist NDE-er.  The group head -- Kimberly Clark -- kept pressing the experiencer "didn't it change ANY of your views on life?"  (It was a "pleasant" NDE).  She realized, in hindsight, she was trying to corral the experiencer into her own belief system -- Christianity.  The experiencer finally said "well, yes, I realize it really doesn't matter if people drop by and my house isn't clean".  LOL!  I thought that was a great lesson we could ALL use!  I was frankly surprised that Kimberly Clark, among others, "came back" from an NDE still believing in an organized religion.  Hmmm..  Thanks for the story!  Hope it all turned out well w/Dad.

chefist

Quote from: ArJuna on September 15, 2015, 10:41:39 PM
  Isn't that Gerry Rafferty? That song came out when I joined the Navy and was all over the radio when I got out of boot camp.

sorry just Dave's theme song....

WanagoBleu

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 15, 2015, 10:39:35 PM
My NDE was about 22 years ago. Yeah, it knocked me for a loop, the idea that there was more beyond here, was a kind of humbling experience. Tree of life was great film, it was like a story about NDE maybe, like a collection of those experiences.
I had an OBE that changed my view of life forever. Same thing with a few remarkable meditation experiences. Life/brain/thinking changed forever. So much what you said,"the idea that there was more beyond here...'

Quote from: jazmunda on September 15, 2015, 10:33:53 PM
The first rule of webicide; get the admin password.
That's what I love about Linux Terminal, they have such cool commands. For example Grep, touch, & finger. For example: "Hey, don't finger my box" --> Translation:Don't probe my computer.  lol ;)

Spinner

Quote from: norland2424 on September 15, 2015, 10:42:01 PM
we are all going to be fine  ;D ;D ;D
Oh, okay.
I guess trostol and I will have to continue sending out resumes. :(

maren

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 15, 2015, 10:30:43 PM
You didn't miss too much last night except for Art mentioning Quick Karls' whining, and Art booting the guest and going to open lines for the last hour. The first guest boot for MITD.

Haha!  The guest must have sucked!  Thanks for letting me know -- I won't make it a priority to listen to the show, now. 

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Spinner on September 15, 2015, 10:45:08 PM

Oh, okay.
I'm there with you, still trying to get full time work. Part time with a big 'company' for the past two years. There were three of us at 25 hours each. Now it's just me doing three people's jobs, still in 25 hours. I'm looking for full time still.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 15, 2015, 10:43:50 PM

oh sure make me keep looking lol
Quote from: Spinner on September 15, 2015, 10:45:08 PM

Oh, okay.

mark my words a month and half from now we all be complaing about the crappy non bellgab callers during ghost2ghost

trostol

i think he was gonna say he was a sweet transvestite there for a moment

I'm really enjoying the show tonight (to all you people who whine about my negativity  :P).

maren

Quote from: Spinner on September 15, 2015, 10:21:23 PM

We actually went out and met with people, talked to them in person, danced together, and had a good time.

Like life before the internet!  I remember doing that often -- sounds fun..

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 15, 2015, 10:38:53 PM
Might want to check this out . . . .

http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/dops/careers-page

So what I got was several universities around the world offer the study of parapsychology within the confines of obtaining a degree within accredited areas.  I'm familiar with this.  Back in the 70s as a freshman taking Psych 101 I particiapted in a psych experiment that involved ESP.  Don't see an actually degree is awarded in parapsychology, however.

Caidan was also a well respected non-fiction military (particularly aviation) history.  I first met him at an airshow in northern Ohio where he had flown his JU-52 tri-motor transport to take part in the airshow.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 15, 2015, 10:51:34 PM
I'm really enjoying the show tonight (to all you people who whine about my negativity  :P).
I am too.