• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150904 - Madman Marcum - Time Travel - Live Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 04, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

Bradsmith313

Quote from: lonevoice on September 05, 2015, 12:13:41 AM
Time traveling tonight.  Listening to the show live, reading along about a half hour behind the posts here, was reading page 14 and got knocked out of the forum, finally got back in and page 14 and 15 were gone.  I couldn't find you all...so weird.

Madman Marcum.  I still can't believe we're listening to him live with Art Bell in 2015.  Heather Wade is a goddess.
She is . . . .

Quote from: trostol on September 05, 2015, 12:02:33 AM
Trey and Jaz in 1 night..wow...mind blown
LOL. I didn't get to finish. Would someone ask him if no matter what the truth is, does he realize that journey made a difference?

swordpoint9

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on September 05, 2015, 12:15:22 AM
LOL. I didn't get to finish. Would someone ask him if no matter what the truth is, does he realize that journey made a difference?
If I get through !

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 05, 2015, 12:11:49 AM
hey...great depiction of how the solar system really moves. Thanks.

Yes people tend to forget were pulled along a path set by the sun, that path goes a long ways and through major climate change periods for us, regardless of what we do to the earth!

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on September 05, 2015, 12:09:21 AM
Periscope's a trip, wotr. He talks to you sometimes on the breaks also.   :D
Ha, a quick studio tour.  Cool... ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 05, 2015, 12:16:19 AM
Ah, I see planet X passing through.

I noticed those. There are two of them. What do you suppose they are? Periodic comets?

Quote from: swordpoint9 on September 05, 2015, 12:16:19 AM
If I get through !
Please do! Skype is so easy! I really think he and Art should know that no matter what the truth is, in the long run, this was a famous story of time travel that inspired others!

If I was one of madman's backers at the time, I sure as hell wouldn't want people to know I had any part in allowing him to - to all appearances - vaporize himself, let alone have anyone know I had incriminating video footage of the event.

RoseGirl

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 05, 2015, 12:16:29 AM
Yes people tend to forget were pulled along a path set by the sun, that path goes a long ways and through major climate change periods for us, regardless of what we do to the earth!

so true...I could never understand why people always thought of the solar system like a static record going around and around. So much more alive and dynamic then that.

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 05, 2015, 12:15:22 AM
She is . . . .
Every time I see Karl in your avatar I do a military salute. You should know this!

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 05, 2015, 12:18:30 AM
If I was one of madman's backers at the time, I sure as hell wouldn't want people to know I had any part in allowing him to - to all appearances - vaporize himself, let alone have anyone know I had incriminating video footage of the event.

Good point!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2015, 12:17:23 AM
I noticed those. There are two of them. What do you suppose they are? Periodic comets?

Well, actually, they'd be outside the ecliptic. What are those supposed to represent?

maren

Quote from: WOTR on September 05, 2015, 12:16:45 AM
Ha, a quick studio tour.  Cool... ;D

He needs the wormhole messages closer.  Orr maybe that would be distracting.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2015, 12:17:23 AM

Oh, maybe.  I was wondering why it seemed to veer off at the end; maybe it was coming back around the Sun.  I'm not sure why it would come in from that angle though.  Is the Oort cloud spherical?

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2015, 12:19:36 AM
Well, actually, they'd be outside the ecliptic. What are those supposed to represent?

comets, I would think.

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 05, 2015, 12:18:52 AM
so true...I could never understand why people always thought of the solar system like a static record going around and around. So much more alive and dynamic then that.

Yes in school they made it appear so static, almost like a flat earth, but a flat system where planets maybe shown to move while the sun maybe shown to sit still, of course it maybe wrong, but it must have been hard to make one that showed how it really worked when I was a kid.

Spinner

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 05, 2015, 12:13:11 AM
I wonder if the people watching this thought they could be hit with a manslaughter or murder charge?
A la Travis Walton?