• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150902 - Peter Davenport - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 02, 2015, 09:58:19 PM

albrecht

Quote from: scottydawg on September 03, 2015, 08:41:32 AM
Sorry folks, I was on patrol last night so I couldn't get on here. Nice way of him to dodge the questions, 1. if Clinton was in Florida, why the hell was Air Force One in Arizona? 2. How the hell can he not remember that the A-10 and the pilot were found? Even I remember the story from CNN way back then! Peter must be loosing a lot of marbles to keep spreading the crap that the plane and the pilot just vanished! Sure it's more dramatic to pretend the Aliens got him. Peter can last about an hour at his age, but after that I think his brain was having that, "Old Guy see's Conspiracies Everywhere!" That doom and gloom their all out to get us crap belongs on C2C not on MITD.
Also it's kinda sad Art now is doing that "Alan Greenspan is warning us, BUY GOLD NOW!" commercial. what's next he'll be interviewing Ty Bollinger? :o :(
I don't know much about the other stuff about the claim that DefCon3 levels caused his injury, but the Clinton incident was well documented and lots of people made fun of it at the time (if he and "the Shark" had drank too much wine etc.)
http://articles.latimes.com/1997-03-15/news/mn-38524_1_knee-surgery
Here is one guy's theory:
http://rense.com/ufo/clintonlights.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_D._Button His remains were apparently found and some of the plane but the 4 Mk-82 bombs have never been found.
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/25/us/airman-s-flight-to-his-death-is-laid-to-mental-anguish.html

Re: ads? You take what you can get. Tons of shows, even on tv, have ads for gold. And, heck, buying gold is probably better for you than buying Cokes and other stuff advertised everywhere.

TigerLily

Also it's kinda sad Art now is doing that "Alan Greenspan is warning us, BUY GOLD NOW!" commercial. what's next he'll be interviewing Ty Bollinger? :o :(

Please. No complaints about commercials.  We want Art happy and solvent!
Btw too early to start thinking about Time Traveller subscriptions for the holidays?

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 02, 2015, 11:25:33 PM
Led Zeppelin.  A must. 

I second that. Zep, through a set of sennheiser's with the quality of the stream Art is broadcasting - PRICELESS !

Quote from: trostol on September 02, 2015, 11:26:23 PM
interesting..would love to hear it but trying to think ones that would fit for the show over all lol

Easy - "Good Times Bad Times" - Perfect or "Kashmir"- Lyrics mention the 'yellow desert stream' plus Jimmy is a "traveler of both time and space" DUDES - HE"S A TIME TRAVELER ! ! !

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 02, 2015, 11:37:18 PM
It was either Fife's father or uncle who was, ironically, the first secretary of the Air Forece when it broke away from the US Army in 1947.  Fife was a USAF pilot himself I've heard.

Possible Bonesman [went to YALE] - looks like Walter Kronkite

Quote from: trostol on September 02, 2015, 11:43:31 PM
i like your thinking...radio station here every night had a segment called Get the Led Out...3 songs in a row by them..keep trying to get them to play Achilles Last Stand

That wouldn't have been 105.7 WAPL would it ?

Quote from: AvDaBr on September 03, 2015, 12:30:31 AM
Did the end of the Cold War cause global warming?

That's the most rational explanation I've ever heard - LOL - Gore is an Idiot

Juan Cena

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 03, 2015, 12:56:11 AM
+1. Those gals are nuts.

Imagine Phyllis calling into the Other Side of Midnight. The interaction with RCH would be epic!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 03, 2015, 12:56:13 AM
Hologram technology has been around for a very long time.  I've always wondered how far it's actually been developed and how it may be used in this day and age. 8)
True
Review the footage of what looks like aircraft hitting the twin towers.(Timed explosives were planted in those buildings to give the illusion of an impact.) That episode was also the first large scale test of space - based D.E.W.

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 03, 2015, 02:55:45 PM
Imagine Phyllis calling into the Other Side of Midnight. The interaction with RCH would be epic!

LoL

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on September 03, 2015, 03:02:10 AM
so disappointed I fell asleep and missed most of the show.  :(
Time Traveler it. It was a great show. I love Davenport and having him on for a full show was nice, it wasn't just "very interesting" reports but got into a lot of stuff. Some of Peter's current beliefs/ideas surprised Art (and me) even. I like his idea of passive radar for UFO detection, though at times it almost seemed that Peter was ready to "throw in the towel" and just "let's put up this system and solve this thing once and for all and they will stop calling me!!" The idea is bandied about in defense circles also because it is hard to detect and, supposedly, could catch "stealth" stuff also.
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/feature/108571/stealth%2C-passive-radar-and-us-airpower.html

AppealPlay

Great show last night with Peter Davenport.  Super excited to have a cryptozoology show tonight.  Art Bel!

Chronaut

Quote from: albrecht on September 03, 2015, 03:19:23 PM
I like his idea of passive radar for UFO detection, though at times it almost seemed that Peter was ready to "throw in the towel" and just "let's put up this system and solve this thing once and for all and they will stop calling me!!" The idea is bandied about in defense circles also because it is hard to detect and, supposedly, could catch "stealth" stuff also.
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/feature/108571/stealth%2C-passive-radar-and-us-airpower.html

The link to the full article is broken at that site, but I found a free online copy here...and it's a fascinating read:

"Radar versus Stealth: Passive Radar and the Future of U.S. Military Power," (pages 136-143; core section starts on 139)

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jfq/jfq-55.pdf

It's true:  passive radar systems defeat stealth technology.  It's also apprarently low-cost, extremely versatile, and undetectable.  Using passive radar gives two means of velocity estimation; signal tracking and Doppler shift.  It can also determine the size of an object, and apparently may even be able to create a contour profile(!).

We need to get on this - if there had been even *one* passive radar system in Phoenix, we'd know for a fact if it was a solid object, how fast it was moving, how big it was, and possibly even its shape.  Ideally we could work with a national organization (MUFON?) to start installing passive radar systems in every city in the country - it seems that they can run on standard off-the-shelf computers - and set up a national network that could track objects from coast to coast.  If Art put one up in Pahrump, we could know the performance characteristics of every aerial object coming and going from the Nevada Test and Training Range.  But he might want to be quiet about it...I don't think they'd like that very much =)

It would also be a boon for national security - we'd be able to track any object in American airspace.  A trained operator may have even detected the unusual flight path of the airliners approaching Washington and NYC on 9/11.

Imagine if we had a website showing all of the air traffic over the country in real time, with supersonic objects high-lighted with red tracks, and a permanent database of all the trajectories and both forms of speed estimates, with approximate size and contour.

Where the hell can I get one of these things?  I live on the top floor of a tall building near the center of my city; I could cover my entire urban area by putting one of these dishes on the roof  8)

Chronaut

This guy made a DIY passive-radar system for fun and explains how to do it for cheap:
http://hackaday.com/2015/06/05/building-your-own-sdr-based-passive-radar-on-a-shoestring/

We'd probably need to create a fine-tuned standardized plug-and-play system if we want to build a national network, but if someone can flesh out a great prototype that uses the stable digital television and AM/FM radio frequencies, we'd be in business...

Auslandia

Pretty cool.  Would need to report data to a central database though.  It could be like the seti at home thing.

albrecht

Quote from: Chronaut on September 03, 2015, 05:35:39 PM
The link to the full article is broken at that site, but I found a free online copy here...and it's a fascinating read:

"Radar versus Stealth: Passive Radar and the Future of U.S. Military Power," (pages 136-143; core section starts on 139)

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jfq/jfq-55.pdf

It's true:  passive radar systems defeat stealth technology.  It's also apprarently low-cost, extremely versatile, and undetectable.  Using passive radar gives two means of velocity estimation; signal tracking and Doppler shift.  It can also determine the size of an object, and apparently may even be able to create a contour profile(!).

We need to get on this - if there had been even *one* passive radar system in Phoenix, we'd know for a fact if it was a solid object, how fast it was moving, how big it was, and possibly even its shape.  Ideally we could work with a national organization (MUFON?) to start installing passive radar systems in every city in the country - it seems that they can run on standard off-the-shelf computers - and set up a national network that could track objects from coast to coast.  If Art put one up in Pahrump, we could know the performance characteristics of every aerial object coming and going from the Nevada Test and Training Range.  But he might want to be quiet about it...I don't think they'd like that very much =)

It would also be a boon for national security - we'd be able to track any object in American airspace.  A trained operator may have even detected the unusual flight path of the airliners approaching Washington and NYC on 9/11.

Imagine if we had a website showing all of the air traffic over the country in real time, with supersonic objects high-lighted with red tracks, and a permanent database of all the trajectories and both forms of speed estimates, with approximate size and contour.

Where the hell can I get one of these things?  I live on the top floor of a tall building near the center of my city; I could cover my entire urban area by putting one of these dishes on the roof  8)
I'm not very technical but appreciate those who are. Someone should start a threat about the Passive-Radar Project and maybe we can get something like this going? Or at least call attention to it?

Uncle Duke

Sorry folks, I was on patrol last night so I couldn't get on here. Nice way of him to dodge the questions, 1. if Clinton was in Florida, why the hell was Air Force One in Arizona? 2. How the hell can he not remember that the A-10 and the pilot were found? Even I remember the story from CNN way back then! Peter must be loosing a lot of marbles to keep spreading the crap that the plane and the pilot just vanished! Sure it's more dramatic to pretend the Aliens got him. Peter can last about an hour at his age, but after that I think his brain was having that, "Old Guy see's Conspiracies Everywhere!" That doom and gloom their all out to get us crap belongs on C2C not on MITD.

Great post.  Yeah, I'm a big Peter Davenport/NUFORC supporter, both figuratively and financially, but I'm disappointed Peter doesn't see he's become part of the ufology infighting and credibility issues he and Art bemoaned.  The Phoenix Lights case is one of the best in the history of the field, huge object(s) seen by thousands over wide areas and a case where the USAF made themselves look silly with their denials, then eventual A-10 flares story.  This case resolutely stands on its own merits, yet Peter can't leave well enough alone.  He feels compelled to put his own spin on things by trying to tie in a series of unrelated events, some true, some not, to a case that needs no hype.  DEFCON 3?  Didn't happen, I know this for a fact and have told Peter this.  President Clinton injuried while on the estate of pro golfer Greg Norman?  Yes, this is well documented, but probably has more to do with Clinton's own admission of a misstep in the dark than some fanciful tale of PotUS being manhandled to safety by Secret Service agents during a perceived alien invasion.  A-10 went missing in the general area, plane or pilot never heard from again?  Yes, a USAF pilot beset with personal issues committed suicide by flying his a/c into a mountain.....three weeks after the Phoenix Lights sightings.  He and his a/c never found?  Wrong, the mishap site and pilot's remains were found about three weeks after he crashed.  Peter's source for at least part of his story?  Someone who is alleged to have spoken to some USAF general officer, no names given of course.

I have great respect for Peter, he works tirelessly maintaining perhaps the finest UFO reporting organization anywhere, mostly out of hide except for the relatively few of us who send him a couple bucks now and again.  Peter should do what Peter does best, document sightings reported to NUFORC and provide a world class data base of same for those interested.  Leave the crazy conspiracy theories to those for whom that is stock in trade.

Chronaut

Quote from: albrecht on September 03, 2015, 09:55:46 PM
I'm not very technical but appreciate those who are. Someone should start a threat about the Passive-Radar Project and maybe we can get something like this going? Or at least call attention to it?
This is an excellent suggestion.  There are a lot of science & tech-minded folks around here - I'm sure that with the right minds mulling over the challenges of creating a national civilian system like this, we could cut the implementation costs way down from Peter's original estimate.  Heck, if someone could provide the software, I'd be happy to build the hardware for an array covering my city - and I'm sure there are many others who'd feel the same way.

Because if we could build this system and upload the data to a centralized website, we'd have an open public first-alert system for everything from "fast walkers" to meteors to stealth aircraft movements to missile and terrorist attacks.  You could even track the flights of people you know as they fly across the country.  You could probably even track tornadoes in real time.

Peter mentioned that he's written articles about such a system.  I'll see if I can track them down, so we have a basis for discussion to move forward with a thread on this, and then we can invite Peter to talk about it here at BellGab.  If we'd had a system like this in place when the Phoenix lights happened, we'd have hard data on the size, approximate shape, trajectory, and velocities of that thing.  A civilian passive radar system could crack ufology wide open.

albrecht

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/old-nuclear-missile-silo-now-houses-ufo-research-center/
Harrington, WA is fairly close and south of Davenport, WA and not that far away from Spokane and the famous Davenport Hotel. I always wondered if any connections between either of them and Peter Davenport, though I know Davenport is a fairly common name.

ps: I really liked his idea of a passive radar system, I hope some techies get working on that, maybe using linked personal computers in different regions of the country?