• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150824 - Dean Radin - Live Show Chat

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 24, 2015, 07:47:48 PM

Hautex

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 24, 2015, 11:14:05 PM
Yes. Very interesting experience. Joe McMontoeagle (spelled wrong) was on site & and a guest lecturer. Hours spent listening to HemiSynch with detailed mental objectives.
Mark my words ( as grandma used to say) brain entrainment will soon become a major topic with big breakthroughs...

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on August 24, 2015, 11:11:05 PM
No there were no reals graphics or movement and the screen was only as big as the old "portable" tvs like 6x6 inch, or less screen. I think a BASIC program where you plugged in some info and it gave you a graph of some sort out. Greenish screen and the computer was deeper than tall, if you recall. Bizarre memory...not sure if it was true even now!

That sounds even older than my old TRS-80!   ???

chefist

Are you all going to make me say it? ok, ultimate yoga......auto-fellatio...  8)

sorry, cheap laughs...or not... ;)

RoseGirl

sheesh...why does everyone listen to these guys about this and not me? I've experienced it.

SciFiAuthor

Art might be getting bored: "Dr. Dean Radin . . . I guess"

Spinner

Yes. Very interesting experience. Joe McMontoeagle (spelled wrong) was on site & and a guest lecturer. Hours spent listening to HemiSynch with detailed mental objectives.
What exactly does HemiSynch does for a person?
I think I have some recording, but have never listened to it. 

Robert

Quote from: Robert on August 24, 2015, 11:15:41 PMFor a good review on micro-PK & related subjects, see The Trickster and the Paranormal by George P. Hansen.  He's a magician too
...and I think he'd be a great guest for MITD to have on often.

trostol

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 24, 2015, 11:17:46 PM
sheesh...why does everyone listen to these guys about this and not me? I've experienced it.

if it makes ya feel better..i sorta tuned him out

WanagoBleu

Quote from: ManiacMatt on August 24, 2015, 11:10:41 PM
My super power is that I can do amazing things when nobody is watching.  It's impossible for me to demonstrate it to anyone.
LOL 😁

Pumamama

Well, that's what I seek. Very interesting experiences. Thanks. McMoneagle is the real deal. 

Robert

Quote from: Hautex on August 24, 2015, 11:16:11 PMMark my words ( as grandma used to say) brain entrainment will soon become a major topic with big breakthroughs...
They're overdue.  I was introduced to "brain machines" in the late 1980s.

Desertclam

Quote from: Robert on August 24, 2015, 11:20:16 PM
They're overdue.  I was introduced to "brain machines" in the late 1980s.

i've enjoyed some cool meditative states using a Novapro 100

RoseGirl

Samadhi is a marker point, not an end stage...it's a beginning

Noorynoid

Quote from: trostol on August 24, 2015, 11:18:28 PM

I took off my rooster suit and rolled a bomber, poured a glass of cheap whiskey, things are getting better minute by minute

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 24, 2015, 10:50:28 PM
Radin's a weird one BTW. He holds fully valid electrical engineering degrees, really smart dude, but tries to apply that to parapsychology. It's a step up from Hoagland, but not quite solid science.

History has provided us with examples of "solid science" that evolved out of questionable theories--yes...even parapsychology.  For example, Hans Berger's discovery of the Electroencephalogram (EEG)--a major scientific development--began as research into telepathy and the search for "psychic energy."

His central theme became “the search for the correlation between objective activity in the brain and subjective psychic phenomena”.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Berger

Thankfully Berger wasn't deterred by his numerous critics who considered him "weird."

Juan Cena

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 24, 2015, 11:15:42 PM
you can only tell it is working when the powers begin

I would take it that these "powers" being discussed are more about being in communion with the physical forces that actual control over them?

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on August 24, 2015, 11:18:28 PM

Me too.  He kinda reminds me of the professor guy from the Simpsons.  Flavin!

ManiacMatt

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 24, 2015, 11:17:46 PM

Probably because it's mostly boring stuff.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 24, 2015, 11:15:55 PM
Any1 who belevez they can meditate to the same state az peyote or DMT can take u to IZ A CHILD MENTALLY.  SpaceTime with terrance mckenna iz GREAT MUSIC
meditation states & altered states are different....each is its own

RoseGirl

he's never experienced Samadhi...he can only describe it from what he's read

Hautex

Quote from: Spinner on August 24, 2015, 11:18:19 PM

What exactly does HemiSynch does for a person?
I think I have some recording, but have never listened to it.
My understanding is that the tech came from doctors studying what frequencies a brain produced in reaction to various stimuli. Then reversing it to cause the intended state...

sydtron

Quote from: albrecht on August 24, 2015, 11:11:05 PM
No there were no reals graphics or movement and the screen was only as big as the old "portable" tvs like 6x6 inch, or less screen. I think a BASIC program where you plugged in some info and it gave you a graph of some sort out. Greenish screen and the computer was deeper than tall, if you recall. Bizarre memory...not sure if it was true even now!

My dad brought home a portable Compaq computer from work and we played Monopoly on it.  It was exactly as you described. SO NO you aren't imagining things!

Noorynoid

Quote from: ManiacMatt on August 24, 2015, 11:22:54 PM
Probably because it's mostly boring stuff.

I believe, that quite possibly, you are correct. But what would I know? I don't even own a magic toaster.

Robert

Hey, Art, the existence of one spooky thing doesn't imply the reality of all others!

Pumamama

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on August 24, 2015, 11:22:36 PM
History has provided us with examples of "solid science" that evolved out of questionable theories--yes...even parapsychology.  For example, Hans Berger's discovery of the Electroencephalogram (EEG)--a major scientific development--began as research into telepathy and the search for "psychic energy."

His central theme became “the search for the correlation between objective activity in the brain and subjective psychic phenomena”.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Berger

Thankfully Berger wasn't deterred by his numerous critics who considered him "weird."

Thanks for that bit o history! On this topic, I always remember ol Isaac Newton, Astrologer & Alchemist Extraordinaire,  who had a little hobby on the side that became Newtonian physics.

Herbn-Legend

Mushroomz take u to the creator of the universe, DMT take in2 chamberz or roomz inside creation. Hav u seen wat life iz realy all about? Search 4 the truth no matter wat u beleve TRUTH wil set u free.😎