• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150813 - Blanche Barton, Church of Satan - Live Show Chat

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 13, 2015, 07:42:03 PM

Wednesday

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to try to get my friend from SF (now in Grass Valley, CA) to call in. He knows Blanche. I'll only say his name is Ron. He's a native San Franciscan and has some knowledge of the whole LaVey scene.

maren

Quote from: Faustina on August 13, 2015, 10:11:04 PM
I will humbly take credit for this:  I complained the loudest.  I specifically asked that Andrew be rescheduled soon or I was calling bullshit on the "hum on the Skype line" excuse.  Looks like it was valid, after all.

Sounds like more a threat than a complaint.   :)

AppealPlay

Quote from: Pumamama on August 13, 2015, 10:12:45 PM
*If* one could be found.

Ohhhhhhhh, they exist.  They're very much real.

The LaVey crowd don't really believe in Satan as a real being, you know?  They have this abstract idea of mythology but they don't truly believe in the entity.

psycheinaboat

Did any else read Go Ask Alice way back when?  Jay's Journal was by the same author, but included satanistic themes.

eddie dean

who'da thought a Satanist would be so positive and rational

ShayP

Quote from: Pumamama on August 13, 2015, 10:09:55 PM
Surprised to hear the satanist is a gal. Not surprised to hear she was that guy's squeeze.

I wonder if they wrote love poems to each other.  ;D

Seriously though....I haven't come across a lot of satanists, but the majority I have encountered were women.  Plus I'm not even sure they were true satanists or going through a phase.  ;)  Nonetheless....

Herbn-Legend

alOoOoOoOhaz earthlingz😎 cowz r sacred ther poo groz 🍄🙅🍄

psycheinaboat

Wiliam Blake did the whole satan=misfit outsider way before Lavey.

But, dang this chick kinda has me nodding in agreement.  Maybe I am a satanist hedon!?

Robert

I met Anton LaVey once, but it was in somewhat of a crowd.  He was among us in the audience at a presentation about Satanic Panic, a book about the scare about Satanic ritual abuse.

Art sounds bored already. Although he did pipe up when she mentioned magic. I think he didn't do much research and is disappointed.

Pumamama

Quote from: psycheinaboat on August 13, 2015, 10:13:39 PM
Did any else read Go Ask Alice way back when?  Jay's Journal was by the same author, but included satanistic themes.

Very interesting. Thanks! Will check out Jay's Journal.

AppealPlay

I'm still hoping Michael Aquino is rescheduled.  That dude is creepy.

ShayP

lonevoice

Quote from: chefist on August 13, 2015, 10:09:12 PM
Hi Lone! You are no relation to tonight's guest are you? ;-)
Haha...no.  I did know a lady who was a high priestess in the Church of Satan.  When she got bored with that she became a high priestess in The Partridge Family Temple; yes, that Partridge family. 

eddie dean

Quote from: psycheinaboat on August 13, 2015, 10:15:58 PM

But, dang this chick kinda has me nodding in agreement.  Maybe I am a satanist hedon!?

I was just thinking the same.

Pumamama

"We don't build our religion on sand." - a satanisty gal

LOL  :o

Designx

Considering everything Satan represents would you believe a follower to be truly honest about what he/she believes in? Lying and deceit are the foundation of the Christian view of Satan.