• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150812 - Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 12, 2015, 09:56:13 PM

maren

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 12, 2015, 10:10:44 PM
Good morning folks,

I would like to start off tonight with an apology. It has come to my attention over the course of my activity here that several of you actually believe I am the actor Kevin Sorbo. Sadly, this is not the case. I am simply a parody account. I've creeped BellGab occasionally since 2011 when I started listening to Coast archives. I considered registering when Dark Matter began on Sirius, but due to time constraints never got around to it. Now that Art is back and I have the time available to listen to him every night, I registered in order to post in the live discussion threads. I thought the username would be funny based on the Alongside Night commercial. If you haven't noticed yet, my avatar is a photo of Sorbo alongside the night sky. I never planned to address whether or not I really was Sorbo, as I thought it would be obvious once I began actively posting that I am not. However, since I have been receiving several personal messages asking me questions, telling me how much my work is enjoyed and asking for autographs -- I thought I should state that I am not actually Sorbo. I really don't know much about the guy. I know he was Hercules and from what I've gathered from the insults thrown at me here I'm guessing he's a Christian Republican. That's about it.

Anyway, that's that for the few of you who actually care.

Time to take a ride.

Thanks for clarifying.  So are you our new JC?   :D  Parody away, my friend.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: coaster on August 12, 2015, 10:11:03 PM
Yeah, ok. You got me there. That would have been a pretty funny story.

He also claims that he went to Mars with Obama!  Haha, extreme nutter.  I don't know if I'm disappointed or glad that he's not on tonight. 

Northcoaster

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 12, 2015, 10:10:44 PM
Good morning folks,

I would like to start off tonight with an apology. It has come to my attention over the course of my activity here that several of you actually believe I am the actor Kevin Sorbo. Sadly, this is not the case. I am simply a parody account. I've creeped BellGab occasionally since 2011 when I started listening to Coast archives. I considered registering when Dark Matter began on Sirius, but due to time constraints never got around to it. Now that Art is back and I have the time available to listen to him every night, I registered in order to post in the live discussion threads. I thought the username would be funny based on the Alongside Night commercial. If you haven't noticed yet, my avatar is a photo of Sorbo alongside the night sky. I never planned to address whether or not I really was Sorbo, as I thought it would be obvious once I began actively posting that I am not. However, since I have been receiving several personal messages asking me questions, telling me how much my work is enjoyed and asking for autographs -- I thought I should state that I am not actually Sorbo. I really don't know much about the guy. I know he was Hercules and from what I've gathered from the insults thrown at me here I'm guessing he's a Christian Republican. That's about it.

Anyway, that's that for the few of you who actually care.

Time to take a ride.

That's what the real Kevin Sorbo would say to take the attention away from him.

CampsieNP

Quote from: ManiacMatt on August 12, 2015, 10:16:07 PM
He also claims that he when to Mars with Obama!  Haha, extreme nutter.  I don't know if I'm disappointed or glad that he's not on tonight.

oh my,,that guy!! awww,,,,now I AM disappointed.

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: maren on August 12, 2015, 10:15:33 PM
Thanks for clarifying.  So are you our new JC?   :D  Parody away, my friend.

HOW DAAAAAAAARE YOU!

Speaking of JC, where has he been? Has he gotten through on MITD yet?

LESTAT1900

NEW TALKING ART BELL PODCAST...R.I.P. ANNE STREIBER. TALKING THE SHOWS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKoHGkvn88

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: zeebo on August 12, 2015, 10:12:49 PM
I was kind of curious, but really the only thing I cared about was that you were annoying ChandlersDad.    ;D

Bantering with that guy was hilarious. Unfortunately, I think he has blocked me.

zeebo

Quote from: CampsieNP on August 12, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

Dude is far out, I'm bummed too.

DangerDog

8) Hey you. Yeah you. You're a guy? I'm a guy. You have XY chromosomes? I have XY chromosomes. You like action movies? I like action movies. You dress up in a clown costume and scare old people? I dress up in a clown costume and scare old- Hey wait a minute here... This ad has gone off the rails a little, hasn't it. EAST OF THE ROCKIES! Whatever. . .

castromiller

Now this Whitley Strieber commercial is just sad!  I really feel for the guy.  I would be devastated. 

Pumamama

Quote from: Dr_Blue on August 12, 2015, 10:15:03 PM
Quote from: CampsieNP on August 12, 2015, 10:10:59 PM
Art keeps talking about this September Surprise. Has anyone else heard this? Until Art mentioned it, I have not heard this.
There has been some talk that the economy will tank based on some predictions from Lindsey Williams sp?
The story as I understand it, between September 15 - 24 or so, there will the following:
1. US military occupation of several western states. Or just Texas.
2. Impact by comet/asteroid/death star which NASA et all know about but aren't telling anyone
3. Collapse of economy (whatever that actually means)
4. Coronal mass ejection
5. Unspecified grid down sit.

Enjoy!

SnapT

Quote from: CampsieNP on August 12, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

The great thing is, the way he explains things, you almost BELIEVE that he went to Mars with young Barack Obama!

And he's got a few witnesses that have backed him up in interviews, including the granddaughter (I think) of a former president...

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: CampsieNP on August 12, 2015, 10:10:59 PM
Art keeps talking about this September Surprise. Has anyone else heard this? Until Art mentioned it, I have not heard this.

Yes, I posted about this here after a friend of mine moved to Eastern Washington in preparation for what he referred to as an economic meltdown next month (Sept) and alluded to a possible subsequent martial law..

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7497.msg423407.html#msg423407

zeebo

Quote from: DangerDog on August 12, 2015, 10:18:15 PM
8) Hey you. Yeah you. You're a guy? I'm a guy. You have XY chromosomes? I have XY chromosomes. You like action movies? I like action movies. You dress up in a clown costume and scare old people? I dress up in a clown costume and scare old- Hey wait a minute here... This ad has gone off the rails a little, hasn't it. EAST OF THE ROCKIES! Whatever. . .

Haha, good one.  Yeah that guy's too much.  Can you imagine a female version of that?  The p.c. troops would bring it down with an instant twitter boycott.

maren

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 12, 2015, 10:17:02 PM
HOW DAAAAAAAARE YOU!

Speaking of JC, where has he been? Has he gotten through on MITD yet?

No!  He's been silent on his FB page since July 14.  I'm HEARTBROKEN!

eddie dean

Quote from: Faustina on August 12, 2015, 10:10:25 PM
(Never heard about a hum on a Skype line, just for starters).

Oh it happens. nothing fishy about a shitty headset/mic with a ground loop hum.

albrecht

Quote from: eddie dean on August 12, 2015, 10:07:28 PM
Welcome to the frustrating world of broadcasting with Skype!
Can't they use a landline? Get a friggin room at a Motel 6 or a cheap hotel for a few bucks if they don't have a landline at their home, go to a neighbor, visit your parents and ask to use their phone (they will be happy to see you even.) There still are land-lines and the sound quality is good. You have time to plan, guests (and network.)

trostol

Quote from: Pumamama on August 12, 2015, 10:18:43 PM
The story as I understand it, between September 15 - 24 or so, there will the following:
1. US military occupation of several western states. Or just Texas.
2. Impact by comet/asteroid/death star which NASA et all know about but aren't telling anyone
3. Collapse of economy (whatever that actually means)
4. Coronal mass ejection
5. Unspecified grid down sit.

Enjoy!

also isnt there a "blood moon"?

castromiller

Quote from: alienated on August 12, 2015, 10:20:00 PM
Is this for real?   ;D

I'd vote for him....couldn't be any crazier than Trump.

CampsieNP

Quote from: SnapT on August 12, 2015, 10:18:44 PM
The great thing is, the way he explains things, you almost BELIEVE that he went to Mars with young Barack Obama!

And he's got a few witnesses that have backed him up in interviews, including the granddaughter (I think) of a former president...

Right. You hear what he is saying about Obama being on Mars, and you start to buy in. The show ends, and when the spinning ride stops, you think,,,,WTF???

AppealPlay

zeebo

Quote from: SnapT on August 12, 2015, 10:20:48 PM
100% serious, as far as I know.

I remember him mentioning some time ago he was thinking about it, guess it's a go.  Doesn't he claim he knew Obama would be elected back when they 'trained' together?  Maybe he knows something.