• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150811 - Seth Shostak, SETI - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

Freyja

hehee...Art is playing the Greer clip to Shostak!!....this should be more than good!!!!!!

slippingaway

ohhh this is gonna be good, wanna hear seth's reaction!!!

AppealPlay

QuoteI was one of his favorite guests

How does one say that without being an insufferable ass?  Yuck!

"A few years ago there was a show called Coast to Coast..."- The only vaguely factual thing Greer has ever said.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 11, 2015, 10:45:13 PM
Read the book.....
As with most "movies" though I do have a special place in my heart for the oft-criticized movie "Where The Buffalo Roam" mash-up of Hunter's stuff.

henge0stone

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 11, 2015, 10:47:18 PM
"A few years ago there was a show called Coast to Coast..."- The only vaguely factual thing Greer has ever said.

lol here it comes  ;D Greer clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Spinner

Can't wait to hear Seth's reaction to Steven Greer's comments.

AppealPlay

The thing that gets to me about that statement (aside from the ridiculous "favorite guest" nonsense) is that he's making claims about a dead man who obviously can't refute him.

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 11, 2015, 10:42:56 PM
I just got a private message here saying "Don't feed the fool", referring to you.

Good advice. Buh bye. I have no more energy to give you.

I just got a PM that said "don't argue with Bill from West Hartford."

Juan Cena

Quote from: Freyja on August 11, 2015, 10:41:04 PM
So this "Wow" signal was back in 1977. Sounds like Art is setting Shostak up for the bomb question about what Greer said that SETI hid.

This should be good!!!

Bomb dropped.

starrmtn001

I got it!  Michio Kaku!  He sounds like Michio Kaku!

Arctic Chunga, has healing properties and makes you a dope DJ with 1337 Ghost Hunting Skillz.

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 11, 2015, 10:49:18 PM
Arctic Chunga, has healing properties and makes you a dope DJ with 1337 Ghost Hunting Skillz.
Chunga looks like he was a founding member of North Korea too.

Lilith

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 11, 2015, 10:47:18 PM

Yeah, he should have stopped after the word "show"  lol's

Robert

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 11, 2015, 10:45:27 PMIt sounded like that's what he was saying.  I thought it was just a natural immune reaction after building antibodies to the first Rh+ fetus *shrug*
Foolish Earthlings, think you can maintain your foothold with RhoGam?  You will still be powerless against our popular music assault!

PrairieGhost

Seth doesn't sound so sure right now. I think it's possible he's pulling something out.

Eugene M Rosa

Seth is such an amazingly arrogant scumbag. NO SETH YOU FLAMING DBAG YOU WOULDNT COME OUT AND TELL THE WORLD YOU STUPID F&*k. So now Shostak is calling Greer a flat out liar.....this should be good....two world class liars calling each others liars........I believe that is a paradox.

AppealPlay

Uhh...apparently Frank Drake is still alive.  Apologies to him.  :-[