• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150805 - Flat Earth Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

mortalwombat

there are rocket launch videos available online, with one continuous shot from take-off to orbit, etc. and you can clearly see the earth's curvature once the rocket is up there.
any kind of comeback that John would have to that, would beg the (rhetorical) question... smarter than a 5th grader?

SaucyRossy

John has never looked through a telescope and looked at the moons terminator line.

Robert

The geometric model is approximately the same as laid out in Martin Gardner's chapter on flat Earthers & Zion, Ill.

It's fun sometimes to construct alternate models of things in physics & other sciences that you know will ultimately run into contradictions, but you try to see how far you can take it & how little you can kludge it to make things fit.  See for instance the theory of darkons (quanta of negative energy, opposite of photons).

Xitheron

Quote from: PrairieGhost on August 05, 2015, 10:54:33 PM
How can some of you not like this? This is train wreck radio gold!

Well as "out there" on the fringe of the fringe as this show is, we're talking about it..  We're on track to have over 60 pages of comments here, which hasn't happened since the Graham Hancock show

This kid is just being a prick to entertain himself. We are losing the professor, so what will happen now? Just arguing with John?

ItsOver

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 05, 2015, 10:51:10 PM
My question is...

If the Earth is flat like a pancake, does that make Mrs Butterworth God?
Damn, all this flat stuff is making me hungry for pancakes.  Happy pancakes.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Étouffée on August 05, 2015, 10:48:50 PM
I blame Stanley Kubrick.

Exactly!  And pronounced "Coo-Brick", not "Cue-Brick"!   ;)

sydtron

This professor sounds juat like Alan Arkin!!!!!

Now hes laughing. God bless this show! !!  I wish Art would do a periscope so we could see him pick up a half bottle of bourbon. Look at it. And then smash it on the floor. Lol

Lt.Uhura

For some strange reason I'm craving pancakes!

Edit:  haha ItsOver!  Me too!

b_dubb

Russia is much larger than Canada. More than twice the size. It's a greater than less than thing.

nextgen.fm

my brain gets flatter with each passing minute

castromiller

Next up:  Michio Kaku will debate a man yelling at a light post in front of an abandoned Burger King.

It is painful to listen to this buffoon. I can't tell if it's an act or he is a nut with some crackpot religious belief. But enough already, it's bad radio.

Quote from: Robert on August 05, 2015, 10:56:12 PM
The geometric model is approximately the same as laid out in Martin Gardner's chapter on flat Earthers & Zion, Ill.

It's fun sometimes to construct alternate models of things in physics & other sciences that you know will ultimately run into contradictions, but you try to see how far you can take it & how little you can kludge it to make things fit.  See for instance the theory of darkons (quanta of negative energy, opposite of photons).

Gardner debunk 90% of all the late night talk stuff we hear today by the early sixties

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 05, 2015, 10:56:06 PM
John has never looked through a telescope and looked at the moons terminator line.

He could just send a GoPro up in a weather balloon, like civilians all over the world are doing now.

https://youtu.be/9CjjbauSvBE

Marc.Knight

The flat earth guy is just having fun.  I am surprised the doctor is taking him seriously.

Jocko Johnson

If a train going to LA from NYC travels at 120mph, has 3000 miles to go...what magazines and newspapers  are they selling at the train station?

Northcoaster

I'm a proponent of the Pretzel-Earth theory. And the Sun is made of cheese dipping sauce.

Quote from: popple on August 05, 2015, 10:51:41 PM
Don't send your kids to grade 1. It's full of globe propaganda.

Full of a bunch of other propaganda though.....Hitler youth as inspiration of course, but that's another show....he sounds like a Solipsist at this point. He seems stuck with Canada inside of Russia....are Canadians secretly Russian agents? I know I just made a slight insult.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 05, 2015, 10:55:23 PM
The Aussies are underneath holding on to the roots from the flat top for dear life. Jazzmunda...help us please.

Oh they're underneath?  If we all jump up and down can we wake up his kid?

nextgen.fm

"Wildest dreams"!!!!

I first heard it from Art!

rtz

Art was so brain dead from the nonsense he almost slept through the break!

ItsOver

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 05, 2015, 10:55:49 PM
there are rocket launch videos available online, with one continuous shot from take-off to orbit, etc. and you can clearly see the earth's curvature once the rocket is up there.
any kind of comeback that John would have to that, would beg the (rhetorical) question... smarter than a 5th grader?
Rocket launch hoaxes.  Front projection, courtesy of Hollywood.