• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150804 - Jay Weidner/Stanton Friedman Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 04, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

Still getting repeats on the tunein app even after switching streams and refreshing AHHHHHHHHHH. Oh well I'll deal with it

ShayP

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 04, 2015, 10:38:19 PM
I have my account set to recurring so I don't forget to make a payment, should I have a senile moment lol.

I've already forgotten about my automatic payments on other accounts and thought I cancelled.  OUCH! Where's my money?  And I'm not a 'senior' yet.  LOL!

someguy

yo I'm crazy and honestly think people get abducted by aliens and I know we landed on the fucking moon

Quote from: mortalwombat on August 04, 2015, 10:38:48 PM
that awkward moment when you *were* excited for Art Bell to come back on air, before he actually came back, because he's a good broadcaster, and now that he's back, you're considerably less excited, because he is showing his closed-minded, right-wing colors. for example that Alan Greenspan commercial they play repeatedly. Alan Greenspan was not a very good economist for the little guy, i.e. 99%+ of people. for another example, his repeated hype of Donald Chump.

??? Really? If you think he's conservative now, you should have heard him in the Clinton era.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 10:37:31 PM
Why would you send Hitchbot into the hood?

I love love love how focused Dark Matter News is on the Hitchbot story. I've learned more from the last few weeks of DMN than I have from mainstream news in the last year.
hitchbot wanted to b a rapper😱

Noorynoid

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
I would like to see Art Bell in a movie as a hitman...maybe a cameo role.  :D

I'd like to see Art do a walk on the new X-Files

aldousburbank

Quote from: Robert on August 04, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
So this guy thinks the photos were faked for entirely different reasons than Hoagie thinks.  Amazing how you could come up w 2 converging yet independent crackpot lines of reasoning.
Shyeah, like Democrats and Republicans.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on August 04, 2015, 10:39:07 PM
This explains your response to my post.  I was merely responding to the guests assertion that Kubrick was THE ONLY ONE that understood film making.  I find Kubrick's work to be just a bit over rated.  It's just my opinion.  No need for a lecture on how ground-breaking he was.   :)

Different strokes for different folks my friend.

Alienmojo

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 04, 2015, 10:36:01 PM
You are locked in at that price.
So do I still have to do it every month? or does it come out automatically?

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 10:37:31 PM
Why would you send Hitchbot into the hood?

I love love love how focused Dark Matter News is on the Hitchbot story. I've learned more from the last few weeks of DMN than I have from mainstream news in the last year.

sadly..it wasnt the hood..it is ..where he was picked up and dumped is the historic district

Sean92008

Quote from: Noorynoid on August 04, 2015, 10:37:59 PM
I'm about 3000 feet from the central office in a small town, even Netflix streams without problems. Latency is low. I'm also running a cat5 cable from the router to internet radio as well.

They lost a lot of customers, maybe they're playing fair nowadays :)

I listen to Leo LaPorte (techguylabs.com, I think) and when that throttling story broke, U-Verse offered a big discount to avoid my cancellation.  They wouldn't promise it would work.

that awkward moment when you *were* excited for Art Bell to come back on air, before he actually came back, because he's a good broadcaster, and now that he's back, you're considerably less excited, because he is showing his closed-minded, right-wing colors. for example that Alan Greenspan commercial they play repeatedly. Alan Greenspan was not a very good economist for the little guy, i.e. 99%+ of people. for another example, his repeated hype of Donald Chump.
Simple solution..... Don't listen

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on August 04, 2015, 10:41:04 PM
sadly..it wasnt the hood..it is ..where he was picked up and dumped is the historic district

But it's Philadelphia?   ;)

AppealPlay

Quote from: Noorynoid on August 04, 2015, 10:40:14 PM
I'd like to see Art do a walk on the new X-Files

I feel like Art would make a damn good replacement for Cigarette Smoking Man.  Maybe he could be e-Cigarette Smoking Man.

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 10:42:12 PM
I feel like Art would make a damn good replacement for Cigarette Smoking Man.  Maybe he could be e-Cigarette Smoking Man.

I like it.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 10:40:07 PM
??? Really? If you think he's conservative now, you should have heard him in the Clinton era.

Art has been critical of immigration policies for a long time. I remember him dedicating open lines nights to the illegal immigration issue when Prop 187 was a big thing in CA in the 90s.

However, he's more of a libertarian on social issues.

He said he voted for Obama in '08. Not sure about '12.

Love the passion in Art's voice. This is the old Art back again. And Stanton is riding in like the cavalry.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 04, 2015, 10:41:07 PM
All's fair in love and WAR!!!!

https://youtu.be/1LK9a8AT2b8

That is the craziest god damn thing I've ever seen. How anyone in this country believed anything on MSM ever again after that or how all those people weren't lynched is beyond me.

ChandlersDad

BRAVO!  I am a proud progressive person. Art is still a political and social Neanderthal. His great wealth, and living in seclusion in a compound in the desert, does not expose him to the reality of our economy. How anyone could promote Alan Greenspan as a great economist is beyond me. Art's adoration of Donald Trump is embarrassing at best and disgusting at worst.

ItsOver

Quote from: Barrblues on August 04, 2015, 10:38:03 PM
If we did not go there how is it possible to use the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment on the Moon from Earth today?
"Ah!  They're reflecting the laser off the glass tunnels on the moon, my friend!  The facts.  Looks at the facts!"

someguy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 04, 2015, 10:42:12 PM

are you crazy? art bell is obviously one of the lone gunmen