• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

sparknode sucks

Started by wr250, May 10, 2015, 04:22:22 PM

MV/Liberace!

HiVelocity is the parent company of Sparknode.  I just got off of the phone with HV's director of operations, Steve Eschweiler.  We spoke for about twenty minutes. 

I explained to him that while I don't expect hardware to run eternally without malfunction, as that's an unrealistic expectation, I do expect the people I'm speaking with on the phone to take ownership of my problem and to have the tools at their disposal to see things through, even at 2AM on a Saturday.  I also explained to him that a shift change should not require that I call in again to re-educate the newly arrived support guy as to the nature of my problem.  There needs to be a communication mechanism in place to ensure this doesn't happen.  In my view, that's Customer Support 101.

Steve said the problems plaguing BellGab this weekend were the result of a freak confluence of several unusual circumstances, but he volunteered that it exposed some real weaknesses in how they handle certain support situations.  He said they're planning a big meeting to decide what changes to make and how to make them now that some very obvious systemic problems have been revealed in their support system.

In addition to providing his personal contact info, Steve informed me Sparknode will be compensating us for this weekend's disaster.  In doing so, he went far beyond what was expected.  Also, I learned during the call that Steve is an Art Bell fan, which made the failure all the more regrettable for him.  He wanted me to pass along his personal apology to Art and all who use this forum.

I hope these problems remain a thing of the past because I've used Sparknode previously and was very pleased with every aspect of the company.  I don't want to see the them deteriorate, and the level of service going forward will be the true test of this.

Thanks to Steve for addressing all of this in the way he did.

inuk2600

Well, I guess that mitigates that... at least GN still S

bateman

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 11, 2015, 01:59:20 AM
Keith wants a transcript of your Sparknode comments before you go on air..

Laughed pretty hard at this. A++

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2015, 10:26:59 AM
HiVelocity is the parent company of Sparknode.  I just got off of the phone with HV's director of operations, Steve Eschweiler.  We spoke for about twenty minutes. 

I explained to him that while I don't expect hardware to run eternally without malfunction, as that's an unrealistic expectation, I do expect the people I'm speaking with on the phone to take ownership of my problem and to have the tools at their disposal to see things through, even at 2AM on a Saturday.  I also explained to him that a shift change should not require that I call in again to re-educate the newly arrived support guy as to the nature of my problem.  There needs to be a communication mechanism in place to ensure this doesn't happen.  In my view, that's Customer Support 101.

Steve said the problems plaguing BellGab this weekend were the result of a freak confluence of several unusual circumstances, but he volunteered that it exposed some real weaknesses in how they handle certain support situations.  He said they're planning a big meeting to decide what changes to make and how to make them now that some very obvious systemic problems have been revealed in their support system.   (As opposed to the yoosh where it's tea, soy latte's, kombucha and soy seaweed chips and everybody affirms everyone)

In addition to providing his personal contact info, Steve informed me Sparknode will be compensating us for this weekend's disaster.  In doing so, he went far beyond what was expected.  Also, I learned during the call that Steve is an Art Bell fan, which made the failure all the more regrettable for him.  He wanted me to pass along his personal apology to Art and all who use this forum. (when will I see my check?)
(personal apology, well, I guess that makes everything alright, then.  *tosses down spike baseball bat*  Keith Rowland apologizes, now this guy.... I'll never get to use that fucker.)

I hope these problems remain a thing of the past because I've used Sparknode previously and was very pleased with every aspect of the company.  I don't want to see the them deteriorate, and the level of service going forward will be the true test of this.

Thanks to Steve for addressing all of this in the way he did.

3OctaveFart

Apparently China has a new cyberweapon that can redirect internet traffic to attack targeted websites.
It will intercept the traffic, infect it and dispatch it to overwhelm designated sites.
All in the service of promoting Chinese interests.

b_dubb

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 12, 2015, 07:40:03 PM
Apparently China has a new cyberweapon that can redirect internet traffic to attack targeted websites.
It will intercept the traffic, infect it and dispatch it to overwhelm designated sites.
All in the service of promoting Chinese interests.
The Chinese have turned being a dick into high art. Assholes.

3OctaveFart

It is repugnant, but I can't help but marvel at the cunning, singlemindedness, sheer Machiavellianism.

Here's the story
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/ideological-security-is-of-the-utmost-concern-meet-the-great-cannon-chinas-latest-cyberweapon