• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dear Art, please denouce false prophets..

Started by henge0stone, April 01, 2015, 04:08:28 PM

henge0stone

..Who you have given air time over the years. Gordon Michael Scallion was wrong about everything. Just in the millennium show alone (12  31-99) he predicted he was 90 % sure that his map would happen by 2002. Also he said a new type of human would evolve and that by 2012 there would be no more wars. So many misses.

http://www.rense.com/general67/theabsurdityofgms.htm

How can you call yourself a prophet when your hit rake is almost zero?

Denounce him and other prophets like Dames.
Dames, we did NOT end up eating allege underground by 2000. And the billions of other things he predicted.

Sean David Morton too. He sorta dropped off so its not as important.

basswood

I don't think he necessarily needs to denounce them but I would prefer he find a new group of false prophets for us.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on April 01, 2015, 04:08:28 PM
..Who you have given air time over the years. Gordon Michael Scallion was wrong about everything. Just in the millennium show alone (12  31-99) he predicted he was 90 % sure that his map would happen by 2002. Also he said a new type of human would evolve and that by 2012 there would be no more wars. So many misses.

http://www.rense.com/general67/theabsurdityofgms.htm

How can you call yourself a prophet when your hit rake is almost zero?

Denounce him and other prophets like Dames.
Dames, we did NOT end up eating allege underground by 2000. And the billions of other things he predicted.

Sean David Morton too. He sorta dropped off so its not as important.
Although I can't stand some of those guys I would rather he has them back on and challenges them on their fake predictions. Maybe not for a whole show but at least a segment. It would be sorta of interesting or funny to watch back-tracking, new interpretations, and excuses. Also, if he could get back some of the old ones who have disappeared (Kathleen Keating, etc) for their updates when predictions did not, or did, happen.

basswood

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2015, 06:57:05 PM
...Also, if he could get back some of the old ones who have disappeared (Kathleen Keating, etc) for their updates when predictions did not, or did, happen.

I would probably like to hear a Kathleen Keating interview today more than anyone else he's had on in the past. She really disappeared off the face of the earth and I'm betting her view hasn't changed much since then, just the timing of her apocolypse altered.

albrecht

Quote from: basswood on April 01, 2015, 07:16:06 PM
I would probably like to hear a Kathleen Keating interview today more than anyone else he's had on in the past. She really disappeared off the face of the earth and I'm betting her view hasn't changed much since then, just the timing of her apocolypse altered.
Yes. I also wish Malachi Martin were still around for another go-round about his predictions and also commentary on the new Pope and the various goings-on these days. I hope Art does a show about him and his, maybe according to some sources, mysterious death. Art said on the other thread that he got the Fatima secret from him but promised never to reveal it. Could be good radio braggadocio or posting joke, because seems a little far-fetched, but THAT would be a killer "first show!" 

basswood

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2015, 07:21:55 PM
Yes. I also wish Malachi Martin were still around for another go-round about his predictions and also commentary on the new Pope and the various goings-on these days. I hope Art does a show about him and his, maybe according to some sources, mysterious death.

Howard Hughes did a sort of retrospective of Father Martin a few weeks ago with a Catholic reporter he did many of his interviews with, it wasn't bad but there was nothing new or shocking in it. Just good to hear him mentioned again though. Not a believer in any "mysterious death" though I understand why many want there to have been. The supposed quote about him being "pushed" occurred during a previous incident, not the one the one that happened right before his death. I have/had some mutual friends who were very close to him and they've explained the confusion and carry no questions about it.

albrecht

Quote from: basswood on April 01, 2015, 07:30:13 PM
Howard Hughes did a sort of retrospective of Father Martin a few weeks ago with a Catholic reporter he did many of his interviews with, it wasn't bad but there was nothing new or shocking in it. Just good to hear him mentioned again though. Not a believer in any "mysterious death" though I understand why many want there to have been. The supposed quote about him being "pushed" occurred during a previous incident, not the one the one that happened right before his death. I have/had some mutual friends who were very close to him and they've explained the confusion and carry no questions about it.
I heard the Hughes show about him. The guest was a real "Martin" guy so less discussion, but I guess Art was also. I would like to hear one with more questioning. I love Malachi Martin and his shows but there is some interesting stuff about his background that wasn't covered in the more glowing shows. And I don't know much about his death so would like that revisited. I also wonder follow up to some of his claims about the Satanic murders in Illinois (I think.) I wonder if that was that same incident a recent show was about the priest that killed the nun and decade later was finally convicted? But there also were some others where, I though, he said priests were killed? (I think Keating also mentioned this at some point.) In any event a good show to have "Malachi Revisited" with guests, friends, family, etc.

basswood

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2015, 07:37:53 PM
In any event a good show to have "Malachi Revisited" with guests, friends, family, etc.

Agreed. I have been very disappointed over the years since his death that nobody has gotten the ball rolling on a bio. There has been some movie company promising an independent film for several years now but so far have offered up nothing but a trailer. Lots of silence all around except for the sedevacantists that still slamder him about an alleged affair.

Apologies to henge0stone for derailing this! Maybe we can move it to Malachi's page if there is more.

albrecht

Quote from: basswood on April 01, 2015, 07:44:43 PM
Agreed. I have been very disappointed over the years since his death that nobody has gotten the ball rolling on a bio. There has been some movie company promising an independent film for several years now but so far have offered up nothing but a trailer. Lots of silence all around except for the sedevacantists that still slamder him about an alleged affair.

Apologies to henge0stone for derailing this! Maybe we can move it to Malachi's page if there is more.
What is crazy is that Malachi himself was again Vatican II and liked the old rite. And also bemoaned the changes in society (via media etc) that was opening people up to the Devil and his works. But he also wasn't super critical (that might be the problem) with people but just insisted in a friendly manner. And, yet, some of those sedevacanists deride him. I can understand the Protestants etc having issue with him (just due to Catholic and some doctrines etc) but funny the "old believers" were against him. (In a way it is sort of funny. That happens often in many situations of "true believers"- look to infighting in UFO, Bigfoot, 911 "Truth", what happens in communist countries, cults, dictatorships, etc. Or even in our political parties today, to a less drastic extent but definitely happens.)

basswood

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
What is crazy is that Malachi himself was again Vatican II and liked the old rite. And also bemoaned the changes in society (via media etc) that was opening people up to the Devil and his works. But he also wasn't super critical (that might be the problem) with people but just insisted in a friendly manner. And, yet, some of those sedevacanists deride him. I can understand the Protestants etc having issue with him (just due to Catholic and some doctrines etc) but funny the "old believers" were against him. (In a way it is sort of funny. That happens often in many situations of "true believers"- look to infighting in UFO, Bigfoot, 911 "Truth", what happens in communist countries, cults, dictatorships, etc. Or even in our political parties today, to a less drastic extent but definitely happens.)

Moved it over to the Malachi Martin thread.

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on April 01, 2015, 07:21:55 PM
Yes. I also wish Malachi Martin were still around for another go-round about his predictions and also commentary on the new Pope and the various goings-on these days. I hope Art does a show about him and his, maybe according to some sources, mysterious death. Art said on the other thread that he got the Fatima secret from him but promised never to reveal it. Could be good radio braggadocio or posting joke, because seems a little far-fetched, but THAT would be a killer "first show!"

That would be awesome  if he had Dames and GMS to confront them but he'll never do it. He's too nice his former guests. I don't think Malachi Martin should be counted as a prophet. He made predictions but he admitted they were wrong and even said he was a poor prophet so they were really just guesses. Also he never claimed to have any special power aside from being an exorcist.

analog kid

Please no. Those shows were entertaining to listen to and I'd rather Art return with even more of that type of thing, completely unfettered.

I'm pretty sure he's said here that he presents the topics and it's up to the listener to decide, which is all that's necessary IMO.

He could become Skeptioid II, but that wouldn't be very interesting.

Yorkshire pud

Just don't mention Heavens Gate...Arrrghhhhhh

Damn!

henge0stone

Quote from: MV on April 03, 2015, 01:16:39 AM
as opposed to legitimate prophets?

As opposed to people claiming to be prophets but really charlatans. Malachi never said he was a prophet and admitted he was bad with predictions.

DanTSX

They seem to expose themselves.  No Art needed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: henge0stone on April 04, 2015, 08:59:44 AM
As opposed to people claiming to be prophets but really charlatans. Malachi never said he was a prophet and admitted he was bad with predictions.

there are no prophets. that is my point.

Aussie Dave

Quote from: MV on April 06, 2015, 10:38:57 AM
there are no prophets. that is my point.

Exactly. If he is going to have psychics or even remote viewers for that matter then they need to be held accountable for their misses and  not praised for obvious hits.

Dames would always get praised for "predicting" activity from the Sun. A blind man could predict that.

Meh, start from the premise that everyone in life is full of it and you'll rarely be disappointed ;D

Avi

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 12, 2015, 11:18:22 PM
Meh, start from the premise that everyone in life is full of it and you'll rarely be disappointed ;D

True, but will I be entertained?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 12, 2015, 11:05:52 PM
Exactly. If he is going to have psychics or even remote viewers for that matter then they need to be held accountable for their misses and  not praised for obvious hits.

Dames would always get praised for "predicting" activity from the Sun. A blind man could predict that.

Dames was never held accountable for his scam that preys on the gullible for monetary gain. Like his remote viewing of Iron Butterfly bassist, Philip "Taylor" Kramer's mysterious disappearance. Dames, was asked to "view" Kramer's case, by Kramer's sister. On Art's show he claimed Kramer had been murdered by known persons. Driven by "known persons" hundreds of miles away and his body was dumped.

4 years later Kramers skeletal remains were found inside the wreckage of his minivan that had plunged down a 450-foot ravine outside of Malibu, California. Less than 20 miles from his home. No evidence of any foul play.

Aussie Dave

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 13, 2015, 01:45:24 AM

Dames was never held accountable for his scam that preys on the gullible for monetary gain. Like his remote viewing of Iron Butterfly bassist, Philip "Taylor" Kramer's mysterious disappearance. Dames, was asked to "view" Kramer's case, by Kramer's sister. On Art's show he claimed Kramer had been murdered by known persons. Driven by "known persons" hundreds of miles away and his body was dumped.

4 years later Kramers skeletal remains were found inside the wreckage of his minivan that had plunged down a 450-foot ravine outside of Malibu, California. Less than 20 miles from his home. No evidence of any foul play.

I recently heard that show on one of the streams. It was the show with the sister that Dames appeared on. I didn't know anything about the case so I googled it and was disgusted hearing Dames and his smug little voice knowingly giving false information. He is a crook and should be ashamed of himself. Art should not give him any air time.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 13, 2015, 04:39:04 AM
I recently heard that show on one of the streams. It was the show with the sister that Dames appeared on. I didn't know anything about the case so I googled it and was disgusted hearing Dames and his smug little voice knowingly giving false information. He is a crook and should be ashamed of himself. Art should not give him any air time.

Sure Major Ed's a crook, just like PT Barum was a crook, and just like Mr. Art Bell is crook.
I prefer showmen and entertainers. Although both Art and Ed have crossed the line at times and have used fear mongering/deception for financial gain. But the fact remains, that neither has forced anyone to hand over their cash.

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur, "The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 13, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
that's right up there with the  Sylvia Browne/Amanda Berry debacle

too bad Art constantly defended Dames

Art has to defend the likes of Major Ed. There aren't that many delusional showmen like Dames that can put themselves out there and live a life that is total BS.

Ever wondered what Art and his trusted friend and co-author Whitley Strieber friend talk about in private?

Art: Just how many time Whitley have you been abducted now?

Whitley: Counting since a kid, well over a dozens of times.

Art: Never thought to set up a concealed camera or voice recorder, to prove they are real?

Whitley: No need to, I'm a practicing Catholic

Art: We all need to believe in something

Whitley: You betcha, Guaranteed After Life

yumyumtree

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 03, 2015, 09:32:16 AM
Just don't mention Heavens Gate...Arrrghhhhhh

Damn!

So I guess that there was some sort of connection with Art and Heavens' Gate?--I don't mean connection actually, but that some  in the media blamed Art to some extent for a lot of millennial madness, which was not limited to Heavens' Gate.  I heard Norry mention it--the problems it caused.

This was an era during which talk radio was getting blamed for a lot of stuff.  Remember Clinton implying that Rush Limbaugh was to blame for the Oklahoma City bombing?

yumyumtree

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 13, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
that's right up there with the  Sylvia Browne/Amanda Berry debacle

too bad Art constantly defended Dames

Sylvia Browne had done a similar thing in regards to another missing kid--Shawn Hornbeck.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 16, 2015, 10:55:54 AM
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/art_bell_heavenrsquos_gate_and_journalistic_integrity/

You know, for a guy who got suckered big time on that whole debacle you'd think Art would be a little more receptive to skeptical thinking. But nope, I've heard him more than once talk mad shit about skeptics and debunkers.