• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Cheap VHS Rewinders

Started by Mind Flayer Monk, March 15, 2015, 09:22:25 AM

Anyone know a cheap way to buy a VHS rewinder online? I'm not talking about hunting around garage sales-I'm looking for a place that stocks and sells VHS rewinders normally.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 15, 2015, 09:22:25 AM
Anyone know a cheap way to buy a VHS rewinder online? I'm not talking about hunting around garage sales-I'm looking for a place that stocks and sells VHS rewinders normally.
MMM, sears.com, amazon, etc.  Try doing some of your own google fu

cweb

eBay is probably the best place for them cheap. Sears has them, but they're sold by a third party and some are ridiculously expensive.

Or you could fashion your own handmade one... http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Videotape-Rewinder

phrodo

I'm looking for a good, reliable DVD rewinder.  I keep having to pay a fee when I take my rental DVDs back and they aren't rewound.  :-[

Quote from: phrodo on April 30, 2015, 12:28:44 AM
I'm looking for a good, reliable DVD rewinder.  I keep having to pay a fee when I take my rental DVDs back and they aren't rewound.  :-[

That sounds like a growth business.

Dude111

Quote from: Mind Flayer MonkAnyone know a cheap way to buy a VHS rewinder online? I'm not talking about hunting around garage sales-I'm looking for a place that stocks and sells VHS rewinders normally.

Most VHS rewinders are garbage...... THEY SLAM THE END OF THE TAPE @ FULL SPEED!! (Not good at all)

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: Dude111 on May 08, 2015, 04:07:38 AM
Most VHS rewinders are garbage...... THEY SLAM THE END OF THE TAPE @ FULL SPEED!! (Not good at all)

Yep, I haven't found any that are worth a damn, all cheap Chinese flimsy junk, and it hasn't been proven that there's any benefit to using them instead of the Rewind function on a VCR.