• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The definitive list of awesome guests

Started by unclejoey, October 12, 2008, 04:34:01 PM

unclejoey

One thing that our Earth lacks is a definitive list of awesome guests of Art Bell's programs.  I will start it off, and I would greatly appreciate any input.  Please don't add anyone that isn't awesome.  In order to be considered awesome, a guest must have super powers or know REALLY secret stuff, etc.  Michio Kaku, for example, cannot make the list of awesome guests because he is just really smart and doesn't have any super powers or know anything REALLY secret. Mel Waters, on the other had, does make the list because he has first hand experience with an arguably REALLY secret hole.

Ingo Swann
Major Ed Dames
Dr. Harold Puthoff
Father Malachi Martin
Richard C. Hoagland
Mel Waters

EvB

Welcome Uncle Joey!

i think this will be an interesting thread - but I'm afraid you won't get only additions. For example:

Ingo Swann
Major Ed Dames
Dr. Harold Puthoff
Father Malachi Martin
Richard C. Hoagland
Mel Waters

I've just removed two I think are complete frauds - (though anyone is free to quote you and in that case- they'll still be on that list) and must add:

Seth Shostak
H. Paul Shuch

For sheer innovation - which is a "super power" in my book.

Hey, I love Michio.

By the way, welcome unclejoey. Here's a sign-up gift for you.

http://www.wwujd.com/homepage.htm

unclejoey

Quote from: EvB on October 12, 2008, 04:49:08 PM
Welcome Uncle Joey!

i think this will be an interesting thread - but I'm afraid you won't get only additions. For example:

Ingo Swann
Major Ed Dames
Dr. Harold Puthoff
Father Malachi Martin
Richard C. Hoagland
Mel Waters

I've just removed two I think are complete frauds - (though anyone is free to quote you and in that case- they'll still be on that list) and must add:

Seth Shostak
H. Paul Shuch

For sheer innovation - which is a "super power" in my book.

You crossed out Major Ed Dames, but you left Ingo Swann...you're one strange cat.  Who is that lady Barbara and her young male friend that used to tape EVPs? I'd like to add them to the list.  I still respect Barbara, even though she made the change from analog to digital.

EvB

QuoteYou crossed out Major Ed Dames, but you left Ingo Swann...you're one strange cat.  Who is that lady Barbara and her young male friend that used to tape EVPs? I'd like to add them to the list.  I still respect Barbara, even though she made the change from analog to digital.

Actually I just don't know anything about Swan. And, "Lady Barbara" & company would have been on my list too - but like you - I could not recall the names or where they were from.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: unclejoey on October 13, 2008, 11:49:09 AM
Who is that lady Barbara and her young male friend that used to tape EVPs? I'd like to add them to the list.  I still respect Barbara, even though she made the change from analog to digital.
they were brendan cook and barbara mcbeath of the ghost investigators society, or GIS.

and barbara made the move to digital?  i don't recall that.

welcome to GNS bro.

unclejoey

I shouldn't have made that statement so carelessly.  Barbara did make the switch to digital (at Brendan's urging), but she always carried one small analog recorder as a backup. She had all of her bases covered, unlike that careless maverick Brendan.

EvB

QuoteBarbara did make the switch to digital (at Brendan's urging), but she always carried one small analog recorder as a backup.

The last time I heard her on with Art - I believe she said that she made the move to digital for primarily practical reasons - tapes were becoming harder to come by.

I can get 'em - but only at the University store or at other school-supply type places in August and September.

unclejoey

Quote from: EvB on October 13, 2008, 07:49:39 PM

The last time I heard her on with Art - I believe she said that she made the move to digital for primarily practical reasons - tapes were becoming harder to come by.

I can get 'em - but only at the University store or at other school-supply type places in August and September.

Yes, yes.  As we all know, Barbara used ONLY fresh tapes.  This must have aggravated the problem of finding a sufficient supply. Were Barbara and Brendan fucking, or am I crazy?

EvB

QuoteWere Barbara and Brendan fucking, or am I crazy?                

I dunno about CRAZY.  They were asked this question, a bit more delicately put, on air.  Barbara says that Brenden is yonger than her son, and married.  They both laughed. 

unclejoey

Ah yes, I bet they laughed just they way Ingo does when Art asks him if he can read minds...I think we all know what that laugh means.  I bet there's some pretty nasty Brendan on Barbara action on at least on of those EVP tapes.

wasitanangel

i liked the show when art let j c webster take calls

Gojira2006

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 25, 2009, 05:25:39 PM
i liked the show when art let j c webster take calls

;D  That was pretty good . . . ! 8)  I like Stan Friedman - he's always good for some fireworks - especially when he gets going about Seth Shostak & the SETI Project . . . !  ;D

wasitanangel

i like that lady that comes on sometimes and talks about cows getting cut up also

superdeluxe

Red Elk,  Mel of Mel's Hole, and Kenny Young (UFO tapes)

EvB

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 26, 2009, 09:06:37 AM
i like that lady that comes on sometimes and talks about cows getting cut up also

Linda Moulton Howe.  She certainly has a flair for the, errr . . . odd! 

wasitanangel

thanks. that is the lady. she makes more sense than george most of the time.

Gojira2006

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 26, 2009, 05:28:41 PM
thanks. that is the lady. she makes more sense than george most of the time.

:)  She's on tonight - so the show shouldn't be too bad  ;D - even though Noory's the host . . .  :'(

wasitanangel

that was scary about the bats last night! that is all we need is more bugs and mosquitos and stuff messin up the environment

Gojira2006

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 27, 2009, 08:08:30 AM
that was scary about the bats last night! that is all we need is more bugs and mosquitos and stuff messin up the environment

:o Very scary . . .    :o  & the thing about having Linda Moulton Howe on for most of the show, we're spared quite a bit of Noory, other than him injecting his usually meaningless comments from time-to-time . . .  ;D