• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

WHAT FUCKING CAT?!

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, September 12, 2008, 11:47:01 PM

This is quite possibly the silliest thing I have ever seen on the C2CAM....er..this month.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2735.html?theme=light

If anyone finds this motherfucking cat, let me know. I see a little gray on the side of the big chair, which is probably the cushion part of the wooden-backed chair in the background. I suppose it's possible it's a blur, which could take a subjective shape for some people, especially on a low quality cellphone image. But ..I really don't see anything odd about this image.

Edit: Never mind, Charles found that fucking cat for me.

Edit 2: And EVB found even more!

EvB

LOL!  good job.

It took me a while to see the "ghost cat" (though i'm not convinced - there is a translucent cat there)  ;D

Frys Girl

Two things I'd like to say about this topic and they are:

Charles gets lots of $$$ for the photoshop and I tried the Chinese eye test to see if I could find a secret cat. I came up with nada.

EvB

For anyone who can't see the "ghost cat" (I don't say it's a ghost - only that there is a blurry photo image of a cat) I made this page with every clue I know how to give. 

Hope it helps

BTW - if you bother to spend time looking, there are a number of other reflective and and translucent images in the photo of the sort that have been labeled "ghostly" ---  The chair in the background has one, and seem to be missing the left-had back slat (where you may find a "face" if you try -- and use a lot of imagination)

My very unprofessional opinion is "doctored all to hell."

danDNA

well thats cleared that up. nice work.

Above and beyond Ev, have you ever thought about doing forensic science?

EvB

QuoteAbove and beyond Ev, have you ever thought about doing forensic science?                      

GOOD GOD NO!  I'd have to handle all kinds of icky stuff. Ewwww . . .

One more comment on the photo.  To me, the most obvious sign of human "art" is the very clear, straight line between the bottom of what you can see of the cat, and the arm of the chair.  Bad editing there (if you intend to convince and not just amuse) - it should have been layered and blurred.

Frys Girl

CSI Sasquatch with George Noory.

I see a cat face on the back of the chair. That's where I was looking because that's where I'd expect a cat to sit. Are you sure that's not where it is?

EvB

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 14, 2008, 10:06:23 AM
I see a cat face on the back of the chair. That's where I was looking because that's where I'd expect a cat to sit. Are you sure that's not where it is?

I do see other candidates (as below).  It's not unusual for there to be multiple images in "ghost" pics.  I just chose the one I thought was most clear.  And, my question is, if the one I chose is not what they intended to show, why don't they mention it?  To anyone looking for a "ghostly" image in their own photo, it's bound to be obvious.  So, why not say, for example "ignore the cat in the seat of the chair - that's Mitts - who was moving too fast and came out blurry."

Yeah, that's it! I don't know why they can't take clearer pictures. Ghosts must blend into the background if there are too many pixels or something.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Charles on September 13, 2008, 12:24:26 AM

I just saw "another" cat. Look to the right of Charle's cat, there's a little cat face with ears and it looks like it's whispering to Charle's cat.

EvB

QuoteI just saw "another" cat. Look to the right of Charle's cat, there's a little cat face with ears and it looks like it's whispering to Charle's cat.

Holly crap you are RIGHT.   These people are clearly haunted by the Multicat family.  I took just that one little section you pointed out and in less than five minutes found 5 - that's FIVE cats.  One, the last, is admittedly so hard to see that I've lost it and re-found it a few times. but DAMN - someone had a real good time with opacity settings (or alpha channels - depending on the program) and many, many layers with this image.

Is this the ghost-kitty version of Where's Waldo?!  Hey, some of it may be suggestion, but in at lest three of these images (punched up with a yellow filter then marked with a red circle) there is a CAT.  Not just "something that looks like a cat" but a freaking C-A-T.

Max

anyone can make that cat a ghost

paint show pro, lower the layer down to a ghost level and there you go..

EvB

Quote from: Max on September 14, 2008, 01:01:47 PM
anyone can make that cat a ghost

paint show pro, lower the layer down to a ghost level and there you go..

Right - which is more or less the point.  Though a few other tricks help the effect (layers, warping, masking etc.) In fact - I'm about to go make a little puzzle for you all called "Find Vandeven's Ghost."  BBIAB

Quote from: EvB on September 14, 2008, 08:29:44 AM
For anyone who can't see the "ghost cat" (I don't say it's a ghost - only that there is a blurry photo image of a cat) I made this page with every clue I know how to give. 

Hope it helps

BTW - if you bother to spend time looking, there are a number of other reflective and and translucent images in the photo of the sort that have been labeled "ghostly" ---  The chair in the background has one, and seem to be missing the left-had back slat (where you may find a "face" if you try -- and use a lot of imagination)

My very unprofessional opinion is "doctored all to hell."

Nice work Ev! $$$

I agree, you should be a forensic ghost photo person. I'm sure there's a more professional name for that, but you know..it's a lazy and hungover Sunday.

EvB

Awwwwwwwwwwww SHIT!  Beautiful as the pics of MV (at UFOStarship) are, they are web-resolution (DUH!) which means I didn't have enough pixel info to do this well - so I gave up long before I wanted to.

One of these days I'll take a print resolution image and do the deed, then alter it for the web - BIG DIF.  You'll have a lot more fun and so wil I.

Anyhoo - I will show you what I did before I gave up - tell you that the resolution issue makes one or two of these "ghosts" too small (in terms of resolution) to be fair - but if you find 'em - hey! Eagle-eye you!  AND remind you not to be overly seduced by the obvious.

I see something over the chair in the back left. Looks like a head.

EvB

DING DING DING! 

PKA finds the first of 5 non-obvious "ghosts"

$ for you.

Frys Girl

That is one GORGEOUS Iranian carpet smack in the middle of dat room.

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on September 14, 2008, 12:40:43 PM
Holly crap you are RIGHT.   These people are clearly haunted by the Multicat family.  I took just that one little section you pointed out and in less than five minutes found 5 - that's FIVE cats.  One, the last, is admittedly so hard to see that I've lost it and re-found it a few times. but DAMN - someone had a real good time with opacity settings (or alpha channels - depending on the program) and many, many layers with this image.

Is this the ghost-kitty version of Where's Waldo?!  Hey, some of it may be suggestion, but in at lest three of these images (punched up with a yellow filter then marked with a red circle) there is a CAT.  Not just "something that looks like a cat" but a freaking C-A-T.

No, I meant on the OTHER side, sitting on the chair seat and whispering to the cat Charles filled in. It almost looks like it is humping Charles' cat. You can see two eyes, one ear, a nose and a cat snout. I wish I had graphic artist skills so I could outline it for everyone, but I see it.

EvB

The Multicat family strikes again.

Below is a section with C's cat included.  there is a circle around a small cat-face I did not notice before.  the cat directly above that circle is the one I used for my example on the web-page.

Do you see ANOTHER one in that general vicinity? BTW - if you look closely just under the left hand ear of the ghost cat I've used as the primary reference (on the web page) you'll see yet ANOTHER, very small, cat face.  Yet another on the left hand side of his chest.

Like I said, someone took a lot of time with this.  We could go on forever.

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 14, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
No, I meant on the OTHER side, sitting on the chair seat and whispering to the cat Charles filled in. It almost looks like it is humping Charles' cat. You can see two eyes, one ear, a nose and a cat snout. I wish I had graphic artist skills so I could outline it for everyone, but I see it.

I see it. You're not totally insane.......YET!

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 14, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
That is one GORGEOUS Iranian carpet smack in the middle of dat room.

Oh yeah - I chose a lush looking pic because they have great hiding places.  The carpet was a big part of that.

Quote from: EvB on September 14, 2008, 09:44:56 PM
The Multicat family strikes again.

Below is a section with C's cat included.  there is a circle around a small cat-face I did not notice before.  the cat directly above that circle is the one I used for my example on the web-page.

Do you see ANOTHER one in that general vicinity?
Now in this closeup I see a black, apparently demonic, cat -- or possibly a ghost demon pommeranian, with its nose right next to the original ghost cat's ear! You can only see half of his face.

EvB

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 14, 2008, 09:50:17 PM
Now in this closeup I see a black, apparently demonic, cat -- or possibly a ghost demon pommeranian, with its nose right next to the original ghost cat's ear! You can only see half of his face.

Oh for the love of Bast!  Do you mean the one with the eyes that seem almost green?  I'm gonna go nuts if I don't stop this.  how much TIME did these people have on their hands!???  I'll grant you some of it is suggestion, and some of it clustering effect - but dammit - most of the ones we've picked out are C-A-T-S.