• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast Guests: Legit, Charlatan, Deluded or Crazy

Started by RecoveringNoorholic, November 16, 2013, 09:11:22 PM

Robert

Has Bruce Cornet ever been on C2C?  He's a UFO investigator.  Mark him down as deluded.

I met him at my friends Ralph & Kathy's 20+ yrs. ago.  He was tracking nighttime sightings in the western Hudson Valley.  He told of craft that were cleverly disguised as human-made aircraft.  How could he tell they were not?  1 time he described the port & starboard colored lights on one as doing only half turns instead of fully spinning around; but then the next time I flew, I saw our airliner had lights that moved exactly that way.  Another time he saw by the port & starboard lights that the supposedly simulated airliner had turned upside down while making a turn.  Later he left Ralph & Kathy video of such a sighting; it was clear to me he'd simply misinterpreted an ordinary 180 degree level turn as that unorthodox maneuver.

Another time he reported after he'd borrowed a portable proton magnetometer & had gone over some ground in the daytime in the area of such sightings.  He detected dips in magnetic field strength that I could only read as someone's switching on & off DC in a vary large buried coil he was in the middle of (very unlikely, but interesting) or an artifact of something in the machine (likely).  While walking around the ground, he felt a sudden pain as If he'd been hit by a projectile in the calf, as if someone or some entity wanted him to go away; most likely, he'd just torn a small bit of muscle.

So he probably had a little bit of evidence that convinced him at some time that something strange was taking place, and everything since then has been a result of confirmation bias.

henge0stone

How about for Malachi Martin
Legit - when speaking about religion and history and theology, since he was well educated in these topics
Deluded - when it comes to Exorcism. Who knows maybe he's right but I somehow doubt it.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: henge0stone on July 09, 2015, 07:29:29 PM

See, now I found the religious talk from Fr. Martin to be boring as hell. All the outrage about JPII reaching out to the Jewish community and some of his reforms is some severe eye rolling stuff. Dude would have had a full on fit about Francis' more liberal leanings.

For full on deluded I'd have to go with the "friend"of Fr. Martin who was a disgruntled catholic priest who came on after Fr. Martin died. I've never before, or since, heard someone so butthurt about Vatican II. "The mass isn't being said in Latin, so it's not legitimate and is evil". As if Latin has some magic power or something.

henge0stone

Quote from: Lord Grantham on July 09, 2015, 08:56:18 PM
See, now I found the religious talk from Fr. Martin to be boring as hell. All the outrage about JPII reaching out to the Jewish community and some of his reforms is some severe eye rolling stuff. Dude would have had a full on fit about Francis' more liberal leanings.

For full on deluded I'd have to go with the "friend"of Fr. Martin who was a disgruntled catholic priest who came on after Fr. Martin died. I've never before, or since, heard someone so butthurt about Vatican II. "The mass isn't being said in Latin, so it's not legitimate and is evil". As if Latin has some magic power or something.

Kathleen Keating totally rode on the Malachi Martin's coattails, so did that priest who fought vampires  ???
I enjoyed most of Malachi Martin but I agree his complaining about the Vatican changes were dull.

tos11201

Quote from: henge0stone on July 09, 2015, 07:29:29 PM
Legit - when speaking about religion and history and theology, since he was well educated in these topics
Deluded - when it comes to Exorcism. Who knows maybe he's right but I somehow doubt it.

Good breakdown. He definitely had what appeared to be an informed notion regarding church politics and theology. He claimed to be a pre-Vatican II traditionalist and only recognized the old Tridentine rite.

His exorcism claims were most definitely fabricated (as per NYC archbishop), as were his purported reasons for leaving clerical life. Reportedly, he was popular (and involved) with married women.

His appearances on Coast were very entertaining, but each successive show went a bit further down that delusional rabbit hole.

henge0stone

just heard the king of the crazies, Dallas Thompson! It was funny that he was so crazy that Art wanted to know which producer he spoke too. Poor Lisa probably got chewed out for it.

Quote from: henge0stone on July 11, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
just heard the king of the crazies, Dallas Thompson! It was funny that he was so crazy that Art wanted to know which producer he spoke too. Poor Lisa probably got chewed out for it.

Was that the hole in the arctic guy?

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 11, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
Was that the hole in the arctic guy?
Yeah, hollow earth and was going to go on a mission down the hole in the arctic. I think he also said he was blind at one point. One of the best, or at least most memorial, shows Art did so I'm glad that he got through whatever producer it was. A Classic show.

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on July 11, 2015, 04:34:27 PM
Yeah, hollow earth and was going to go on a mission down the hole in the arctic. I think he also said he was blind at one point. One of the best, or at least most memorial, shows Art did so I'm glad that he got through whatever producer it was. A Classic show.

Technically he said he was legally blind so he could see just not well.

ChandlersDad

Evelyn Paglini (RIP) - Deluded   (unless you really believe that lighting different colored candles creates magic)
ANYONE in Exopolitics - Deluded (they seem to think that Star Trek is real and that aliens will think just like humans, i,.e will establish diplomatic relations, sign treaties, etc).
Steward Swerdlow  - Deluded (advertises himself as one of the greatest living metaphysical teachers). Claims to have been involved in Montauk, that his ancestors created the communist party
David Adair - Charlatan - Claims to have once been a child genius who was recruited by the US military to see an alien engine in operation and give the adults his wisdom.
Steve Quayle - Deluded AND a mental case - He is such a religious fanatic that he sees Satan everywhere and constantly predicts doom (which never happens). Angers very easily.
Stan Deyo - Deluded - another religious fanatic who claims he was offered the continent of Australia to rule by the New World Order. Predicts earthquakes without success.
Jim Sparks - Charlatan - Claims to be the only abductee who is taught a symbolic language by aliens. Yet, the aliens can communicate telephathically, the BEST communication medium possible!
David Jacobs - Deluded and possibly a Charlatan - Emma Woods tape recorded every conversation with DJ. He comes across as bullying and vicious, along with very gullible (thinking that alien hybrids are living in an apartment complex nearby and texting him with threats)
Ghostwolf (RIP) - Charlatan - Claimed to have discovered ancient city - turned out to just be rocks. Claimed that Hale Bopp (which he called Hale Bob until Art corrected him) was Wormwood. Claimed we would rise in consciousness and see a new color by now. Claimed that aliens presence would be revealed by now, allowing aliens to walk among us openly at the shopping mall.
John Major Jenkins - Deluded - a 2012 fanatic who predicted whole sale apocalypse on 12-21-12.
L. A. Marzulli - Deluded AND Charlatan - produces a DVD series that are filled with inaccuracies (easily checked, which makes me think L.A.M. is a Charlatan). Also a fundamentalist christian who thinks the earth is 6000 years old, giants roamed the Earth, earth changes are coming (but he remains living in Malibu, CA).
Hugh Ross  - Deluded - So-called physicist who is also a religious fundamentalist who believes there is NO LIFE anywhere else in the cosmos, that creationism is true, and Earth is 6000 years old.
Gerald Celente - Deluded - Financial Trends Analyst - always has a Republican right wing filter on reality - blames Obama for everything short of the crucifixion of Jesus.
JZ Knight - Charlatan - presumes to channel Ramtha. Her own manager quit, claiming the entire Ramtha thing is a hoax, as did her divorced husband.
Tom Horn - Deluded Charlatan - one of Steve Quayle's pals. Writes very poorly documented books about Vatican conspiracies, aliens working to destroy Christianity...a mild version of Pat Robertson
Lori Toye - Deluded - Has been updating her "Earth Map" for decades now, showing how earth changes will impact the USA. Keeps putting out the date of doom.
Steven Greer - Deluded Charatan - Claims to be earth's annointed embassador to the aliens & the alien's main squeeze. Name drops constantly. Talks nonstop. Has joined the Exopolitics gang.
Michael Horn - Charlatan - spokesman for the Billie Meier cult. Enough said.
Lynn Kitie - Deluded - Has a voice that makes me want to tear out my hair - talks non-stop about how UFOs communicate with her, how she is their main squeeze, defends Phoenix Lights in the most irritating voice I have ever heard.
Whitley Strieber - Charlatan - his recent support for Jamie Maussan and the Roswell slides just tops a career of wild claims. (He thinks FBI agents put the placard in front of the dummy in the museum to confuse ufologists). Whenever anything new happens in ufology, Whitley appears on C2C soon after to claim that it happened to him first.
Jason "The Horse" - Deluded - anyone who thinks they are a horse is probably deluded, right?
Dolores Cannon (RIP) - Deluded - She has many followers. Her books are interesting. Nonetheless, she has no proof for her wild proclamations. I find them silly. Just my OPINION, OK?
Doreen Virtue - Deluded - OK, she also has many followers for her angel books, angel talismans, angel cards, angel toilet paper, etc. I just find her a tremendous bore.
Mary Ann Winkowsky - Charlatan - She supposedly can see ghosts, the inspiration for the TV show GHOST WHISPERER. But her constant giggling over such serious topics, and her publication of a book about RECIPES FROM DEAD PEOPLE was so tacky and absurd that I can't debase myself (and my serious interest in life after death) by listening to her ever again.
William Henry - Charlatan - This man keeps pulling New Age Drivel out of his ass and presenting it as spiritual truth. This man is so full of excrement that listening to him makes me want to reach for an enema!  If you are a card carrying New Age Bliss Ninny, you probably adore him. (By the way, Whitley Strieber adores him)
Jerome Corsi - Charlatan - he is a notorious right wing loon who spreads lies every time he opens his mouth. He is a regular guest on FOX NEWS. Hates Obama with a passion that is pathological.
Mike Heiser - WINNER OF THE BORING AWARD - He is a brilliant scholar on Biblical history. But the man has a voice that was made to put people to sleep. I have yet to make it through any of his appearances with C2C without falling off my chair into a deep sleep.

I have intentionally left people off the list, like Alex Jones and Richard Hoagland, who have been discussed a lot already. Both these men are the 2 WORST guests in C2C history. Any bets that Art Bell will bring Hoagland on every few days anyway?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: henge0stone on July 11, 2015, 04:13:02 PM

You have mentioned one of my favourite bits.

Dallas: Lisa's not in trouble, is she?
Art: That has yet to be determined.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: henge0stone on July 10, 2015, 03:26:04 PM
Kathleen Keating totally rode on the Malachi Martin's coattails, so did that priest who fought vampires  ???
I enjoyed most of Malachi Martin but I agree his complaining about the Vatican changes were dull.

Art Bell made a SAINT out of Father Malachi Martin, simply to garner ratings. But in the end, Martin was just an old man who could not deal with the modernization of the Catholic Church. He wanted it to stay in the 7th century AD as opposed to the 14th century AD (where it is now). Catholic DOGMA was all-important to Martin, and this made him seem totally out-of-touch with reality. He probably just fell down a flight of stairs and then claimed that demons did it. I felt sorry for him really. He represented that last cries of fury of a dying generation over the changes and progress that the world was making.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 15, 2015, 03:00:17 PM

Art Bell made a SAINT out of Father Malachi Martin, simply to garner ratings. But in the end, Martin was just an old man who could not deal with the modernization of the Catholic Church. He wanted it to stay in the 7th century AD as opposed to the 14th century AD (where it is now). Catholic DOGMA was all-important to Martin, and this made him seem totally out-of-touch with reality. He probably just fell down a flight of stairs and then claimed that demons did it. I felt sorry for him really. He represented that last cries of fury of a dying generation over the changes and progress that the world was making.

That show was a low point for Art Bell. Although the guest was a nut case, this was nothing rare for Art Bell. But for whatever reason, Art was in a very bad mood that night. He gave the poor guy a very bad time, which may be valid IF he had consistently done the same to other guests. But he usually let guests say whatever they wanted, and then let the audience decide. However, I did laugh when Thompson admitted that he was legally blind! So he was going to descend into the Earth's core even though he could not see.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 15, 2015, 03:00:17 PM

I don't know what his views were on the Council of Trent but he mostly disagreed with Vatican II from what I recall. It was interesting to hear him talk about John Paul II as a moderniser and a bit of an ecumenical wet lettuce, when most outsiders tended to regard him as pretty conservative, especially as he got older. Certainly some of those shows went away from paranormal stuff towards pretty dry talk about church doctrine but I still found them enjoyable. But that's Art; he could make the driest subjects interesting because he took the trouble to listen to what the guest was saying and then respond, so you felt that you were in a conversation, not listening to a bore recite a speech.

henge0stone

Early Malachi was really good. I liked the way he talked about the Christianity and history. One of my favorite interviews was when he was talking about how important love was in the Christian faith. A lady called up saying she wasn't Catholic because he hated the idea that you would go to hell for not believing despite being a good person. Malachi basically told her that with love in her heart she already knows god (he said it much more eloquently) and that she wouldn't go to hell if she's a good person. Another favorite was one where he said that all miracles were from god regardless of the religion and that all religions essentially were good. 

Later on he became more of a stickler though, implying that all Orthodox Christians were heretics and therefore going to hell.

Yeah older Malachi was better.

onan

Quote from: henge0stone on July 15, 2015, 06:15:32 PM
Early Malachi was really good. I liked the way he talked about the Christianity and history. One of my favorite interviews was when he was talking about how important love was in the Christian faith. A lady called up saying she wasn't Catholic because he hated the idea that you would go to hell for not believing despite being a good person. Malachi basically told her that with love in her heart she already knows god (he said it much more eloquently) and that she wouldn't go to hell if she's a good person. Another favorite was one where he said that all miracles were from god regardless of the religion and that all religions essentially were good. 

Later on he became more of a stickler though, implying that all Orthodox Christians were heretics and therefore going to hell.

Yeah older Malachi was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VALrCj8xhU

ChandlersDad

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 15, 2015, 03:18:17 PM
I don't know what his views were on the Council of Trent but he mostly disagreed with Vatican II from what I recall. It was interesting to hear him talk about John Paul II as a moderniser and a bit of an ecumenical wet lettuce, when most outsiders tended to regard him as pretty conservative, especially as he got older. Certainly some of those shows went away from paranormal stuff towards pretty dry talk about church doctrine but I still found them enjoyable. But that's Art; he could make the driest subjects interesting because he took the trouble to listen to what the guest was saying and then respond, so you felt that you were in a conversation, not listening to a bore recite a speech.

Yes, this is a real talent. Noory has had 10 years to gain this skill and still does not have it. I listened to a recent interview Noory did. He is still asking questions from a list his staff prepared, even if the guest has already answered the question! Appalling. There are so many amateur podcast interviewers that do a better job than Noory. Of course, I agree that few if any do a show every night of the week. That takes stamina, which I credit Noory as having. But he has never been able to turn an interview into a conversation.

Lord Grantham

So where do we stand on Dr. David Anderson and his time distortion fields? Dude was very articulate and believable. But the fact that 15 years after his coast interview we still don't have time warp fields preserving organs in every hospital throws up some red flags.

http://historybizarremysterious.blogspot.com/2012/03/strange-case-of-dr-david-lewis-anderson.html

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Lord Grantham on July 17, 2015, 04:40:54 PM
So where do we stand on Dr. David Anderson and his time distortion fields? Dude was very articulate and believable. But the fact that 15 years after his coast interview we still don't have time warp fields preserving organs in every hospital throws up some red flags.

http://historybizarremysterious.blogspot.com/2012/03/strange-case-of-dr-david-lewis-anderson.html

It's the first time I have even heard the name! You can get away with a lot if you have 'Dr' in front of your name. The one that always sticks out is Greer. How this man ever worked in an ER baffles me.

henge0stone

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 15, 2015, 02:42:09 PM
You have mentioned one of my favourite bits.

Dallas: Lisa's not in trouble, is she?
Art: That has yet to be determined.

LOL You know your too crazy for Art when the person who booked you is getting shit for it.  ;D

AceAzzameen

I love listening to them both, but Marzulli and Paulides are both charlatans of the highest order.

albrecht

Daniel Sheehan is "legitimate," educated, credentialed, etc. Conspiratorial view of world history but he is not "crazy," maybe a bit deluded in some of theories and tends to get into the weeds (which cost him some prominent lawsuits.)
December 16, 2007--> with Knapp
November 28, 2015--> with Jimmy Church