• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131003 - Linda Moulton Howe - Aliens, Cattle Mutilations, Etc.

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 03, 2013, 06:37:10 PM

Spinner

Quote from: Étouffée on October 03, 2013, 09:53:30 PM
I'm Greek!  I have yellow green brown eyes!  What the hell
does that mean? (except that I love baklava)
You are special. :) 

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2013, 09:55:18 PM
I think Whitley can tell you about the Greek connection.

I wish Whit hadn't handled the topic the way that he did.  Anyway, females don't usually join the "Greek" crowd.  I like lambs in a purely platonic "baaaaaa" way.

steelbot

Quote from: RedMichael on October 03, 2013, 10:02:16 PM
But in all seriousness I think there was a C2C episode of bigfoot being ghosts. If they (the bigfoot believers) could all go "Yea they are ghosts!" then the bones thing is thrown out the window (along with what credibility is left but thats beside the point). It doesn't help that they can't collectively get a story moderately straight either. But I do love to listen to the crazies on Dark Matter. Welcome back Bell.
I like the guy with the small thermal camera / infarared imagry stuff and balloons or small coptors - and just let em hang out over a "known" area for an entire summer/winter. 

SaucyRossy

And to be clear red Michael, I think you make great points. Just sparking convo.

NoMoreNoory

The death of containers. She lost me a while back.
The Bigfoot stuff was great. I have to disagree with Art about the impossibility of creatures 'hiding' in such a populous country as the US. Perhaps you have to come from the UK - 60 million people, about one-fifth the population of the US, in a landmass that fits inside California several times - to appreciate how relatively empty this country is. And then there's Canada: bigger land mass than the US with a smaller population than the UK. Even in a state such as Pennsylvania, I am struck when driving by how you pass hour upon hour of nothing but trees as far as the eye can see. We recently drove back from Lexington, Kentucky. For two hundred miles, there was nothing but dense forest on either side of the road. Do people ever really touch more than a fraction of that? If Bigfoot's there, it's his terrain, he knows it, he understands it. We don't. And Bigfoot knows us, and knows it's safer to stay the fuck away from these mad creatures.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 03, 2013, 09:58:46 PM
Stopping at the Flying J Truck Stop and refilling your coffee. Walking into the truck stop and Art is on their store radio.
Look across the street at the Knight Rest at $35 a night, but there is still another 2 hours of Art on the radio so you are ready for another 2 hours of driving.

They were good times and I didn't realize it when they were happening.

Perfectly said, I can add nothing to this.   :)

steelbot

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 03, 2013, 10:05:41 PM
And to be clear red Michael, I think you make great points. Just sparking convo.
Yeah - I'm trying to add to that as well - I think if you can get an area of coverage filmed continually for a 'season' you'd get some footage - and it's a great, fairly cheap to do i think, just needs the territory to have and an infrastructure in place to get the communication of footage back to a base not necessarily in the remote location.  I think the science has the best chance at saying here it is or not.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 03, 2013, 10:03:46 PM

How often are people digging for animal bones or even artifacts in the forests of Oregon, Washington, Appalachia, etc. ? That's a serious question. I was thinking about it.

Secondly, if the big foots live underground, there are immense cave systems we haven't even discovered, and if these are intelligent creatures, why wouldn't they bury their dead in some sort of special place to them?
Idaho is an important place for fossil digs.
Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2013, 10:01:21 PM
Dude, I saw you there. I was the dude wit the girlz in the VW van.
Oh yeah, you gave me directions to Tonopah.  :)

zeebo

How often are people digging for animal bones or even artifacts in the forests of Oregon, Washington, Appalachia, etc. ? That's a serious question. I was thinking about it.

Dude I live in Oregon.  Whenever we find bones in the woods we just pick 'em up and put 'em in the stock pot.  Don't ask no questions.  8)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 03, 2013, 10:09:24 PM
Idaho is an important place for fossil digs. Oh yeah, you gave me directions to Tonopah.  :)

Is Idaho a hotbed of Sasquatch sightings?

steelbot

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 03, 2013, 10:10:34 PM
all throughout the pacific north west and up thru alaska and samsquanch territory canada eh ? i kid i kid folks to my canadian friends....guess what our national park to the north is closed right now too =P

Northcoaster

Well, we are on the cusp of becoming an enlightened species. We are close to the perfect beings.

How many of you have noticed that Art says "bleef"?  It's disconcerting.

RedMichael

Red Michael.

Two questions.

Secondly, if the big foots live underground, there are immense cave systems we haven't even discovered, and if these are intelligent creatures, why wouldn't they bury their dead in some sort of special place to them?

1) I would think since a few centuries ago, they should have technically been rather free to roam incognito they would have died in many places., we would have found some bones through: land development, making roads, tunnels, etc etc. When you all the years this has been going on, how could they not have found some bones? I could even see people ignoring a large amount but eventually after find a skull or realizing the bones were much larger than humans.

I don't think anyone actively digs for sasquatches. Thats how you get locked up.

2) That is a possibility, i think its much more possible they don't exist though. I wouldn't equate burying bodies in a vast network of caves as a sign of intelligence though. Do these caves only apply to the pacific northwest? Are there caves in the Southwest? Canada (no, not the pacific northwest part), Asia? Thats a lot of vast intricate cave systems that have yet to be discovered. The entrances would have to be very large for something like a sasquatch to fit through.

steelbot

Quote from: Étouffée on October 03, 2013, 10:12:16 PM
eh - i'm done criticizing Art! =P

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 03, 2013, 10:10:34 PM
I think the 'squatch sighting area is Northern California near Mt. Shasta. The Trinity National Forest or Six Rivers area? I remember driving through a town with a bigfoot museum and a bigfoot festival or something.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Étouffée on October 03, 2013, 10:12:16 PM
It's his high desert accent.

steelbot

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 03, 2013, 10:14:52 PM
I think the 'squatch sighting area is Northern California near Mt. Shasta. The Trinity National Forest or Six Rivers area? I remember driving through a town with a bigfoot museum and a bigfoot festival or something.
Himalayan Yeti....they've been reported all over the place....which kinda adds to ...MORE places we should have found bones by now...

Scully

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2013, 09:18:31 PM
Scully's at the party.
8)

Hi, Aldous. You're always an irresistible part of the party.  Love ya.  Mean it.  ;)

zeebo

Ok I admit, I've kinda zoned out here for the last 45 mins. or so, not really sure what the heck she's talking about.  And yet, I'm still really enjoying it.  What is it with this show?  It's like some kind of warm blanket that wraps around my head and makes me goofy inside.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: RedMichael on October 03, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
1) I would think since a few centuries ago, they should have technically been rather free to roam incognito they would have died in many places., we would have found some bones through: land development, making roads, tunnels, etc etc. When you all the years this has been going on, how could they not have found some bones? I could even see people ignoring a large amount but eventually after find a skull or realizing the bones were much larger than humans.

2) That is a possibility, i think its much more possible they don't exist though. I wouldn't equate burying bodies in a vast network of caves as a sign of intelligence though.

I don't know the facts so this is my speculation but my guess would be that the land they are on haven't been excavated for bones etc and and major construction projects wouldn't stop for some bones unless they were CLEARLY humanoid or dinosaur fossils. And animal bones are usually scattered and in massive peaces. So it's not easy to picture what the animal was. My guess is we've driven over more Bigfoot bones in the asphalt on our roads than we could imagine. Haha

Also, my guess is their is a VERY small population left if they aren't extinct but could of existed well into the 70's.

aldousburbank

Quote from: steelbot on October 03, 2013, 10:15:56 PM
Himalayan Yeti....they've been reported all over the place....which kinda adds to ...MORE places we should have found bones by now...
So that leaves, burying/burning with no trace, or eating, their dead.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 03, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

From No. Cal. to So. Ore. ... near my neck of the woods is this, an actual "bigfoot trap":

http://www.mdvaden.com/collings_mountain.shtml

Quote from: steelbot on October 03, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
eh - i'm done criticizing Art! =P

Bot, you are taking the higher path...it's just that when the show is coming at you only through the ears, it's hard not to notice the bumps...the incongruities...the tangents to Noory that I don't want!

SaucyRossy

Linda has gone completely into pure awesome crazy territory. This is some wild stuff.
Anyone imbibing while listening to this. I bet it makes it even crazier haha