• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ANTIGRAVITY DEVELOPMENT- ideas welcome

Started by grifter, March 07, 2013, 03:20:09 AM

grifter

So, lets get a thread going about gravity. Questions are as welcome as theories.  Don't be afraid to sound stupid. It just might help. Creativity is just as important as knowledge.

Let me start us off-

if gravity is a particle, why does gravity pull photons? photons have no mass, so I call BS on the HIGGS. Gravity is a wave.

Recognizing what gravity is, is the first step. Now how do we use this to make an engine?

grifter

here's some tips that are scientifically sound- (trust me, ive spent years trying to disprove it. it's all legit, as far as human science can show).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAc6sD4izJY

onan

Quote from: grifter on March 07, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
is this the wrong website for this?
No, most of us usually discuss less technical issues, but there are a few here that, I would think, could offer some very in depth conversation.

Morgus

Quote from: grifter on March 07, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
is this the wrong website for this?
might work better if you always add the theme of this website to your topics, in other words how it relates to Noory sucking...  8)

grifter

Quote from: Morgus on March 07, 2013, 02:37:39 PM
might work better if you always add the theme of this website to your topics, in other words how it relates to Noory sucking...  8)

i have to deal with NOORY sucking ass on c2c every night. is it not enough that the only c2c site i take seriously is georgenoorysucks.com?

ps; noory is just so stupid. its incredible how he has a job. guy cant even use english correctly.

Quote from: grifter on March 07, 2013, 03:20:09 AM
So, lets get a thread going about gravity. Questions are as welcome as theories.  Don't be afraid to sound stupid. It just might help. Creativity is just as important as knowledge.

Let me start us off-

if gravity is a particle, why does gravity pull photons? photons have no mass, so I call BS on the HIGGS. Gravity is a wave.

Recognizing what gravity is, is the first step. Now how do we use this to make an engine?

As far as I know, at this point gravitons are purely theoretical objects and are not part of the standard model.
Gravity doesn't pull photons, it warps the space around them. I definitely can't back this up as I know only the basics of special relativity (I'm taking GR next quarter) 

I have heard talk about 'warp drives' though, for faster-than-light travel. The speed of light is a constant but apparently space can be curved such that you could arrive at a destination faster than light, though you never actually go faster than c...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I have heard people talking seriously about it.

grifter

Quote from: thefamilyghost on March 08, 2013, 01:21:35 AM
I have heard talk about 'warp drives' though, for faster-than-light travel. The speed of light is a constant but apparently space can be curved such that you could arrive at a destination faster than light, though you never actually go faster than c...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I have heard people talking seriously about it.

Think of it this way-
there is no limit to how fast you can fall. thats the idea a warp drive uses. at least, the one aliens use.

coaster

Quote from: grifter on March 08, 2013, 01:50:29 AM

there is no limit to how fast you can fall.
I think there is actually. Its called terminal velocity.

grifter

Quote from: coaster on March 08, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
I think there is actually. Its called terminal velocity.

That only applies when you're falling through something. space is nothing...unless you wanna talk about virtual particles.

the only way to tell if virtual particles apply and make terminal velocity is if we go near 2 different sized black holes and measure.

coaster

Quote from: grifter on March 08, 2013, 02:53:21 AM
That only applies when you're falling through something. space is nothing...unless you wanna talk about virtual particles.

the only way to tell if virtual particles apply and make terminal velocity is if we go near 2 different sized black holes and measure.
Of course.  I pulled a Noory there. I guess my brain wasnt working, I didnt assume you were talking about being in a  vacuum, and its quite obvious to me now that you were.

Juan

Quote from: coaster on March 08, 2013, 03:02:59 AM
  I pulled a Noory there.
We're still working through this new addition to the English language.  Should "Noory" in this use be capitalized?  I think not.

Space is not a vacuum.  It has all that dark matter.

benrest

This experiment, though not specifically about antigravity, may reveal a naturally occurring self-organizing mechanism that resides in the vacuum of space. These structures are constantly formed and maintained by celestial objects throughout the universe. Further discovery will allow the control and movement of an object without the application of force. This experiment only reveals its basic existence.

The experiment requires a glass ball, "crystal ball" used as a second mass in addition to the experimenter. I used a 6" (150mm) diameter ~ 9 lb (4Kg) ball. There is a sequence to the experiment that has to be followed or else I am fairly certain it will fail. It also needs to be performed on solid ground - no basements or crawlspaces below.

It involves this important sequence: ***FIRST*** rotate yourself and the ball held in your right hand somewhat away from your waist, in the CCW direction (as viewed from above) for several revolutions. ***THEN***, while maintaining rotation of yourself, reverse the ball's rotation by passing it hand to hand around your waist in the opposite direction of your own rotation, forming an orbit close to your waist. But do not bring the ball to zero velocity WRT earth. Allow slow CCW orbit of ball WRT earth. If successful, you will feel the ball tug at your waist, and at that instant you will no longer need to balance yourself.

Proceed at your own risk. Should you consider giving it a try, I would suggest surrounding the area with cushioned gym or exercise mats in case you loose balance and take a fall. Also provide a carpet and additional rug to prevent breakage in the event the ball is dropped, which may occur in one mode of the experiment.

More detailed info at link below.

http://inertiaexp.com

or

http://sites.google.com/site/diygravity

--

benrest

>The experiment requires a glass ball, "crystal ball" used as a second mass in addition to >the experimenter. I used a 6" (150mm) diameter ~ 9 lb (4Kg) ball.

Correction: The experiment doesn't require a glass ball, but requires a suitable mass.  The mass I had available to me happened to be made of glass. It's density and transparency come in handy however.