• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

John Hogue

Started by BigDave, February 18, 2013, 12:34:32 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 13, 2013, 10:07:05 AM
Art's response was fantastic.  He comes across as genuine and witty, and he even managed to get in a swipe at Noory.  ;D

The Jolly Roger still proudly waves.  ;)

Quote from: JimAlmquist on October 13, 2013, 08:34:21 AM
     Hey, I'm the one who scooped it at 301 am east coast time. Lol, whoo whoo,.I was stoned when I first read it & had to do a double take. Hoagie is nothing but a huckster & a snake oil salesman. I hope he prophesies my fist on his face if I ever see that carnie... :o

This is awesome

NowhereInTime

I just posted on Mr. Hogue's website a retort disdainful of his critique.  I, for one, am grateful when Art expedites hucksterism to push toward concise, respectful answers.  A caller's question is not an opportunity to explain what you wrote in each chapter.
As listeners, we are cognizant of the existence of whatever proprietary vehicle is behind the guest's appearance and vulgar, Shatner-esque plugs and references in every answer dull the program, dulll the senses, and wither the guest's credibility.
If you are a future guest reading this board please take note: Dark Matter listeners will know if you have a book or website to sell; please don't beat us over the head with it.

The guy was a windbag on the air and in his written response. Somebody had to reign him in..good god...the interview would still be going.

dortmunder

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 13, 2013, 09:07:17 AM
Loved Art's response. He's not taking crap from anyone, John Hogue in particular. And he's right. If Hogue wants a platform where he can whine incessantly about how brilliant he is, how he's self-taught, how he scorns modern scholasticism, his girlfriend and other topics that, frankly, made me want to turn the interview off, go to George where he'll hear "Absolutely" over and over again and never be challenged.

Art isn't George, thank the gods. And Hogue isn't a good interview, either. If he bridles at being challenged, then he's proving to one and all he's a BS artist, and an unprofessional one, at that. All in all, I had more fun listening to the much reviled Hoagland go at it with Art and relish the opportunity to be challenged than I did with Hogue who is a boring mess of self-pity and self-promotion.

Art didn't make Hogue look bad. Hogue did that himself with a colossal ego and a paper thin skin.

Go git 'em, Art!

At least Hoagland doesn't get all butthurt about it.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on October 13, 2013, 10:58:06 AM
I just posted on Mr. Hogue's website a retort disdainful of his critique.  I, for one, am grateful when Art expedites hucksterism to push toward concise, respectful answers.  A caller's question is not an opportunity to explain what you wrote in each chapter.
As listeners, we are cognizant of the existence of whatever proprietary vehicle is behind the guest's appearance and vulgar, Shatner-esque plugs and references in every answer dull the program, dulll the senses, and wither the guest's credibility.
If you are a future guest reading this board please take note: Dark Matter listeners will know if you have a book or website to sell; please don't beat us over the head with it.

How would I find your comment, Nowhere?  I perused the site (for the first time) and see no obvious direction to take. 

Ravenna

Funny how he inserts a photo of Grumpy Cat.  Ha!

I think Art doesn't really believe in a lot of what John has to say, and that makes John feel uncomfortable.  He's probably not very used to being called on his shit.

I also picked up a frisson of "disliking" coming from Art towards John a few times.  (Surprised though that he would have the guy on his show if he didn't like him).

eddie dean

Quote from: ziznak on October 13, 2013, 01:22:00 AM
holy fuck... how dare you soil grumpy cat and art in the same shitty explaination of your poop... i liked this show... but to read this... makes me very mad. may have to photoshop some love scenes with him and noory since that show was so profoud.... wtf.... mr hogue.... your only a few letters from douche.... very prophetic it seems.. asshole.

Quote from: JimAlmquist on October 13, 2013, 01:25:56 AM

How about Hogue with Dave's c0ck in his mouth...

No need to photoshop this, I'm sure the real thing exists somewhere out there!! ;D

widespread1

Quote from: area51drone on October 13, 2013, 03:51:19 AM
God damned, this guy knows how to ramble and ramble and ramble.  I gave up about half way through his letter.

John Hogue:
Uh, let's rephrase that, it should read:

I no longer have the time or the need to appear on shows where hosts don’t read me and allow me to spread my lies in order to sell my books.

The fact is that if you talk at something long enough, if people are still listening, you will usually say something that will make sense to them somewhere.  And it only takes a few "making senses" to get people to listen to you - they will throw the bad out and listen only to the good.  This is why psychics work.   This is what Hogue needs in order to convince people he's right.  And Art wasn't allowing it.  I don't blame Art.   If you can't answer a question without going through 30 minutes of setup then maybe your answer isn't correct.   Art is the master at knowing how to flow a program.  Hogue has it *exactly* backwards.  Noory is the lazy one that will let him talk and talk and talk.   Art is sharp as a tack.   Personally, I would avoid guests like this guy anyway, I hope Art listens to Hogue and refuses to have him back on.

you arent kidding... take a look at his biography on his website. His first sentence says he hates writing about himself and then a books worth proceeds... now that is an ego.

Morgus

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on October 13, 2013, 09:14:48 AM
And then Art rips right back on his Facebook page...
Yep, here is a quote of Art's new facebook posting from earlier today responding to John Hogue's recent posting:

Art Bell posted on Facebook:
John Hogue has decided to blast me on his Facebook page AFTER the show was over, saying among other things that I was unprofessional and did not let him respond to profound questions with profound and never ending answers. You also kept saying “read my book” again and again. Yes, I did try to move you along for the sake of our listener’s. If you felt slighted you could have sent me a private message or even called, perhaps a message here on Facebook because you are in my friends list, or responded on the spot since you were there on air, but no, none of that. Not my idea of professional but alright, since you went public I guess this is the correct
forum to respond in.

I am sorry you felt hurried John but my view is that if you want a Host who will introduce you and then take a nap I know you know where to find him, not my idea of professional, or perhaps your own show where you can profoundly drone on till the cows come home. I know when a Guest is so interesting that I should just keep my mouth shut and do many times. That was not one of those nights.

DM is real Radio and I have no intention of allowing it to be hijacked by Guest’s who are unwilling to have a dialog. If you want to make a speech please run for office.

I try very hard to be polite to my Guest’s but I also have a responsibility to my listener’s if required, and it was. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

wenck

What a werido. I think some people are getting to used to getting "interviewed" by Snoory.

WOTR

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2013, 05:10:03 AM
Don't you start on George too! He has the best moustache in radio. That CANNOT be debated!
I know... I know.  I will head over to the Geroge Noory is Awesome thread and post that again to remind everyone.  It is sad that a thread as good as that one has not had a post in half a week.

eddie dean

Quote from: wenck on October 13, 2013, 03:11:31 PM
What a werido. I think some people are getting to used to getting "interviewed" by Snoory.

Exactly!
Also Hogue forgets that he probably had more actual air time with Art than with C2C due to fewer commercial  breaks on Dark Matter.

popple

John is such a twat. And then he said next time he's on the show he expects it to be different. His excessive use of "grumpy cat" is also desperate. Doin the most.

LOL! GURL, BYE.

wenck

Quote from: popple on October 13, 2013, 04:01:29 PM
John is such a twat. And then he said next time he's on the show he expects it to be different. His excessive use of "grumpy cat" is also desperate. Doin the most.

LOL! GURL, BYE.

And what makes that arsehole think he'll be back on the show after that hissy fit? Maybe Nostradamus told him he would be...

popple

Art took him down. Truly there was no reason to write a 10 foot long article about how he felt this was his worst interview with Art ever.

Waiting for the passive aggressive and vague status updates to show up daily on JH's FB page. Slink back to Gnoory and his play skool "radio show". You can't handle the university of DM.

Cynnie

Quote from: popple on October 13, 2013, 04:13:19 PM
Art took him down. Truly there was no reason to write a 10 foot long article about how he felt this was his worst interview with Art ever.

Waiting for the passive aggressive and vague status updates to show up daily on JH's FB page. Slink back to Gnoory and his play skool "radio show". You can't handle the university of DM.

I love alllll of this ^^

Ravenna

Art makes great points here:

"You also kept saying “read my book” again and again. Yes, I did try to move you along for the sake of our listener’s.----
I am sorry you felt hurried John but my view is that if you want a Host who will introduce you and then take a nap I know you know where to find him, not my idea of professional, or perhaps your own show where you can profoundly drone on till the cows come home. I know when a Guest is so interesting that I should just keep my mouth shut and do many times. That was not one of those nights."

By John saying "read my book" so often and refusing to have a dialogue with Art over aspects of said book, but instead remaining mysterious to what the book actually says (in an obvious attempt  to get people intrigued enough to buy his book), showed how classless John Hogue is.  These appearances are ALL about just selling the book, and not having a legitimate dialogue about prophecy or what Hogue's supposed prophecies even mean (if indeed they do anything at all).

I hope Art never asks him back on the show again.

popple

Funny how eloquently Art dismembered JH in 1/100th of the page space he used to go on his rant and plug his books every 4 sentences.

Foodlion

John Hogue was on C2C Jan - 4th -2013 and said nothing detrimental after that interview by Whitley Strieber.

This is a case a loser hating a challenging interview. 

Dreamland: John Hogue On 2013: The Future Has Arrived, So What Does It Mean? 1-04-2013

5 minutes in and his first prediction is wrong. He spoke of a drought this year that followed last years.

I lost almost all of my crop because of rain this year, as did most of everyone I know. Texas got their fair share of rain as well. I cannot seem to find any "record breaking" drought he speaks of.

Also, this idiot talks about climate change and a dust bowl starting in 2013? Pfft. What a phony.

scottydawg

Bravo King Art! Spot on! ;D We want to be informed and entertained listening to your show every night, not bored to tears or lulled to sleep by a guest full of hot air and himself! >:(

DanTSX

I like how he still manages to poke one at noory ;D

BobGrau

Quote from: wenck on October 13, 2013, 04:10:40 PM
And what makes that arsehole think he'll be back on the show after that hissy fit?

'cos it'll make for great radio.

DanTSX

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 13, 2013, 09:34:28 AM
Art is a master of the spoken word, but his punctuation is all over the road. Learn where to use an apostrophe, Art!

Art Bell is a successful, world recognized broadcaster, and paranormal radio host.

And you are apparently a high school English Teacher.

Thanks for your input.

Quick Karl

I went to Hogue's site prior to his appearance on Dark Matter because I didn't know who he was. After reading some of the passages posted on his site I was compelled to send an email off letting him know just how I felt about the clearly biASSED nonsense he published, and that I would have to skip listening to Art for the episode he would be on.

Predictably, the email I received in reply sounded as if written by an angry hysterical 14-yr old. He even threated to "steal and use" the idiom "biASSED" without ever giving me credit for it...

I am glad I skipped the show!

BobGrau

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 13, 2013, 06:50:42 PM
...Predictably, the email I received in reply sounded as if written by an angry hysterical 14-yr old. He even threated to "steal and use" the idiom "biASSED" without ever giving me credit for it...

Huh! That's your story. Quit taking credit for Hogue's idiom!

BobGrau

Quote from: wotr1 on October 13, 2013, 05:01:25 AM
I do not think that Fill said anything wrong.  There was no reference made to exactly who the host is that naps...  On the other hand, you seem to automatically assume that Art was referring to George. ;)

[attachimg=1]
I am the one who naps

Edit: I must figure out how to do that white memefont thingy sometime.

Heather Wade

JH obviously has no idea who he is messing with. 

I loved what Art said about, "If you want a host to introduce you and then take a nap I know where you can find him."  Ha haa haaa.  Funniest thing I've heard Art say since "Bulging Bell curve"!

110% Class Act Mr. Bell. 

There are so many interesting people who want to be on Dark Matter.  Art, my faraway friend, if you are reading this, don't sweat it like I know you are prone to do.  You're the Man, you've proved it once again, and we are all behind you. 

Thinking back about Hogue's many guest appearances with Dorch (Dave + Jorch), plus his appearance on Dorch's web *talk show*, I wonder if any of this was a set up. When Art first announced he was coming back, the Nooryites countered on the C2C fb page with how Art is short and rude to his guests. I wouldn't put anything past PremRat, especially if they can make Art look bad and try to stem the bleedout of C2C Streamlink members.