• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What kind of phone do you have?

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 22, 2012, 03:00:16 AM

stevesh

LG flip phone - $20 at Tracfone, with $10 KFC gift certificate and double minutes for life.

Juan

$50 Walmart phone. $30 a month. I should have looked at a Tracphone.

McPhallus

Quote from: Em Vee on December 22, 2012, 03:00:16 AM
I love my Galaxy Nexus.

iPhone 5.  Sometimes I miss the days of $40 monthly bills and having a phone that required charging maybe once a week.

McPhallus

Quote from: Sardondi on December 22, 2012, 08:52:22 AM

Reminds me of those retro-style French rotary phones my mom had when I was growing up.  Those things used to drive me nuts.

Eddie Coyle

I just hate when people call overnight when it's cold,

HorrorRetro

Ha.  I actually have a vintage pay phone on my kitchen wall.  It's operational, but I don't have a land line.

I have an LG Optimus on Virgin Mobile.  I pay less than $50 for unlimited everything.

Pragmier

LOL aren't those made for each other?

BTW Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G T-Mobile $60 all inclusive.

Sardondi

Quote from: Pragmier on December 22, 2012, 11:56:24 AM

LOL aren't those made for each other?

BTW Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G T-Mobile $60 all inclusive.

Precisely.

coaster

rotary all the way. I get annoyed seeing people with their cell phones. Its become an extension of their hands.

analog kid

None. No land line and have never owned a cell phone.

Not trying to be a hipster, just some kind of social anxiety or something.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on December 22, 2012, 07:28:01 PM

I've never had a cell phone either...and almost entirely based on social anxiety, ie: wanting to avoid contact. I detest and despise phones...usually due to who is on the other end.

McPhallus

Quote from: analog kid on December 22, 2012, 07:28:01 PM

Ironically, I have massive social anxiety and don't use the phone much to actually talk.  If I ever need to avoid interaction, I can just stare into the phone and find something to distract me.

HorrorRetro

Another social anxiety sufferer here.  I only use my phone to keep in touch with my daughter and husband.  If I don't recognize the caller, I don't answer. 

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 22, 2012, 07:33:03 PM
         I've never had a cell phone either...and almost entirely based on social anxiety, ie: wanting to avoid contact. I detest and despise phones...usually due to who is on the other end.

I do too as well. Have had severe OCD all my life, emphasis on the obsessive part, so I have to live with my memories all day and forever. Not even approaching the severity of hyperthymesia by any stretch, but what I avoid is making new memories. Which means avoiding social interaction. Might not be impeccable logic, but it's the easy way out, I guess.

Still haven't decided whether I like people or despise them totally.

analog kid

Quote from: HorrorRetro on December 22, 2012, 08:43:22 PM
Another social anxiety sufferer here.  I only use my phone to keep in touch with my daughter and husband.  If I don't recognize the caller, I don't answer.

Hugs.

analog kid

Quote from: McPhallus on December 22, 2012, 08:37:37 PM
Ironically, I have massive social anxiety and don't use the phone much to actually talk.  If I ever need to avoid interaction, I can just stare into the phone and find something to distract me.

Really relate to that.

And I'm very drunk, so I'll shut up now.

Eddie Coyle

Social anxiety goes hand and hand with fear/dread- causing pessimistic thoughts, therefore only expecting bad news/annoyance from a phone call. It's funny, I can be quite garrulous...but not on the phone, ever. I always figure the person on the other end is rolling their eyes or yawning, doing things they'd never to do you face to face. So phones trigger my paranoia as well.

I used to be a unregenerate crank caller, of radio stations, random people(from age 9-19)...but it was in character, never being myself, so in that context I didn't mind phones, which is another testementary to my mental disorders. Yay.

ziznak

I'm awesome on the phone whether cranking or just being me... unless im like drunk or some crap.  I have noticed though that I have somewhat of an issue with cellphones becoming more like leashing devices in relationships.  I hate how even people you're not involved with act like your such a dick cause you didnt answer the phone.  My phone is on silent no vibrate about 90 percent of the time.  For me it's just a messaging service... I never answer numbers I don't know from my own zipcode since any other zipcodes are usually assumed to be work related.  I still have a lot of people that contact me about certain products that I no longer have in stock too so... thats got a bit to do with it.

my phone is a shitty huwei 8800 or something like that... it was the companies first android phone and it's really not that bad... runs most of what i need to do even gaming wise.  of course I have it as tricked out as I can get it... its rooted and everything on it that would normally cost money is stolen... yay piratebay for apps!

Samsung Fascinate.  Will freeze up on me all the time for stupid reasons.

Eddie Coyle

Calling 900 numbers on other people's lines...and then taking said phone,placing it out of view and walking away was always a bit of fun. Hopefully that person would not notice for hours.

Then the phone bill comes and they owe 1-900 BON JOVI about 700 bucks.

I Love the 80's.

ziznak

eddie's got me watching old crankyankers shit on yewwwwwtube

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on December 23, 2012, 12:10:44 AM
eddie's got me watching old crankyankers shit on yewwwwwtube
Viacom blows, they pull everything down instantly...but I still got the old DVD's. Niles Standish rules.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on December 22, 2012, 11:38:19 AM
Ha.  I actually have a vintage pay phone on my kitchen wall.  It's operational, but I don't have a land line.

I have an LG Optimus on Virgin Mobile.  I pay less than $50 for unlimited everything.

I just moved from Virgin Mobile. I absolutely couldn't take their network any longer (especially where data is concerned). I hope it's better where u live.

Land Line,Old Western Electric 'Princess 'phone.If I travel I go buy a GoPhone Last one was a Samsung.Gives me the 'willies' to microwave my head.I liked older cell phones I could use a wired earphone/mic. with.I am uncomfortable with thought of HF RF next to my head.Call me parinoid.I do not connect safety to having HF RF microwave Freq. next to my brain without shielding it. I am old enough to remember regulations occurring long after much damage has been done and parinoid enough to think some things may have been for motives beyond mere greed.

coaster

Quote from: analog kid on December 22, 2012, 09:22:51 PM
I do too as well. Have had severe OCD all my life, emphasis on the obsessive part
Its better to think too much than it is to think too little. I understand OCD all too well.

ziznak

I'm actually very surprised at the "elderly people afraid of technology" vibe I get in this thread.  I really figured everybody had some sort of cell phone here.