• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2012 - Mayans - The Calendar - End of the World - Blah blah...

Started by Camazotz Automat, April 09, 2008, 01:44:37 PM

MV/Liberace!

bunk. 

usually, the people who believe this end times shit are old people who are approaching death and are incapable of believing the world will carry on when they're gone.

HorrorRetro

It's my 18th wedding anniversary.  8)

coaster

All this is based on a misinterpreted calendar that was made by  people who couldn't even see their own demise but predicted the end of the world? I believe it.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2012, 12:29:02 PM
bunk. 

usually, the people who believe this end times shit are old people who are approaching death and are incapable of believing the world will carry on when they're gone.

I call - let's see those cards, Mister.

And btw, bunk. Next question.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on October 04, 2012, 04:20:48 AM
Not going to bring out the mistletoe belt buckle again, are you ?

The one day a year I wear a belt. Then it goes back on the rafters of the attic.

McPhallus

There's always that hint of disappointment when absolutely nothing actually happens.

coaster

People are just so disillusioned or bored with life that they are looking for something different. Anything to change the life they have. This is why people believe in some event happening on 2012. Its the same reason people put their faith in these weird new age cultish people like David Wilcock, Hoagland etc etc. These people need years of therapy.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 04, 2012, 01:50:34 PM
        Thursday for me...I can relate.

Mine was, uh, very low-key. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 04, 2012, 02:05:04 PM
Mine was, uh, very low-key.

Barely enough for a game of 3 on 3 hoops at mine. ;D

In between a parking ticket dispute and permit for a driveway at a residence.

CoastCanuck

I haven't spent enough time to know if it's for real or not (depends on which website)... so I will say perhaps the Federal Reserve Charter expires 12/21/2012....

Juan

I'm hoping for doom - we need something different to do.

If the solar flare one is true, I'm putting my laptop in a microwave as a poor man's Faraday cage.  That way, if it does happen, I'll have the only working hard drive on campus.

Juan

I know a guy who is a consultant to power companies around the country.  He says they are taking both the EMP and solar flare threats seriously and are working to prevent problems.  He says they are also taking computer hacking threats seriously.  He won't, of course, tell me what they are doing.

assuming nothing happens, how do the numerous 2012/Ancient Aliens-type authors(Andrew Collins,Graham Hancock,Von Daniken et al) save their careers?

maybe they should get some failed predictions excuses advice from Ed "Jet stream lowering to the ground" Dames

Morgus

Quote from: NefariousBanana on October 04, 2012, 08:10:09 PM
If the solar flare one is true, I'm putting my laptop in a microwave as a poor man's Faraday cage.  That way, if it does happen, I'll have the only working hard drive on campus.
but once your battery runs down, it won't matter because supposedly the whole power grid will go down for years and nobody will be able to recharge their batteries for electronics...

Morgus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 05, 2012, 11:37:50 AM
assuming nothing happens, how do the numerous 2012/Ancient Aliens-type authors(Andrew Collins,Graham Hancock,Von Daniken et al) save their careers?

maybe they should get some failed predictions excuses advice from Ed "Jet stream lowering to the ground" Dames

since most have been saying nothing is probably going to happen on the exact date, but could happen over the next several years or decades, that isn't a problem...  8)

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 04, 2012, 12:43:15 AM

It's the Friday before Christmas, which means a bigger disaster awaits.

A drunk, stoned Coyle and hijinks at various Christmas parties. Possible consanguineous hookups always dangerously close.
I'm afraid this is my fate as well.

coaster

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 05, 2012, 11:37:50 AM

I wouldnt put graham hancock in the same boat as von daniken.

George49

Bunk! Bunk! Bunk! Just a way for Noory to get ratings.

But Doom is coming for Noory after the date passes.

Not gonna happen... Even Richard C. Hoagland agrees. There's something seriously wrong with that flooded US map... A lot of Oregon would be pretty well protected by the Cascades. And what would EVER cause such tsunami as would flood BOTH the East and West Coasts. LOL

Nucky Nolan

Any strange event, major or minor, will be tied to that date. It could be a huge disaster. Obama could stub his toe. It doesn't matter. There will be a lot of Monday morning "prophesying". The experts and the psychics will try to make their square pegs fit into round holes. They then will move onto the next end-of-the-world scenario. Their failed 2012 predictions will be forgotten by the true believers.

Juan

I thought the world ended in May of 2011.

In a really weird (non)connection, the Artificial Intelligence I have been building for the last 3 years should finally be ready on December 21, 2012.

Its processing data still and after my last hard drive crash the new estimated time to completion is December 21.

Jasmine

"Physical pole shift causing massive earth changes".

I'm going with this one, as many men I know, including my husband, have mysteriously switched from tight briefs to loose fitting boxer shorts in the past two years. I have been closely monitoring this situation in progress with my remote viewing skills.

eddie dean

total bunk... But I wonder what will be the next "event" the fear mongers will latch on to? They have to keep the public scared of something.. Maybe the 2026 asteroid, or is it 2036?.