• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

area51drone

I haven't heard of this guy, so I don't really know much about him other than a few short clips I have seen on youtube, but I'm curious what you all think of Phil Schneider.   I am surprised that his wikipedia page is permanently deleted, whether or not he is a fake - it seems odd, as there are plenty of other fakes out there that are listed in wikipedia.

area51drone

Quote from: Jackstar on May 17, 2014, 02:02:23 AM
Curious. What is it like, not knowing?

LOL, right?  That show was pretty much worthless.  I watched it because I like that kind of stuff, but to call it "are we alone in the universe" is a joke.   Should have been titled "the search for extrasolar planets"

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on May 19, 2014, 12:51:35 AM
http://ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com/2014/05/former-military-man-on-ufos-over.html

Are you just posting this stuff for us to keep us informed bdubb, or are you posting only stuff that you believe in to make a point?   Just curious.

I probably believe the guy, just as I probably believe many of the other military guys who've reported sightings while on the job too.   I do think CSETI sucks though, and I am very suspicious of anything that comes out of Greer's queer mouth.

b_dubb

he has an interesting story and seemed like a believable witness. I posted it here so others could view and form their own opinions.

area51drone

Has anyone ever confirmed that Stan Deyo actually attended the USAF Academy?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on June 07, 2014, 01:11:20 AM

Did he attend USAFA?  Maybe.  Did he graduate from USAFA?  No.  He's not listed in the Academy's assoication of graduates, nor is he a member of the AFA.  His own bio indicates he didn't graduate, stating,"Upon returning to Dallas from USAFA, Stan trained in computer programming at IBM."  Had he graduated, he would have gone on active duty, not returned to Dallas to work for IBM.  Of course he could have gone to IBM after his mandatory tour of duty after graduating, but that's not what his bio says.

Lots of kids leave the military academies for any number of reasons.  If a cadet/mid leaves an academy before the start of their third year, they can do so without any obligation to the military.  They leave after the first day of their third year, they are obligated to serve their mandatory tour as an enlisted man/woman.

Also thought this nuggest from his bio was chuckle worthy:

He was the only 4th class cadet who received written permission from General Curtis E. LeMay (head of S.A.C. at the time) to drink coffee and sit at ease during meals - which was not the norm for 4th class cadets.

Anyone see a problem with this claim?

wr250

Quote from: area51drone on June 07, 2014, 01:11:20 AM
he has stated on an old coast program, he did not graduate , he and some classmates resigned in protest of something that i cant remember.

area51drone

Quote from: wr250 on June 07, 2014, 06:03:01 PM
he has stated on an old coast program, he did not graduate , he and some classmates resigned in protest of something that i cant remember.

Yeah it was in his first interview with Art in 1995.  But I was curious if he ever did actually attend.  Someone would remember him, right Uncle?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on June 08, 2014, 03:12:00 AM
Yeah it was in his first interview with Art in 1995.  But I was curious if he ever did actually attend.  Someone would remember him, right Uncle?

Sure.  If he was allowed to eat meals at ease as a doolie, I promise you his classmates would remember him.  Unless, of course, "they" erased his life like they did Lazar. *laughs*

zeebo

Just saw a blurb on the Pacific Northwest news about UFO sightings in Washington, and ye olde Peter Davenport was featured.  Expect an update at Noory-time.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on June 30, 2014, 07:30:10 PM
Just saw a blurb on the Pacific Northwest news about UFO sightings in Washington, and ye olde Peter Davenport was featured.  Expect an update at Noory-time.

More  "orange fireballs" or something solid?

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 30, 2014, 07:53:46 PM
More  "orange fireballs" or something solid?

I think I heard "strange lights" which could be fireball-ish, or something else perhaps.

b_dubb

http://www.openminds.tv/grandmother-says-wright-patterson-ufo-alien-stories-true/29129

Credible?  Second hand anecdote.  But the language used to respond to the woman's query was interesting.  I'd expect it to be more direct if it were a hoax.

VtaGeezer

The bloom is off the rose. In the 80's this stuff was intriguing. 35 years of technical advancement later and the same old non-evidence.  Enough already.  Sagan was right about the two ants.

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on July 26, 2014, 11:27:24 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucedorminey/2014/07/23/crowdsourcing-the-search-for-alien-artifacts/

I have a similar (sort of) idea.   I would like to create two crowd funded & crowd sourced UFO searching devices:  1) A passive FM radar that many people could put on their roofs that would watch for odd data and upload it to a central server and 2) a "sky watch" very low light camera system that would simply watch the sky, and record anything changing in the image during both the night and day.    It too would upload to a server but then you'd have humans watching the clips for anything strange.  When something strange is detected, hopefully there would be some passive radar stations to back up the video.   

Right now, besides my time being extremely limited, the technology just isn't there for layman to own.  #2 would be extremely costly and most people would not be able to afford it.   I've researched it and low light camera sensors are just way too much money, and you can forget completely about night vision.   When it comes down to a price where the device can be made for about $100, I'll dive into it further.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on July 27, 2014, 05:50:25 AM
I have a similar (sort of) idea.   I would like to create two crowd funded & crowd sourced UFO searching devices:  1) A passive FM radar that many people could put on their roofs that would watch for odd data and upload it to a central server and 2) a "sky watch" very low light camera system that would simply watch the sky, and record anything changing in the image during both the night and day.    It too would upload to a server but then you'd have humans watching the clips for anything strange.  When something strange is detected, hopefully there would be some passive radar stations to back up the video.   

Right now, besides my time being extremely limited, the technology just isn't there for layman to own.  #2 would be extremely costly and most people would not be able to afford it.   I've researched it and low light camera sensors are just way too much money, and you can forget completely about night vision.   When it comes down to a price where the device can be made for about $100, I'll dive into it further.

UFO detector apps for smart phones are free.

b_dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 27, 2014, 08:27:28 AM
UFO detector apps for smart phones are free.
And completely worthless

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on July 27, 2014, 11:58:52 PM
And completely worthless

Oh sure.  Next I suppose you're going to tell us the ghost detector apps are "completely worthless" as well.  You debunkers are all the same.

onan

My UFO detector  is working perfectly. It hasn't detected any. Which is proof that UFO's don't exist.

b_dubb

Listening to this episode of the Unexplained with Howard Hughes and it seems Grant Cameron has finally gone off the rails.

http://theunexplained.tv/paranormal-podcasts/edition-169-grant-cameron