• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on August 01, 2017, 03:00:39 PM
There is absolutely no reason to accept any information given about Powers' identity, circumstance, or history at face value. Absolutely none.

Oh do tell oh acid tripped one.. you have my attention. What really happened Michelle?

albrecht

Mysterious object off Rhode Island coast extraction delayed by heavy surf. It looks man-made but nobody can figure out the purpose or what it is.
http://wpri.com/2017/08/15/removal-of-mystery-object-off-westerly-beach-canceled/
http://wpri.com/2017/08/11/mystery-surrounds-strange-object-found-in-waters-off-westerly/

Uncle Duke

Got around to listening to Peter Davenport's appearance this week with George, turns out a friend and I saw a UFO that was reported to NUFORC by two different people last Saturday night.  We were out in a rural park near Yellow Springs, OH (roughly ten miles east of WPAFB) watching the meteor shower, it was around 2245 EST.  I noticed a very bright flash almost directly overhead, but I saw no navigation lights one would normally see with an aircraft. The light flashed several times over the next ten minutes or so. The intensity of the flashes varied, with time between flashes variable as well.  Whatever it was moved in a random manner, there was no clear path of flight, kinda like a butterfly. There was no sound associated with the object.  My friend immediately called up the "SkyGuide" app on his tablet to see if there was a satellite or other space junk in that part of the sky (none), I called up "FlightRadar24" to see what air traffic was in the area.  The app did identify a couple high flying commercial jets overhead during this period, but they were easily distinguishable from what were we seeing.  We also looked for whatever it was through 8x binoculars (friend) and a first generation NVS (me) but couldn't locate it due to its unpredictable flight path.   It eventually just quit strobing.

No way to tell the size, speed, or altitude of what we saw, but it did appear to be quite high in the sky.  My buddy is a longtime astronomy buff, and I have a very good knowledge of aircraft and their performance characteristics.  If I was a betting man, my best guess is we were looking at an electric motor powered drone with a strobe attached being flown by someone looking to hoax those out watching the meteor shower.  Who knows?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2017, 05:02:59 PM
Got around to listening to Peter Davenport's appearance this week with George, turns out a friend and I saw a UFO that was reported to NUFORC by two different people last Saturday night.  We were out in a rural park near Yellow Springs, OH (roughly ten miles east of WPAFB) watching the meteor shower, it was around 2245 EST.  I noticed a very bright flash almost directly overhead, but I saw no navigation lights one would normally see with an aircraft. The light flashed several times over the next ten minutes or so. The intensity of the flashes varied, with time between flashes variable as well.  Whatever it was moved in a random manner, there was no clear path of flight, kinda like a butterfly. There was no sound associated with the object.  My friend immediately called up the "SkyGuide" app on his tablet to see if there was a satellite or other space junk in that part of the sky (none), I called up "FlightRadar24" to see what air traffic was in the area.  The app did identify a couple high flying commercial jets overhead during this period, but they were easily distinguishable from what were we seeing.  We also looked for whatever it was through 8x binoculars (friend) and a first generation NVS (me) but couldn't locate it due to its unpredictable flight path.   It eventually just quit strobing.

No way to tell the size, speed, or altitude of what we saw, but it did appear to be quite high in the sky.  My buddy is a longtime astronomy buff, and I have a very good knowledge of aircraft and their performance characteristics.  If I was a betting man, my best guess is we were looking at an electric motor powered drone with a strobe attached being flown by someone looking to hoax those out watching the meteor shower.  Who knows?
Interesting. I have no idea how high the various amateur drones can go but I'm sure one could configure with LEDs etc to look pretty cool and perspective is hard in the night sky especially. You and your friend are credible reporters/observers (it wasn't, I presume, the typical- in some cases- "I was coming home from surfing and went out for a smoke on Malibu dude, you know, and looked up and..."
You should submit this report to Davenport's site simply for the history and to get it into the record. You could even just cut&paste what you put here. I like Peter Davenport and his stuff and this is a "very interesting" report. As an aside, it is cool, but also, considering these times somewhat troubling, how well those flight apps work. The other day I picked up my brother and fam at the airport and, due to construction temporarily, the 'cell phone waiting lot'' is right near the runway. I could track his plane and watch it land (visually and on the screen) and the app was spot-on. I must say though it brought back good memories of days when you could watch the planes land and some airports even have observation decks where you could have a cup of coffee or a drink and wait, or just watch for fun.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 20, 2017, 09:04:56 PM
Interesting. I have no idea how high the various amateur drones can go but I'm sure one could configure with LEDs etc to look pretty cool and perspective is hard in the night sky especially. You and your friend are credible reporters/observers (it wasn't, I presume, the typical- in some cases- "I was coming home from surfing and went out for a smoke on Malibu dude, you know, and looked up and..."
You should submit this report to Davenport's site simply for the history and to get it into the record. You could even just cut&paste what you put here. I like Peter Davenport and his stuff and this is a "very interesting" report. As an aside, it is cool, but also, considering these times somewhat troubling, how well those flight apps work. The other day I picked up my brother and fam at the airport and, due to construction temporarily, the 'cell phone waiting lot'' is right near the runway. I could track his plane and watch it land (visually and on the screen) and the app was spot-on. I must say though it brought back good memories of days when you could watch the planes land and some airports even have observation decks where you could have a cup of coffee or a drink and wait, or just watch for fun.

I've contacted Peter requesting information from him. I looked at his "recent reports" section tonight and was surprised to find a good number of sightings quite similar to ours in various parts of the country over the past few weeks.  I have a working theory, we'll see if I can get data to flesh it out.  I will send a report to NUFORC once I determine if my theory has merit.

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxe201708.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
I've contacted Peter requesting information from him. I looked at his "recent reports" section tonight and was surprised to find a good number of sightings quite similar to ours in various parts of the country over the past few weeks.  I have a working theory, we'll see if I can get data to flesh it out.  I will send a report to NUFORC once I determine if my theory has merit.

I suspect it was a multi copter drone. They can fly surprisingly high and would be effectively silent. And as they have self stabilising gyros installed, their tracking and stationary positions will be rock solid, even with a slight breeze. The radio range is about a mile so the operator could be some distance from you as long as they have line of sight.

Just my ten cents worth.  :)

Lord Grantham

I've had a vaguely similar experience. This was a few years back on a landing strip in Leelanau County, MI. We were trespassing out onto the runway to stargaze, and there were two "flashes" a minute or two apart almost like a strobe light or a flash bulb going off, just pure white and instantaneous. All the people in our group of saw them.

It wasn't any kind of trail cam or security system as the airport had virtually no security or fencing at the time.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 21, 2017, 07:37:04 AM
I suspect it was a multi copter drone. They can fly surprisingly high and would be effectively silent. And as they have self stabilising gyros installed, their tracking and stationary positions will be rock solid, even with a slight breeze. The radio range is about a mile so the operator could be some distance from you as long as they have line of sight.

Just my ten cents worth.  :)

That was pretty much my thought as well, at least until I saw how wide spread the reports were on the NUFORC site. Would take a lot of drone operators and specially strobe equipped drones.  Certainly possible I suppose, but starts to sound like a conspiracy theory if the sightings are as far afield as they seem.

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 03, 2017, 10:55:53 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/sep/01/alien-search-detects-radio-signals-from-dwarf-galaxy-3bn-light-years-from-earth?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Message%2B
FRBs are relatively new phenomena to astronomers, and only a handful have been discovered to date including a repeating source. But it seems unlikely there will not ultimately be a natural explanation for them.

Otherwise as more and more of them are discovered, the sky will seem to fill up with apparent UFO beacons...

Uncle Duke

http://www.tampabay.com/news/military/macdill/howard-altman-base-chuckling-as-ufo-website-reports-flying-triangles-at/2338274

This article was forwarded to me by a former colleague.  I've been to MacDill, the idea of basing black aircraft there is lunacy.  Take a look at MacDill on Google Earth, it's just a few miles from downtown Tampa, as well as the Tampa International Airport, and just across the bay from St Petersburg.  Why would anyone base classified a/c at an airbase where literally millions of people would have an opportunity to see them?

albrecht

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html

"WASHINGTON

Florida has a U.S. senator who once flew aboard the Space Shuttle.

A congressional candidate from Miami can go one better: Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera says she’s been aboard a spaceship too. But this one was crewed by aliens. As in extraterrestrials."

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on October 16, 2017, 10:46:08 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article178813586.html

"WASHINGTON

Florida has a U.S. senator who once flew aboard the Space Shuttle.

A congressional candidate from Miami can go one better: Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera says she’s been aboard a spaceship too. But this one was crewed by aliens. As in extraterrestrials."

Florida was once a cosmopolitan state of mostly retired intellectuals. Then the 1980 Cuban Boat Lift turned it into what it is today! Thanks Jimmy Carter!

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 20, 2017, 10:29:50 PM

Did you ever come up with a working theory?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 26, 2017, 10:24:40 AM
Did you ever come up with a working theory?

Yes. I believe many of us have been seeing "Project Loon" balloons. Loon is a project to create a wireless internet system using a series of high altitude (60K+ feet) balloons.  There are, at any one time, a number of them aloft at various places around the world.  They are equipped, per FAA regulations, with a high intensity strobe visible at a minimum of five miles, and are subject to sudden altitude changes as a form of steering.  Flightradar24 actually plots their flight path if you know what you are looking for, and there have been several flying across the US, averaging 4-6 kts. Peter Davenport was quite skeptical when I spoke/corresponded with him about my theory, but apparently he has come around to thinking the idea has merit, at least in some instances.  On one of his C2C appearance in early Sept, he specifically mentioned a sighting reported to the NUFORC might have been "one of those high altitude balloons" or words to that effect.

Loon balloons have been deployed to Puerto Rico to establish internet connectivity to hurricane damaged areas.  I have been meaning to look into UFO reports over PR in the past few weeks, flashing high intensity strobes combined with very limited light pollution could be expected to create reports.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 26, 2017, 01:03:12 PM
Yes. I believe many of us have been seeing "Project Loon" balloons. Loon is a project to create a wireless internet system using a series of high altitude (60K+ feet) balloons.  There are, at any one time, a number of them aloft at various places around the world.  They are equipped, per FAA regulations, with a high intensity strobe visible at a minimum of five miles, and are subject to sudden altitude changes as a form of steering.  Flightradar24 actually plots their flight path if you know what you are looking for, and there have been several flying across the US, averaging 4-6 kts. Peter Davenport was quite skeptical when I spoke/corresponded with him about my theory, but apparently he has come around to thinking the idea has merit, at least in some instances.  On one of his C2C appearance in early Sept, he specifically mentioned a sighting reported to the NUFORC might have been "one of those high altitude balloons" or words to that effect.

Loon balloons have been deployed to Puerto Rico to establish internet connectivity to hurricane damaged areas.  I have been meaning to look into UFO reports over PR in the past few weeks, flashing high intensity strobes combined with very limited light pollution could be expected to create reports.

My theory is that some of those balloons were actually piloted by none other than singing group, The 5th Dimension. I'm Kasey Casem.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akEgsZSfhg

chefist

Blink dude on Joe Rogan today...lolz

https://youtu.be/-BEg1Ozp9OU

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on October 26, 2017, 08:19:36 PM

Someone needs to toss a radish at that guy's third eye.  ::)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: chefist on October 26, 2017, 08:19:36 PM

So much for Knapp's claim this past Sunday DeLonge was forbidden by his lawyers to give TV/radio interviews due to SEC regulations. 

Uncle Duke

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

Well documented sighting, including radar tracks and pilot eyewitness accounts. If I read the article correctly, infers a USO as well.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 16, 2017, 11:20:51 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

Well documented sighting, including radar tracks and pilot eyewitness accounts. If I read the article correctly, infers a USO as well.

Ain't that something? 

Two  things concern me.  The pilot appears to be a Detroit Lions fan [I haven't watched an NFL game
in several years - life is better being Lions free], what's up with that?.  The audio with the video have the
WSO and Pilot in the Super Hornet talking like surfers "Dat's a frickin' drone, bro" - maybe that type of talk
isn't unusual but I wouldn't think so.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 16, 2017, 11:36:51 PM

Ain't that something? 

Two  things concern me.  The pilot appears to be a Detroit Lions fan [I haven't watched an NFL game
in several years - life is better being Lions free], what's up with that?.  The audio with the video have the
WSO and Pilot in the Super Hornet talking like surfers "Dat's a frickin' drone, bro" - maybe that type of talk

Yeah, a little too off book for regular military.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 16, 2017, 11:36:51 PM

Ain't that something? 

Yeah a Lions' fan is a bit disconcerting, but the chatter between the aircrew is nothing out of the ordinary.  Not even unusual to hear blue language in those exchanges.  What is interesting is the inference the Hornets might have been asked to fire on whatever it was they saw had they had live ordnance on board.  I'd be curious to know if Nimitz had any armed, alert aircraft at the time at the time of the encounter, and if so, if they were launched? 

Swishypants

I swear the JU-388 was flown in an experimental "Tank Buster" configuration with a 105mm gun slung underneath a few times on the Eastern Front, but can't find a reference now.

WhiteCrow

Linda Moulton Howe covers the Pentigon's $22 million.. Pentagon Black Budget UFO confirmation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3D10Ug5kfM&sns=em 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 17, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
Linda Moulton Howe covers the Pentigon's $22 million.. Pentagon Black Budget UFO confirmation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3D10Ug5kfM&sns=em 

Wow!  That. Was WHITE CROW!