• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 19, 2015, 01:56:54 PM
George had a MUFON investigator on C2C a few weeks back talking about this story.  Having interviewed nuke submariners for articles in the past, they are the tightest career field within the the military, with the possible exception of some of the Spec Ops guys.  If this sighting occurred, I think it's a fair assumption it is known within that tight-knit community.  The youngest crewmen in the sub service (and aboard Trepang) in 1971 are in their late 60s now, so it will be interesting to see how many of them, if any, come forward to confirm this story in the near future before they pass.
I'm not going to spend much time on it but a quick searches through various search engines only pulled up the UFO-stuff when I searched for the Admiral's name etc. I would think it would be fairly easy to confirm, at least, that the guy was a real person and admiral and even stuff about the boat and operations since it has been decades. But, I think, internet searches have gotten worse, and it just pulls up UFO stuff.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2015, 04:54:19 PM
I'm not going to spend much time on it but a quick searches through various search engines only pulled up the UFO-stuff when I searched for the Admiral's name etc. I would think it would be fairly easy to confirm, at least, that the guy was a real person and admiral and even stuff about the boat and operations since it has been decades. But, I think, internet searches have gotten worse, and it just pulls up UFO stuff.

The MUFON rep that was on with George claimed someone within the organization had tracked down the admiral and confirmed the bulk of the story....boat was real, mission was real, admiral was real etc.  As I recall the admiral said all he remembered seeing was ice, he denied seeing the objects depicted in the photos.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 19, 2015, 06:42:26 PM
The MUFON rep that was on with George claimed someone within the organization had tracked down the admiral and confirmed the bulk of the story....boat was real, mission was real, admiral was real etc.  As I recall the admiral said all he remembered seeing was ice, he denied seeing the objects depicted in the photos.
I'm not a photography expert and didn't spend time to research this photo. Not super-into UFOs- but I do know that in those regions there are many visual anomalies, tricks of the sun/moon/stars, reflections off types of ice, water, ice-crystals, snow, and so on. Not to mention the Northern Lights. This photo doesn't look like that types of stuff caused it but those regions, like hot deserts, are notorious for weird (but explainable or at least theorized explanations by science) anomalies and mirages, etc. Even in the old days of exploration the journals of Amundsen, et al mention thing like this.

I would think the website (and all the others) should post the data about the Admiral (and whatever other sailors) were on the ship. At least to prove he was real and the boat was there etc.

Centurion40

Bingo.  I caught wind of the story from Fade to Black (Jimmy Church).  The Rear Admiral is real and was on the boat when the pics were supposedly taken.  He stated that all he saw was ice.  So he is either keeping to his oath and not revealing any secrets, or the pics came from another boat/mission, or the pics are fakes/optical illusions.

Whatever the truth is, the pics and story is compelling.

albrecht

"LAS VEGAS â€"  The U.S. Air Force is giving an ultimatum to owners of a remote Nevada property that over time has been surrounded by a vast bombing range including the super-secret Area 51.

They're being told to take a $5.2 million "last best offer" for their property by Thursday -- or the government will seize it through condemnation."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/07/air-force-wants-owners-to-give-up-property-near-secret-area-51/?intcmp=hpbt3

b_dubb

How does someone get access to Admiral?  About anything?  I'd think someone like that would be all but unreachable except for official business, family and friends. 

My buddy was a captain in the Army.  I heard all kinds of stories about his CO but never met him.  I shared a house with my buddy at the time.  BTW - his CO was a Colonel.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on September 08, 2015, 09:56:09 PM
How does someone get access to Admiral?  About anything?  I'd think someone like that would be all but unreachable except for official business, family and friends. 

My buddy was a captain in the Army.  I heard all kinds of stories about his CO but never met him.  I shared a house with my buddy at the time.  BTW - his CO was a Colonel.

He's a retired Admiral, not an active admiral.  As I've told you before, I write military history for various magazines, and it's often necessary to track down and interview retired military types.  What's the secret weapon?  You get a copy of the Directory of Members for the professional association of which ever service you're talking about. Each member has a personal listing that gives all kinds of information, including usually contact information. I'm looking at the directories for both the United States Naval Institute and the Air Force Association on my bookshelf as I type.  You can get them by joining the associations, or buy them off a used book site like bookfinder.com.  I think I paid $3.00 for 2012 USNI Directory just about a year ago. 

I've called/emailed a large number of retired senior officers over the years, never had a single one tell me to piss off.  Most are receptive as long as you are polite and respectful, and don't ask about classified material.    Also helps if you have some tie-in with the military, such as having served yourself, or as in my case, worked for the DoD.  Mind you, I've never asked any of the them about a massive UFO coming out of the ice.  Closest I ever came was interviewing a WWII P-47 pilot who, in his own book, talked about seeing foo fighters over Europe.  Great interview, but "Aviation History" magazine declined to publish the article I wanted to write for their "Aerial Oddities" feature.

As an aside, my personal experience is that most general/flag officers are very gracious.  They all go to "charm school" when they get their star.  In thirty plus years, I can honestly say I only worked for/briefed one asshole general officer.  His act caught up with him, however, and he was unceremoniously booted from the USAF for telling a very senior female civilan (SES) she dressed like a whore. 

Centurion40

Quote from: albrecht on September 08, 2015, 01:10:52 PM
"LAS VEGAS â€"  The U.S. Air Force is giving an ultimatum to owners of a remote Nevada property that over time has been surrounded by a vast bombing range including the super-secret Area 51.

They're being told to take a $5.2 million "last best offer" for their property by Thursday -- or the government will seize it through condemnation."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/07/air-force-wants-owners-to-give-up-property-near-secret-area-51/?intcmp=hpbt3

5.2 million??!!  :o  Take the money and run!!

albrecht

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 08, 2015, 11:53:35 AM
5.2 million??!!  :o  Take the money and run!!
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/government-takes-familys-land-near-area-51
Update. Land has been given to the air force but compensation for the land, compensation for health effects of nuclear testing, removal of equipment, houses, and graves are to still be negotiated. They were fighting an uphill battle to be sure but they've owned the mine and land before there was an "Air Force" and only a few years before Nevada was a State. But it just takes one judge and zip...there goes your property. Since they refused the 5.2 million offer the government now says only $1.5 million.

Centurion40

Quote from: albrecht on October 20, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/government-takes-familys-land-near-area-51
Update. Land has been given to the air force but compensation for the land, compensation for health effects of nuclear testing, removal of equipment, houses, and graves are to still be negotiated. They were fighting an uphill battle to be sure but they've owned the mine and land before there was an "Air Force" and only a few years before Nevada was a State. But it just takes one judge and zip...there goes your property. Since they refused the 5.2 million offer the government now says only $1.5 million.

Heyzeus marimba!

albrecht

If he is still around Art should revisit the Gulf Breeze 6 and Vance Davis's various stories. Some wild, bizarre stuff.
http://philipcoppens.com/gulfbreeze6.html

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
If he is still around Art should revisit the Gulf Breeze 6 and Vance Davis's various stories. Some wild, bizarre stuff.
http://philipcoppens.com/gulfbreeze6.html

In the late 90s, I spent a week at Pensacola Naval Air Station.  One of our Navy hosts recommended a place to eat one evening, turns out it was in Gulf Breeze.  I hadn't realized Gulf Breeze was no more than five miles or so (as the sea gull flies) across the bay from the NAS.  One cool, breezy winter evening I talked another of our group in to driving back over to Gulf Breeze where we proceeded to damn near freeze our asses of standing on the beach for a couple hours looking for UFOs.  Say nothing, other than aircraft coming/going from the NAS at a fairly steady rate.  So that begged the question, did any naval aviators or USN radar types at the air station ever report anything unusual during the Gulf Breeze flap?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 03, 2015, 11:06:11 PM

In the late 90s, I spent a week at Pensacola Naval Air Station.  One of our Navy hosts recommended a place to eat one evening, turns out it was in Gulf Breeze.  I hadn't realized Gulf Breeze was no more than five miles or so (as the sea gull flies) across the bay from the NAS.  One cool, breezy winter evening I talked another of our group in to driving back over to Gulf Breeze where we proceeded to damn near freeze our asses of standing on the beach for a couple hours looking for UFOs.  Say nothing, other than aircraft coming/going from the NAS at a fairly steady rate.  So that begged the question, did any naval aviators or USN radar types at the air station ever report anything unusual during the Gulf Breeze flap?
As you know Uncle I like the more 'human side' (crazy or deluded people) or the conspiracy side (mainly, just covering up f*ckups- but can happen, I suspect in a grander-scale though doubt it happens on the 'big scale'- I think more like the VW, contractors, etc and the "conspiracy" is for financial motives not alien) so the group going AWOL and trip seem enough, for me, for some follow up. And then, apparently charges being dropped for some? Weird. Bizarre. (But, again, less paperwork and let the tax-payers and UFO conferences "at the old, former Red Lion conference room by airport"?

Uncle Duke

Don't know if Art has mentioned this, but an interesting UFO from the UK involving Area 51.  Maybe one of our "Limey Trolls" can fill us in on the "Express", can't remember if it's a legit news source or a dodgy tabloid.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/621566/Airplane-passenger-snaps-UFO-on-ground-near-mysterious-Area-51-military-base

b_dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 01, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
Don't know if Art has mentioned this, but an interesting UFO from the UK involving Area 51.  Maybe one of our "Limey Trolls" can fill us in on the "Express", can't remember if it's a legit news source or a dodgy tabloid.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/621566/Airplane-passenger-snaps-UFO-on-ground-near-mysterious-Area-51-military-base
It's a solar energy facility. A large mirror array.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 01, 2015, 06:46:28 PM

The Daily Excess is the 'go to' rag on woo woo. When it isn't having another feature on Princess Diana.

The 'shooting' lights are the reflections of cabin lights off the windows.

Quote from: b_dubb on December 07, 2015, 11:02:18 PM
It's a solar energy facility. A large mirror array.

Ahh, just spotted this.

pate

Wasn't there a guest on either MITD or in the case of OSOM RCH talking about "alien towers on the moon?"

If I am not mis-remembering that, here's a story debunking that idea.  Alternately, if I am misremembering the story still debunks the idea.

Daily Mail - "Mystery of the 'alien tower' on the moon is solved: Lunar expert claims spire is actually a small crater on the rim of larger one"

This post is sort of UFO related, I suppose.

LeslieV

Speaking of RCH and the moon, I have 35mm slides I bought back when Apollo was flying and last time I looked at them I sure could not see his so called glass dome or whatever.

I need to dig them out again and convert to digital just to make it easy to view them.  Kind of hard to find a 35mm projector in good condition now days.

zeebo

I saw something weird today, sort of aimlessly floating very high up.  First I thought it was a drone, but the movement was too random.  Got out my binoc's and saw something that looked like a big puffy green cactus.  I think maybe it was one of those things with the wavy arms they put in front of auto dealerships?  Pretty wierd-lookin up there in any case.

Quote from: zeebo on April 16, 2016, 11:20:25 PM
I saw something weird today, sort of aimlessly floating very high up.  First I thought it was a drone, but the movement was too random.  Got out my binoc's and saw something that looked like a big puffy green cactus.  I think maybe it was one of those things with the wavy arms they put in front of auto dealerships?  Pretty wierd-lookin up there in any case.
We used to get alot of report of UFO here in Japan but most were just candle lantern that were left to fly alone.

BobGrau

Just saw what I assume to be a satellite, though it doesn't quite match times with any of the likely candidates I came up with in a brief googling. Nearest time is nearly an hour later.
About 12:15am, partially cloudy sky with a clear patch directly overhead large enough to comfortably contain the Plough (big dipper), I was staring because I'd seen a meteorite/oid/etc and noticed a very faint "twinkling" star was moving fast from southeast to northwest. It crossed the plough/dipper in slightly under a minute, and was behind the clouds again shortly after. I saw something very similar on an unusually clear night about 6 years ago, I doubt it's aliens but even if it's frozen astronaut crap that's still pretty cool.

Dyna-X

I came across this blog and found it to be really edgy and sadly quite astute in the outlook about the latest disclosure craziness via DeLonge, Clinton, Podesta, etc.
What is your take?
http://highstrangenessshow.com/ufos-and-disclosure/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Brody on June 24, 2016, 10:27:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvzrbq_Aas

"Fire ship" taped last night

Given that it was localized around a storm front, indeed, a particular cloud, and that they eventually seemed to vanish, couldn't this be ball lightening? That seems more likely than either extraterrestrial or even experimental military to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavcOYUGnfQ