• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on April 13, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
Duke, it sounds as if you believe that we are being visited?

Of course I believe that possibility exists, have said that all along.  Even the military agrees 5-10% of all UFO sightings are truly unidentifiable, so if there is no other rational explantion for that small percentage, alien visitation makes as much sense as time travelers, dwellers from another dimension, angles/demons, etc.  The alien visitor idea makes more sense to me than any of those others, in fact.  Why?  Because I know other systems/planets exist, that is scientific fact, not theory or something taken on faith.

There is a big difference between believing something and being able to prove it, however.  The problem is many of those trying to prove what they believe (or at least want others to believe) are at best well-meaning, untrained amatuers; at worst they are scam artists, charlatains, and nut jobs.  For ufology to be taken serious, we need to weed out the latter and help/train the former to eliminate ignorance of what they write and sloppy research. 

area51drone

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 13, 2014, 12:44:19 PM
Of course I believe that possibility exists, have said that all along.  Even the military agrees 5-10% of all UFO sightings are truly unidentifiable, so if there is no other rational explantion for that small percentage, alien visitation makes as much sense as time travelers, dwellers from another dimension, angles/demons, etc.  The alien visitor idea makes more sense to me than any of those others, in fact.  Why?  Because I know other systems/planets exist, that is scientific fact, not theory or something taken on faith.

There is a big difference between believing something and being able to prove it, however.  The problem is many of those trying to prove what they believe (or at least want others to believe) are at best well-meaning, untrained amatuers; at worst they are scam artists, charlatains, and nut jobs.  For ufology to be taken serious, we need to weed out the latter and help/train the former to eliminate ignorance of what they write and sloppy research.

So you do or do not leave open the possibility, even slightly, that Roswell really was a flying saucer?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on April 13, 2014, 01:34:22 PM
So you do or do not leave open the possibility, even slightly, that Roswell really was a flying saucer?

Let's define terms:

1) By "flying saucer" you mean a craft of alien (non-Earth) origin.

2) "Possibility" is a qualitative expression, not a quantitative expression.  If I buy one Lotto ticket, do I have a possibility of winning?  Yes.  What is the probability I will win?  1 in 3 million?  5 Million? I don't know, but we can agree it is very small.  If I don't buy a Lotto ticket, do I have a possibility of winning?  No.  What is my probability?  Zero

Is there a possibility what crashed at Roswell was of alien origin.  Yes.  In all probability, was what crashed at Roswell of alien origin? No.  Do I think it was an alien craft?  No.  Can I prove it wasn't? Of course not, nor have I tried.  In fact, I've never even tried to change anyone's else's mind who thinks it was an alien craft.

As I've explained, to me the most, maybe only, credible witness who claims the debris found on a ranch was of alien origin was Maj Marcel.  Bright guy, man of integrity, otherwise he wouldn't have been an intel officer for the world's only atomic bomb group.  No question about his character.   So this bright, honorable man sees something, by his own admission,  he's never seen before and cannot identify.  So he assumes what he is seing is something else he's never seen and equally can't identify?  I mean, to my knowledge he's never claimed to have seen alien technology up to that point, but he's able to identify what he's seeing as being "not of this Earth"? That makes no sense to me.  What I do believe is Marcel saw something (material from a classified program to which he was not accessed) that he could not identity.  Did he honestly think what he saw was alien?  I certainly think so, and he said so without looking for attention or profit, a man of integrity as we both agree.  I think he was wrong.  Do I know he was wrong? No, but no more than you know he was right.  We disagree.

Juan

Here's another one that's odd - a UFO "crash" near Griffin, Georgia (about 40-miles south of Atlanta). It was on 10 Sept. 1973.  Ress Clanton was sitting on his porch that afternoon when he saw a gold object shaped like an egg or baseball slowly descend to the ground.  On contacting the ground, it sat there for a few seconds, then disappeared in a wisp of smoke.  It left behind a scorched, smoldering patch of ground about a foot-and-a-half in diameter and about five inches deep.  Clanton says he burned his hand passing it three feet above the still smouldering spot. Neighbors and the local radio station showed up to have a look. A sheriff's deputy had the good sense to make a phone call.  The University of Georgia Agricultural Experiment Station (coming up with new ways to grow crops) was nearby, and Dr. O.E. Anderson, head of the Agronomy Department came out.

He estimated the temperature of the soil, some time after the "crash", to be 200F and said that normal afternoon soil temperature would be about 115F.  He took soil samples from the burned spot, another sample from two feet away, and a third from 30-feet away.

“Something definitely elevated the temperature of the soil,” Anderson soon informed the press. “The soil was unusually hot for just grass to be
burning. It was hot down to a depth of at least a half an inch and for as much as an inch the soil was very, very hot.” He also said a “glob about the size of your little finger of molten metal or slag, had remained on the ground. They are seeing some form of energy, but what?”

Anderson first tested for hydrocarbons - it would have been simple for someone to pour gasoline on a spot and start a fire.  Anderson found no hydrocarbons.  He also tested for magnesium and strontium - the common material in flares - and found none.

What he did find in the burned spot samples was copper at a level 2000 times higher than in the control samples and chromium 200 times higher.

Dr. Anderson's findings were in a written report and widely reported in local newspapers, including those in Atlanta.  And there it sits.  There have been no further sightings and no follow up investigation. At least that we know about.

b_dubb

I'm very skeptical about all crash stories because there's been no physical proof. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie-kean/the-extraordinary-ufo-sig_b_1342585.html

Having watched the video ... has anyone considered the possibility that these are birds in the video in question?

area51drone

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 13, 2014, 03:03:49 PM
Is there a possibility what crashed at Roswell was of alien origin.  Yes. 

I just wanted you to say it. 

area51drone

So, gabcast brought up Bob Lazar.  I'd love to talk about him.   Of course, I'm sure there is a Bob Lazar thread somewhere, but let's rehash this since I have your attention.   What do you think of his story?  What do you think of Lear's backing up of his story about the UFOs?

b_dubb

Quote from: area51drone on April 16, 2014, 03:21:42 PM
So, gabcast brought up Bob Lazar.  I'd love to talk about him.   Of course, I'm sure there is a Bob Lazar thread somewhere, but let's rehash this since I have your attention.   What do you think of his story?  What do you think of Lear's backing up of his story about the UFOs?
Bob Lazar is Bravo Sierra

b_dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 16, 2014, 03:54:33 PM
And Lear is out of his mind.
Probably.  Or he's just waiting to see if someone has the stones to call him on his Bravo Sierra.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on April 16, 2014, 03:55:42 PM
Probably.  Or he's just waiting to see if someone has the stones to call him on his Bravo Sierra.

When you are as far around the bend as Lear, I doubt there are many peoples' opinion about you that would have much effect. 

Grov505th

Quote from: b_dubb on April 16, 2014, 03:55:42 PM
I am wondering if he thinks he has to top the last story he wove? I can remember Lear talking with Hoagland and saying that there was breathable air on the moon.....And if I remember correctly even Hoaggie was a little taken back by that.

b_dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 16, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

When you are far around the bend as Lear, I doubt there are many peoples' opinion about you that would have much effect.
I'm trying to keep an open mind. 

Guys like Lear and Lazar make for a good barometer to gauge whether to take a "UFO researcher" seriously.  If they think that Lear and Lazar are a good source for information, then you can stop right there and move on to anything else.

Grov505th

I did find this about Lazar:
http://www.openminds.tv/update-on-area-51-whistleblower-bob-lazar-1064/22527

In the article it states this:
Sorry, Mr. Lazar no longer involves himself in matters related to the topic of UFOs.
He hasn’t followed the topic in about 10 years and does not lecture on anything other than basic science & energy technologies.
His companies are involved in several Military contracts and he is a science & technology consultant to Raytheon weapon systems.
For these reasons he avoids ‘rocking the boat’ and generally keeps his distance from the topic.
Maybe he saw the writting on the wall or will something weirder come out in a year or two....

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on April 16, 2014, 04:16:46 PM
I'm trying to keep an open mind. 

Guys like Lear and Lazar make for a good barometer to gauge whether to take a "UFO researcher" seriously.  If they think that Lear and Lazar are a good source for information, then you can stop right there and move on to anything else.

*laughs*  You are a candidate for sainthood if you can give Lear even the tinniest sliver of the benefit of the doubt after Ruben played him for a fool last month on C2C.  Not that Lear needs help sounding like a delusional moron.

Agree with you about nutjobs being a barometer for researchers. 

area51drone

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 16, 2014, 04:25:29 PM
after Ruben played him for a fool last month on C2C

Which show date was this, do you know?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: area51drone on April 16, 2014, 05:08:58 PM
Which show date was this, do you know?

1/2 March.  Three pages of comments on the show under Ruben's name on the "Other C2C Hosts" thread.

Centurion40

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 13, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

Kudos.  Well said.

Quote from: area51drone on May 02, 2014, 09:47:40 PM
I posted in another thread about how I thought he seemed like he was hiding something.    Apparently others more versed in body language analysis agree:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/what-has-bill-clinton-so-stressed-about-ufos/

Man in Yellow Suit: "McClinton, I want you to sign NAFTA."

Jackstar

Quote from: area51drone on May 02, 2014, 09:47:40 PM
I posted in another thread about how I thought he seemed like he was hiding something.    Apparently others more versed in body language analysis agree:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/what-has-bill-clinton-so-stressed-about-ufos/

Kimmel ought to have asked about Juanita Broadrick as a baseline.

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on May 04, 2014, 10:59:52 AM
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?71033-1989-Bob-Lazar-UFO-footage-analyzed-by-avalon-member-1967sander

I don't get it. There is no real analysis here other than zooming in the image.  At least on the Turkey UFO analysis webpage, the guy went to great lengths to show the aliens inside the craft.

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on May 11, 2014, 02:10:22 AM
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2014/05/best-ufo-sighting-new-zealand.html

That's pretty interesting.  With my night vision one night, I saw two very peculiar objects in the sky a few minutes apart.  They appeared to be very high and travelling at a high rate of speed, and they literally zig zagged across the sky.   I did some research, and it seems as, although supposedly rare, there are meteors that zig zag.   But the reference I found on them was from some very very old scientific paper, early 1900's or late 1800's.   If they are so rare, I find it very odd that I saw two of them within a close time period.   I also find it odd there isn't some wikipedia article on the phenomena.   So maybe what they and I saw were  bona fide ufos, who knows.    Here's a more recent discussion on another site about zigzag meteors... https://www.mail-archive.com/meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com/msg23052.html   The zig-zagging I saw was very fast, as in the video, but they both travelled across the sky much faster after the last movement than the one in this video.

As for this footage, assuming it is genuine and not CGI, it travels a lot slower than the ones that I saw, and it looks convincing enough to me.    But given how easy it is to fake something like this now, I take everything with a grain of salt - unless I see it in person I don't believe it.