• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

ArtBellFan

UFO investigator Major Donald Keyhoe, the 1958 Mike Wallace interview
In 1958, CBS censored UFO investigator Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe during a live TV broadcast. Soon after, legendary investigative reporter Mike Wallace invited Keyhoe to appear on his show Interview to discuss the controversy.

Now, thanks to video archives donated by Wallace to the University of Texas library, we too can watch Keyhoe tell his side of the story.

Video & Transcript at link

http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/multimedi...e_donald_t.html

When Art told the story of he and Ramona encountering a gigantic silent UFO in the desert, I had no trouble visualizing the event, but have often wondered if it was a true story.  I happen to believe he was telling the truth - that he did see something, but I have no way of knowing beyond all doubt he told the truth and if he did, what was seen.  This poll ran for 60 days then dissolved into the ether, much like a UFO. 

Charles

I am going to go with a military craft ... only because the same craft has been documented by police officers, people in other countries, as well as Art and Ramona's sighting. Their proximity to Groom Lake aka Area 51 kind of makes me think it was one of ours.

Awesome question and poll by the way! :)

ArtBellFan

Here is an artists concept of what Art and Ramona saw that Art had commissioned.

MV/Liberace!

great poll.  i voted military craft.  why?  because it's the most likely answer.  i'm certain the US military has made technological advances in the last 50 years the likes of which we couldn't begin to imagine.  furthermore, art lives next to a military installation where test flights are routinely carried out.  if we were to have  seen a stealth bomber flying around before its existence was made public, we would likely have concluded it was not earthly.  and many people DID reach that conclusion.  ufo reporting organizations were riddled with calls from people who reported what later turned out to be the stealth.  and today, the concept behind even the stealth bomber is old technology.

in every ufo sighting, the most likely explanation is that it's an earthly craft, and in each case, it's what you have to believe (IMO) until proven otherwise.  i have a feeling a few military guys from groom lake got a good laugh listening to art talk about what he and ramona saw.

from wikipedia article on Area 51:  "The base's primary purpose is to support development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems."

techster

I was born in Las Vegas and spent my childhood in the 50s and 60s there and in the desert around there.  There has always been all kinds of military aircraft flying around there, and not just because of area 51.  That whole desert has always been THE major aircraft and weapons testing area in the US.  So I say that if he saw something that's what he saw.

Maybe it was an interdimensional military craft from the future! Ha!

Quote from: Art is the Best on May 01, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
Maybe it was an inter-dimensional military craft from the future! Ha!

Groucho Marx: That's when she asked me, "Is that a cigar-shaped inter-dimensional military craft from the future of another planet in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

Straight man: And what did you say?

Groucho Marx: I told her to take a picture and send it to MUFON and to call me in the morning.  Obviously.

Straight man:  Obviously.

Groucho Marx: Oh. Wise guy, eh?

I'm went Military as well, mostly for reasons already stated by others.

the hovering triangle was about the size of bea arthurs dick.

This is a reminder regarding the UFO special on Prime Time, ABC Network tonight at 8:30 PM Central time.  Check your local listing.  The rumor is that this will be much better than the Peter Jennings special from a few years ago.  One wonders if Coast to Coast or Noory will be mentioned...  It looks to be 1.5 hours in length.

EvB

The sign is classic!  +$ for you. 

I dunno if I want to see that ABC show tonight, or Fringe. (A FOX paranormal drama)

roadrunner_

hey can any one tell me where can i get this show from  UFO special on Prime Time, ABC Network im in th uk ENGLAND thx  ???

xpmark12

It is just not credible that a space craft crashed near a U.S.city in 1947 and a decision was made to ignore it by Harry S.Truman.The U.S. had just come out of a bloody war and was armed to the teeth.The fact of a downed space craft shows it could be vulnerable to our weapons.Harry Truman and the people of that time were tougher than we are now, and would not roll over without a fight.A state of high military alert would have gone out around the world.It would have been impossible to keep quiet.

EvB

What you say makes sense - except for the "people of that time were tougher than we are now" part.  I know that's true in many ways - but they were also easily manipulated into acting on fear.  We still are manipulated - but it's takes a little more finesse I think.

Remember that Mcarthy started the whole "Black List" and "Red Scare" BS shortly after this. 

?Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party??

And people bit - DESPITE the fact that there is no reason that an American, under our constitution, should not be a communist if they so choose.

[/]

Hmmm ... I've been thinking about this in the last couple days, actually. If I worked in public relations - which I do - and a news event happens to my company or organization from which I want to distract attention, I hope for an even larger news event. Of course, private companies are simply left to hoping. The Government is able to generate interest in "terminal" topics; those topics that trump all others. But, General Motors can't distract from its  bankruptcy by announcing GM is declaring war on Nigeria.

At the point the Roswell event occurred the media were still completely consumed by the Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting over Mt. Rainier, Wash., the co-occurring aerial phenomenon over Murray Island, Wash. and the mysterious crash of the B-25 returning to Hamilton AF loaded with debris from the Murray Island incident.

The AAC announces they've captured a UFO in Roswell, all media attention turns to this bigger story - hours later they announce it's a downed weather balloon and the rash of public attention moves on, never returning to focus on Mt. Rainier and Murray Island at even a fraction of the level it had been at just a few days prior ... I think Roswell was a well-played red herring.

Remember that Mcarthy started the whole "Black List" and "Red Scare" BS shortly after this.

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?"

And people bit - DESPITE the fact that there is no reason that an American, under our constitution, should not be a communist if they so choose.

I would agree at levels ... however, being a Communist in the '50's was viewed with the same trepidation to being a member of Al Qaeda today - perhaps more ... communists controlled large, regular armies with tanks, artillery, jet aircraft, etc. - not rag tag guerilla groups. If a US Senator were exposing members of Al Qaeda embedded in the Defense Department I think people today would react just as poorly as they did in the 50s. (And we know now McCarthy was at least partially justified in concern, though perhaps not tactics, since the opening of the USSR state archives showed that the CPUSA had been operating under the directions of the Soviet embassy for most the whole Cold War.)

Extremely off-topic trivia - did you know the US Communist Party just had their disclosure exemption renewed for an additional 5-year term in November '08? They've enjoyed a court-ordered blanket exemption from complying with federal campaign finance disclosure requirements since 1982.

EvB

Loui Zoot

Walter Haut had an affidavit released after his death claiming it was a cover, that the first report was a cover because too many people knew about it already. So they did they to divert people from the real or better site. It's been a couple years since I talked to him about it, but I know someone who was there when he taped it, he says the tape is real. Obviously he can't confirm if the information is true as he wasn't quite born in 1947.

That person's name is Clifford E. Stone, and he lives here in Roswell, as well. He gives lectures every year at the local festival. He (Stone) also claims to have been involved in Project Moondust and Operation Blue Fly, a member of a secret team that recovered stuff that fell from space.

There are many results for Walter Haut Affidavit on google.

While I can't prove to you that any of this is true, nor would I try. Over the years I have gotten many hundreds of sightings of sighting reports, and some abductions stories as well. Personally I think there is something to all of those UFO sightings, I don't pretend to have the answers though. UFO doesn't have to mean Alien Piloted Spaceship.

I've read some pretty intriguing stories from credible enough sounding people.

That's just my take, and I wouldn't force that opinion on others.

nika01

Quote from: xpmark12 on June 02, 2009, 04:30:08 PM
It is just not credible that a space craft crashed near a U.S.city in 1947 and a decision was made to ignore it by Harry S.Truman.The U.S. had just come out of a bloody war and was armed to the teeth.The fact of a downed space craft shows it could be vulnerable to our weapons.Harry Truman and the people of that time were tougher than we are now, and would not roll over without a fight.A state of high military alert would have gone out around the world.It would have been impossible to keep quiet.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is an ill conceived post. It is a proclamation and it is not based on anything but personal opinion. I suggest you read Stanton Friedman's latest book to get an idea of things that have been kept secret that are known today without question.

This is, of course, my opinion.

mylesstam

An old video by Disney that was shown only once in 5 cities as I read. The tone of this video is "UFO's and aliens are here". A mainstream company going against the mainstream media. No wonder it was shelved.

http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/ufos_disney_alien_encounters_video

MV/Liberace!

myles... i only got about 5 minutes into this video before being forced away, but i definitely intend to finish.  great post!

b_dubb

i think this is interesting but i'm betting that the tone in this 'documentary' was so POSITIVE because they wanted to sell tickets to their new attraction.  but .. yeah .. it is weird to hear such affirmative language in a mainstream ufo documentary.

there's a Wikipedia article about the attraction.  it has been closed for some time but it sounded pretty interesting

mylesstam

Another historic UFO investigative video report from Walter Cronkite. I find this one very interesting. It gives a great feel of how far we have and have not progressed in the UfO situation. Alan Hynek is still a government debunker. Great 1st hand eyewitness testimony and interviews. It was sponsored by IBM and they have 1966 IBM commercials. If anything, watching the personal jetpack and computer commercials are a huge blast. No pun intended.

BTW, turn your volume Wayyyyyyy down when you click the link. The volume of the video is very loud.

Enjoy

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2935380n

Ruteger

I wonder if anyone is so naive to cling to the theory that these manifestations originate from the physical plane - that is, an assembly line on some far away distant world? John Keel stated he thought these were demonic or spiritual in origin, and I think Jacques Vallee has also abandoned the ET explanation, favoring an extra-dimensional explanation. Whatever these UFOs are, they are not from Mars or any other physical world. I believe these objects originate from the spiritual (another dimension of reality) realm. Are they demonic? I think so. Mr. Keel thought so, and Mr. Vallee seems to point in that direction. Opinions?