• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Facebook Sucks

Started by Marc.Knight, May 29, 2012, 06:19:28 PM

Marc.Knight

[schart]FB[/schart]

I agree with CA who posted in another thread.  I also think this deserves its own home on CG. 

I am disgusted with "F" all over the Fucking Internet.  As if everyone naturally wants to announce to the world where they live, work and gleefully divulge daily living habits.  CA:  many successful writers have been ardent individualists.  That doesn't mean you're cut off from the world, but that you have developed a strong sense of self that should never be diluted by the swill circulating FB, and provides the strength you need for creative, independent thought.

Facebook Sucks.  Join us.

slipstream

Facebook is the new AOL.  It wants to be all things on the Internet.  I really dislike how their service has overtaken comment discussions on news sites.

I enjoy the Random Stupid Things On Your Mind topic.  The free association quanta is near perfect for me, for lurking or participating.

But reexamining/rethinking your participation with/on facebook is the opposite of that thread's heading in that to do such is a focused and intelligent action.

Starting this as a stand alone topic is a very good idea.

I am glad MV posted the first kinetic domino on that thread - the "Zuckerberg No Tip Incident."

Facebook sucks in a way that dwarfs Noory's transgressions.

Which is no small statement.

MK: "a strong sense of self that should never be diluted by the swill circulating FB," is hammer to nail's head.

It was cybernetic arsenic. I rationalized as long as possible in fear of losing  "networking value," but I decided such value as defined by facebook, was an illusion.

blackshap9

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 30, 2012, 12:01:13 AM

It was cybernetic arsenic. I rationalized as long as possible in fear of losing  "networking value," but I decided such value as defined by facebook, was an illusion.

"E-Clap" oops... I meant "Applause."

Frys Girl

Facebook will be dead and gone in 5 years.

texaskdog

Just like Myspace and IRC/MIRC.  People get bored with things.

McPhallus

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 30, 2012, 06:08:25 AM
Facebook will be dead and gone in 5 years.

It would be funny if they became the new MySpace.  I seem them as the new AOL (as slipstream said earlier) or the new Yahoo.  Huge and powerful for a time, then they'll sort of fall off.  But they'll still be really big and will stick around, even though no one really knows why they still exist.

McPhallus

Quote from: texaskdog on May 30, 2012, 06:48:43 AM
Just like Myspace and IRC/MIRC.  People get bored with things.

EFNet was once ground zero for the world's population of angry asshole nerds.

Quote from: M. Knight on May 30, 2012, 07:02:48 AM
$28.84 and falling.

Purchase the uproariously funny "How Much Is My Facebook Stock Worth?" app today! Has several ticker tape modes from which to choose. Stunning graphics. Notification alarms options featuring air raid sirens, wolf whistles, shattering windows and more.

And if you act now, the app will also include an authentic Zuckerberg sound bites alarm option featuring "We just want to help people," "We want to do things in a different way," and twenty-five other hilarious phrases from Zee man himself!

Includes bonus app "How Much Should I Tip?" completely free!

Tip app can be operated in one of two modes: 1) Oy vey! 2) Mein Gott!

Come visit our site today, whether you want to purchase the app or just sign our guest book. Be sure to LIKE us! - http://www.nonnabetta.it/en

Now that's Italiano!

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

marc... i took the liberty of adding a real-time stock chart to your first post here so that we can all watch it crash together as chuckles abound.

edit:  you can place this same chart anywhere on the forum (for any stock) by typing the following:

[schart]STOCK NAME[/schart]

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on May 30, 2012, 12:48:02 PM
marc... i took the liberty of adding a real-time stock chart to your first post here so that we can all watch it crash together as chuckles abound.

bwwwwaaahahahahaha

Quote from: blackshap9 on May 30, 2012, 12:44:58 AM
"E-Clap" oops... "

Classic cure for authors suffering from E-Clap:   E-Pen

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 30, 2012, 11:35:24 AM
Tip app can be operated in one of two modes: 1) Oy vey! 2) Mein Gott!

haaaaaaaaaahaha

fysisist

FB seems to be the panacea for all the people who need to constantly look outside for validation of their existence and approval for anything and everything they do.  On the other hand, it's pretty good for sharing pics, but who gives a fuck about that??  There are many less intrusive ways to accomplish the same thing.

fysisist

Truth be told, I'd like to slap the fuck out of Zuckerburg and those Twinkletoss twin motherfuckers for the whole shitty scenario.  Even the name is a pile of shit.  Jesus Christ, couldn't they come up with something better then Facebook??  It sounds like something you do in 2nd grade for chrissakes. 

Juan

There's a public service announcement running on my local station - probably networks, too - in which two women are talking about the best way to put a baby in bed and avoid SIDS.  Once asks the other how she knows this information.  The reply is, "Facebook, of course."  WTF - you're going to risk your baby's life based on what some clown posts on FB?

And we say sNoory sucks.

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 30, 2012, 02:20:09 PM
The reply is, "Facebook, of course."  WTF

Dead on.

Similar to being overly reliant upon Wikipedia, but perhaps even more insidious due to its subtlety.

Zircon

Quote from: fysisist on May 30, 2012, 01:18:52 PM
Truth be told, I'd like to slap the fuck out of Zuckerburg and those Twinkletoss twin motherfuckers for the whole shitty scenario.  Even the name is a pile of shit.  Jesus Christ, couldn't they come up with something better then Facebook??  It sounds like something you do in 2nd grade for chrissakes. 
Hmmm ..., interesting spelling (fysisist). You seem to be "unsettled"?

And sir, the truth about your wish regarding that fucking prick Motherfuckerburg, is shared by many. All I can do is laugh my ass off at all of those stupid bastards that ponied up $38 per share to buy this tweener dog and my-little-pony show. Heard that up to 40% of traffic with these stupid services is pure spam. Talk about clogging an artery - ha! ha! Plus it is shitty meat that will pass for dog food when you run out of Alpo.

For no particular reason other than to see these stupid fucks get rolled over and impaled, I hope the stock sinks to ZERO. I know that will not happen but a $5 per share bottom would be nice as the prick who thinks he is so fucking much smarter than everyone else and thus can fuck anybody however he wishes winds up with trying in vain to get a job busing tables.

MV/Liberace!

here are some examples of the BULLSHIT my sister posts on facebook:

feels good to be home after what seems like a long day at work.....fixing tacos tonight for dinner :)

only three more hours to go...it's so boring and so slow....

done with work, on my way to wally world for some bandaids!! lol

yay I'm done with work, lol....went by a lot quicker today than yesterday....OAN: gotta be at work tomorrow @5am :(

only two more hours!!

chilling to my music on pandora, just thinking.....

only four more hours to go!!!

on my way to work...lookin forward to Wednesday :)

has such a killer headache.....

is gonna do what makes me happy....finally....lol

yay I'm off work!!!!

on my way to work :( gotta help put a fence up after work with my dad....

spent half the day in Jackson than came home and ive been relaxing since than, feels nice to just sit and relax....gotta work tomorrow and friday than we get to move the horses this weekend :)

5150 somebody call the popo....lol

wanna go out for some drinks, but I'm broke :(

had a fun day with ash ash but I'm so ready for bed, lol

done with my margarita, now I gotta pee....lol

omg I officially hate Friday's now....lol

this is the puke-laced drivel i'm supposed to stick around facebook for?  this is how mark zuckerberg thinks he's changed the world?  perhaps he's changed his world, but not the world.  at all.  this company will be on its knees in 5 years.

oh, and by the way... my sister is typical of what you'd expect from the posts you see above.  she hardly has any ability to maintain a substantive conversation.  at all.  it's just infuriating.  facebook validates our illiteracy and further erodes modern social acumen.  facebook represents a bastardization of the word "social."  i find it to be anything but.  as someone else pointed out here on coastgab... you can send someone a well thought, meaningful private message on FB and get ZERO response... but if you post some useless blurb about finding a hair in your sandwich, you're likely to get a response which will also contain "lol" at the end.  fuck it all.

fysisist

Unlike Google, which had some actual real world applications when it went public, FB is designed especially for insecure, vane, self-absorbed, unmotivated shits who want to sit around and talk about themselves all fucking day.  Masturbation would be a better pastime, at least there you have a goal and generally get a result.  I'm laughing my ass off at all the sorry mofos who spent any money on that worthless POS.  I'm guessing that all the FB losers are spending at least half their day posting about how outraged they over the stock performance, the other half trying to borrow cash from mom so they can pay the rent this month.  On the other hand, all the pricks who owned the stock before it went public are laughing their collective asses off, hip deep in cash, over all the suckers there are in the world.  Caveat Emptor, and all that shit. lol.

ziznak

Quote from: slipstream on May 29, 2012, 11:14:25 PM
Facebook is the new AOL.  It wants to be all things on the Internet.  I really dislike how their service has overtaken comment discussions on news sites.
Remember what happened to aol, friendster and myspace?  fb is crack for the ego.  half of the people using it are lying aboit thier lives anyway.  Its juat a site that caters to most human beings main obsession:   THEMSELVES.  I originally did like the site a lot in that I was able to contact people that I might not regularly stay in contact with... thats cool but like a few other members here have said facebook is all about look at me and how cool i am type crap.  I think that was WCG who sed that.  its very true. A college of mine at one of my tech jobs brought up another goog point similar to WCGs other observation.  It seems like a lot of people on face book tend to put all thier effort into building themselves up while at the same time feeding on the failures of others to futher lift thier spirits.  My college i spoke of was a struggling actress and she pointed out that a lot of people would post all over her wall and comment til the cows come home when shit wasnt working out.... then when things were going good these people werent around.  im sure not all fbers are like this but there is a very nasty element that seems to permeate the site much more than the positive.  theres also the sexual predator element and the swindlers.  An X of mine met this guy and whatever rance blossomed he moved in had a kid.... turns out this creep wasnt a stockbroker, was already married twice with kids by both his former and current wife, and meanwhile this X Whom I  am still quite close too is living in hell.    FUCK FACEBPOK

b_dubb

my best guess: facebook will begin to feel pressure to become profitable, initiate some sort of fee-to-post nonsense, and users will flee. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: MV on May 30, 2012, 04:10:51 PM
here are some examples of the BULLSHIT my sister posts on facebook:

Worse yet are the people who apparently play out all their psycho dramas for all the world to see on the Facebook stage.  I'm ashamed to admit we know a couple who split up and spent months doing this. 

Shudder. 

Frys Girl

The concept of the status is basically an lazy person's diary: "I love lime slurpees. I can survive off of them."

Oversoul

Can't be any worse than Twitter.   :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Oversoul on May 31, 2012, 08:59:58 AM
Can't be any worse than Twitter.   :(

on that, i couldn't disagree more.  i think twitter is a great resource.  depending on who you follow, it can be used as a real time stream of information... USEFUL information... coming at you 24/7.  what i do with twitter primarily is subscribe to certain android developers and multiple news outlets.  i'm constantly aware of what's happening because of it. 

facebook never did a single thing for me.  i think your dismissal of twitter, however, is silly.