• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

JC

Started by BigWorm, July 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM

Falkie2013

Quote from: morphiaflow on March 05, 2013, 12:44:20 PM
I believe JC called while Art was talking to Willie Nelson.

YOU are correct, sir !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTjjSX3_KRU

here's the link when you type jc webster on you tube. I typed jc and willie nelson to find the above.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jc+webster&oq=jc+webster&gs_l=youtube.3..35i39j0l4.75410.82469.0.87619.26.26.0.0.0.0.158.2652.11j14.25.0...0.0...1ac.1.mvY2xAHyDAw

what's weird is that for some reason you tube videos will no longer play on my Imac in Safari but will on Firefox.

willie to jc :

"  are you holding your nose while you're talkin' ? "

art :

" I've wondered about that myself. "

lol.

ksm32

JC, version one was real.    I want to believe!

abbajc

who would think it would b a good idea to have 4 hour jc show with calls

abbajc

i want jc vs oscar debate it would be enertaning 

Morgus

nah, JC is old news and hasn't called in now for a long time.
the real JC called into Art Bell over 10 years ago, the more recent one with Noory is a fake.
so just forget about JC and move on, thunderbird...

Morgus

Quote from: abbajc on May 17, 2013, 07:37:02 AM
i want jc vs oscar debate it would be enertaning
nah oscar was another of Noory's fake callers and hasn't called in for over 6 years now so he has long gone.
JC was only real with Art Bell over 10 years ago, the Noory JC is another fake.
So time to move on, thunderbird.

Histronic Fop

JC's act gets tedious in four minutes, much less giving that fool four full hours. What's the fascination anyway? Dude's a one trick pony.

It seems like Art boosted and played to some of the regular callers like JC. He tried to get them into the act and would frequently have them on longer than an average caller, like Charlie (?) the Liberal for example. I remember whole segments of the show, break-to-break, being pretty much devoted to giving one or two regulars a soapbox. This is also true for JC of course though how independent it was is a question we're still talking about. Maybe it says something that despite not hearing from those characters in 10 years we're still discussing them.

I bring this up because it's a bit telling to look at some of the forgettable Noory regular callers. It seems other than a plant here or there, George doesn't keep track of who he talks to or when, so it seems like he doesn't really know the audience. No one gets any real face time except for a hand-me-down legacy like JC whom I'd expect is well played out by now. So who else is there? Suleimon, the hindsight psychic? Bill, the athiest and astronomer? It seems like most of these regulars are shunned instead of celebrated on the show. Or is it just that the call screeners have a sense of humor, maybe more than Noory?

Keep in mind I don't listen to Noory, and haven't for about two years now. So I might be incorrect in some of the things I say above. But from what I remember, Art did more to sponsor interaction with his audience and especially the regulars which he boosted up. Whereas nu-Coast treats it's open lines like more of the faceless masses huddled around the radio, their only source of heat.

SR-71

Has JC called C2C lately??

Morgus

Quote from: SR-71 on June 22, 2013, 08:02:21 PM
Has JC called C2C lately??
not for many months.

coaster

He must of found Edna and settled down.

coaster

A shame Noory ruined JC. What great radio that was. Should of quit while they were ahead.

abbajc

who wants  more jc 
i want full shows as  jc as guest

i want to know more about jc and have him debate arron donuhue oscar ufo phil dr morgus and many others

SR-71

Quote from: abbajc on July 10, 2013, 07:27:58 PM
who wants  more jc 
i want full shows as  jc as guest

i want to know more about jc and have him debate arron donuhue oscar ufo phil dr morgus and many others
abbajc, are you a troll? J.C. is an act just like "ufo phil". I dont know is J.C. is the same person as Ufo Phil. Ufo Phil is played by the Actor Rick Still. You can google it.

abbajc

not a troll but want jc as guest for 4 hours

onan

Quote from: abbajc on July 18, 2013, 04:25:47 PM
not a troll but want jc as guest for 4 hours

When I heard JC for the first time, I thought it was possibly Art using another voice.

Cynnie

Did anyone notice that whoever does the voice for jc called in a while back as other people ? Sometimes several times in a row as different people . I may be wrong..but im pretty sure george has something to do with it

abbajc

i want jc as guest

abbajc

me too
imagine what he'll talk about and how he'll treat guests like  arron donuhue and alex jones

Marc.Knight

Quote from: abbajc on July 18, 2013, 05:28:08 PM
me too
imagine what he'll talk about and how he'll treat guests like  arron donuhue and alex jones

No one would remain unscathed.  The airwaves would be awash with boiling pits of sewage.

onan

Quote from: Marc knight on July 18, 2013, 05:32:47 PM

No one would remain unscathed.  The airwaves would be awash with boiling pits of sewage.

and the seventh sign has been revealed.

SR-71

Quote from: abbajc on July 18, 2013, 05:20:21 PM
i want jc as guest
abbajc I think that you are a troll and/or Rick Still(Ufo Phil). I also think that Rick Still is also J.C. Webster the 3rd. So abbajc what you should do is email both George Snoory and Rick Still about it. Until then I will be blocking you because you are just as bad as Fort Rock who is a different type of troll.

abbajc

no i'm not thunderbird or fort rock i want just want jc as guest on coast to coast am

kingotnw

It really doesn't matter if he was real or not. Like many things on classic C2C, the ride is half the fun.

Archivist1947

Quote from: morphiaflow on March 05, 2013, 12:44:20 PM
I believe JC called while Art was talking to Willie Nelson.

I posted about it on page 3 of this thread:
http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=301.65;wap2

JC Webster confronts UFO Phil

Yorkshire pud

"That's the biggest insultation of the highest degree...Jesus wasn't an alien, he was a white person"

And this man is allowed out unsupervised? He does know where the middle east is doesn't he? What am I saying? !!

yumyumtree

I haven't looked up Rick Still on the Internet, but have ways thought that JC was a parody, partly because of George's coy behavior when asked about JC. He often adopts this coyness in these situations, for example a few years ago on April Fools day when he reported an incident with a prehistoric creature in a Jurassic Park type scenario? Remember that? Some callers fell for it. Like all other talk hosts, Noory brags about the intelligence of his listeners, but not on this night. Anyway, I think that the JC character may be an attempt to poke fun at fundamentalist Christians, and they've decided that that might offend too many people, and has gotten old anyway. I didn't hear JC in the beginning. Maybe he was real at one time.

Juan

We've speculated about paid callers to Coast.  Cheap Channel does pay professional voice-over artists to regularly call it's morning type shows.  JC is exactly that kind of caller.  Someone with an easily identifiable voice, someone with a schtick, and someone who can interact with the host.  I have not idea if JC is paid or not, just pointing out that he's exactly the kind of caller the paid voice over artists create.