• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"What's Wrong with Aunt Diane ?" commentary

Started by pabigfoot, August 16, 2011, 08:51:03 AM

pabigfoot

Recently, I viewed this HBO documentary concerning the story of a woman who drove at high speed the wrong direction on a NY state highway and ultimately crashed and killed all but one of the children in her minivan. This is a possible whole show topic for C2C to cover in depth, as you could imagine, after your viewing. Why she did this was not resolved during the documentary and only the coroner's report stands as one possible avenue of discovery. Diane was found to have a high BAC of-I recall-of 0.18 and a high level of THC(from marijuana). My real shock was the showing of her body following the accident with her eyes wide open as if a part of the old production of "Faces of Death". This is something that has been creeping into the internet lately with little commentary from the media, although there was a story recently of a first responder being fired after posting a dead individual's accident picture upon arrival on the scene. My opinion is that this sort of conduct is way, way over the line by these ghouls and should be harshly dealt with.

MV/Liberace!

i really hate looking at that type of stuff.  the last time i looked at something gruesome was the nick berg beheading, and i regretted it afterward.  when i was younger, that type of stuff didn't affect me at all.  now it just weirds me out.

pabigfoot

Yeah, Mike. I'm a guy who's been around the block a few times and have seen people after they've been in a nasty car accident-yes, you can actually be ripped out of your shoes, that is no urban legend. The HBO show illustrates how you are treated as a "thing" by the authorities, and only those around you are left to explain how a person could completely "flip-out" and do such a thing as was the case in the presentation. The authorities disregard all that is said by your relatives and point to the tox screen by the coroner, completely discounting  the possibility of some cataclysmic event leading to this terrible incident.

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 16, 2011, 09:03:54 AM
i really hate looking at that type of stuff.  the last time i looked at something gruesome was the nick berg beheading, and i regretted it afterward.  when i was younger, that type of stuff didn't affect me at all.  now it just weirds me out.

same event, same reaction.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 16, 2011, 09:03:54 AM

Maybe I'm getting overly sensitive but I am weirded out just by looking at the folks in the grocery store whose extended paunches and jowls reflect their overloaded shopping carts of empty calories.  I am 50 going on 30 but still fit in the same sized jeans from my 20's, but am fitter than I was then.  I am empathetic to the health plight of the modern American but I am freaked by how they've let themselves go and maybe that keeps me aware that "this could happen to me."

Silent

I remember watching those Faces of Death videos years ago and thinking they were cool to see.  At some point since that time those kinds of things just turn my stomach.  It has less to with with the violence itself than the idea of it being presented as entertainment for me.  A few weeks ago there was an update to some story about a bank robbery from a few years back where a man had a bomb attached to his neck.  Something went wrong and the bomb went off and killed the guy.  It was all caught on police cameras.  While looking through the news stories I found one with the actual video to watch.  I clicked play and saw him sitting on the pavement pleading with police to help him and I had to stop the video, close out the page and walk away from the computer.

TOOL - Vicarious ( with lyrics ) - 10,000 days

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on August 16, 2011, 10:20:36 AM
A few weeks ago there was an update to some story about a bank robbery from a few years back where a man had a bomb attached to his neck.  Something went wrong and the bomb went off and killed the guy.  It was all caught on police cameras.
i assume you're referring to this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Douglas_Wells

Silent

The current top headline on CNN's website reminded me of this thread.  The story is about the Indy car driver killed today in Vegas and of course they have the photo of his car erupting into flames as it tumbles and breaks apart down the track.  Fuck, is that really necessary?