• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

useless information

Started by EvB, March 06, 2011, 11:40:11 AM

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on March 26, 2011, 10:11:28 AM
The King with Donkey's Ears

Thank you- And it came to pass that the first listener who said WTF? when George Noory was hosting told another "George Noory is stupid" and it passed from one to another until the producer Lisa Lyons said, "You don't have to denigrate the show just because your favorite host is gone."

From then on, the listeners went to the watering hole located in the land of Internet, the oasis called CoastGab and whispered, "George is stupid."  But alas, CoastGab is a woman and no woman can keep a secret so soon the phrase "George is stupid" began echoing on station after station, among sponsor after sponsor and even children lifted their angelic faces up from their iPhones and said to each other, "George is stupid."

And thus was King George driven from the kingdom of Nye and the rightful King Art Bell restored!

Anagrammy

b_dubb

i submit that this thread should be split into two separate threads: 1) useless information and 2) crotchroaches.  the second thread should be deleted immediately before anyone else's mind is destroyed

anagrammy

It's hilarious how into it you guys are about, oh say, zombies.  Gotta love the rotted-faced dead people after you to eat your brains, but everybody upchucks over some weird news that's real.

Probably public health menace?  Is it a useless piece of information?  Or an appreciated health warning for the morbidly obese? 

Mike, you better just delete the cockroach post since I got to tell someone and share my horror story...:)  No need to have other eyes melting and running down cheeks. 

Heh, heh.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

eyes melting ... if  only mine had melted prior to reading your colorful anecdote.  oh the horror.  the hooooorrrrrroorrrrrrrr

haloedorchid

I thought the crotch-roach story was a good antidote to all the vulva talk in one of the Radio Hosts thread. ;)

The story is gross, but stuff like this isn't as unusual as you might think. You see all kinds in the medical field.

b_dubb

and that's why i opted out of med school

No, no.  Don't delete it!

It's a reminder of why we all need to escape into a bizarre place.  Another example of why those places have to become more and more bizarre.

The "real" world is mighty scary.  Not to mention ICKY!

Quote from: anagrammy on March 27, 2011, 05:59:35 PM
It's hilarious how into it you guys are about, oh say, zombies.  Gotta love the rotted-faced dead people after you to eat your brains, but everybody upchucks over some weird news that's real.

Probably public health menace?  Is it a useless piece of information?  Or an appreciated health warning for the morbidly obese? 

Mike, you better just delete the cockroach post since I got to tell someone and share my horror story... :)  No need to have other eyes melting and running down cheeks. 

Please don't ever stop telling stories like this, Ana. I don't know why there would be so many complaints following it. The only way to stop that is to expose us to more "really real" weird news stories so that we can work our way over the hill. We're almost 'round to the dark side of the moon, we just need a little push to get us there.

Coastgab needs more cockroaches packed into it's vagina.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 28, 2011, 04:47:23 AM

Coastgab needs more cockroaches packed into it's vagina.

I agree.   I think.   What with my eyes melting and all......... :P

b_dubb

of course i was joking about deleting the thread.  i hope everyone knew that. 

Quote from: b_dubb on March 28, 2011, 07:57:08 AM
of course i was joking about deleting the thread.  i hope everyone knew that.
Of course. Even if it were to be deleted it would do no good.

Once the roach is out of the box there's no putting it back.

anagrammy

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 28, 2011, 08:08:25 AM
Of course. Even if it were to be deleted it would do no good.

Once the roach is out of the box there's no putting it back.

Tell me about it.  I have tried to forget that story for twenty years and failed utterly.  In fact, new questions STILL arise....   Anyway, I am a fan of the truly weird.  When I was growing up in the fifties, my mother subscribed to "Confidential" and "True Detective" which had photos of dead bodies and all kinds of horrific stuff.  Like you said, since it was always around, I leafed through each issue with great interest and then went back to my standard fare, "The Book of Knowledge."

For my next story about my health department best friend, tune into my new thread entitled "Revenge".

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

crotchroaches.  hmm.  imagine that.

now that i'm done reading that fine anecdote, i think i'll go slit my wrists. 

someone just neutron-bomb this fucking planet, already.

onan

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 01, 2011, 09:48:23 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371640/Morbidly-obese-man-fused-chair-sat-years-dies-hospital.html

Ohio man fused to chair for two years via feces and urine. And it involves maggots.

Somehow I think I am lucky because the link didn't work... no that is ok do not fix it.

HAL 9000

Quote from: onan on April 01, 2011, 09:53:42 PMSomehow I think I am lucky because the link didn't work... no that is ok do not fix it.

I fixed it - read at your own peril...

http://tinyurl.com/46duwep

haloedorchid

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 01, 2011, 10:01:44 PM

I fixed it - read at your own peril...

http://tinyurl.com/46duwep

Thanks, HAL. Just came back to fix it.

Sorry onan!

b_dubb

this thread is "useless information".  not "thoroughly disgusting news stories".  please

Oh, I don't know.  Info like this might give someone the incentive to make sure he or she lifts up all rolls of flesh and washes underneath.  It's a start.
Clean people are happy people.    ;D

anagrammy

I'll tell you what's useful about it-- you learn something about yourself.  Do you monitor what goes into your mind?

Some visual pictures can burn the retina of the imagination-- yet we are programmed to not only look but to gawk.  No doubt a survival feature in our evolution.  Come across a dead body on the trail and every cell in your body sends the same message:  gather data...gather data...stare and stare hard 'cause this could be you. 

So we end up with the morbidly curious staring at the morbidly obese.

Or the morbidly curious listening to Coast while others sleep...

Anagrammy

haloedorchid

Quote from: b_dubb on April 01, 2011, 10:47:42 PM
this thread is "useless information".  not "thoroughly disgusting news stories".  please

Then don't click the link. Threads diverge all the time.

Quote from: anagrammy on April 02, 2011, 06:17:46 AM

Or the morbidly curious listening to Coast while others sleep...

Anagrammy

I'm so glad GN sucks.  Otherwise I would be living my life without laughter.

b_dubb

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 02, 2011, 10:26:47 AM
Then don't click the link. Threads diverge all the time.
sorry. i forget to wrap my statement in <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags
<sarcasm>this thread is "useless information".  not "thoroughly disgusting news stories".  please</sarcasm>
better?

haloedorchid

Quote from: b_dubb on April 02, 2011, 03:47:51 PM
sorry. i forget to wrap my statement in <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags
<sarcasm>this thread is "useless information".  not "thoroughly disgusting news stories".  please</sarcasm>
better?
Yessuh. Carry on!

onan

Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise.  This is because all knights used to be right-handed.  When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs.  Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.

onan

The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is "Live Free or Die."  These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on January 28, 2013, 08:27:18 AM
Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise.  This is because all knights used to be right-handed.  When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs.  Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.

As lefty, I find this very interesting. The foolish superstitions of the Middle Ages being easy to scoff at...then I realize that in the Fall of 1981, Sister Prudence and Sister Anna Marie used to forbid Young Coyle from writing lefthanded! 1981! 

Granted they were both very old nuns, but the handful of lefties in that first grade class were "encouraged" to abandon our lefthanded traits. It would be "easier" for us, because scissors and pens(?) were "made for right handed" people.

Same Sister Prudence who in 1983 would BREAK a Mickey Mouse backscratcher over my forearm, and then call my parents to say I broke her backscratcher.

McPhallus

Odd. I thought the abusive Catholic nun/priest thing was over by the late 70s.  The ones I dealt with from 1979-1983 were quite demure.  (Now the kids, on the other hand, were a different story.)

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 28, 2013, 10:04:19 AM
     Same Sister Prudence who in 1983 would BREAK a Mickey Mouse backscratcher over my forearm, and then call my parents to say I broke her backscratcher.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 28, 2013, 02:45:33 PM

Odd. I thought the abusive Catholic nun/priest thing was over by the late 70s.  The ones I dealt with from 1979-1983 were quite demure.  (Now the kids, on the other hand, were a different story.)
We had a few ancient nuns and they may have been present at the Spanish Inquisition, so they were strict traditionalists. But by 1985 or so, we had predominantly "laypersons" teaching.They strongly disliked me for different reasons.