• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Joe Meyer - Gold Pennies From Heaven

Started by Camazotz Automat, January 21, 2011, 02:47:07 AM

Exclaiming on how "investors" can buy as few as "just one gold coin" from Lear Capital as part of some kind of investment strategy is irresponsible bullshit pandering to a desperate audience. It's a good idea for Lear if thousands of C2C listeners buy a few coins, but not for the buyers.

The typical caller asking for financial advice from a guest on C2C doesn't have the necessary funds to buy enough gold (be it coins, gold stocks, or shares in mining) to make much of a difference in a long term investment plan.

If they DO have significant resources, they need to find a good financial adviser. That was something Meyer said with which I agree, but his constant pushing of precious metals contradicts his observation of how FLAT the income of American workers has remained (since the 1970s) if inflation is computed. 

So he should know most families can't afford to invest significantly in precious metals as they continue to live check to check and go further into credit card debt.

I won't comment at length on Noory's typical Jackass Behavior that laced the interview, or his amazing lack of rudimentary mathematical abilities.

In general, I found Noory fucking irritating but at the expected levels of repulsion.

Meanwhile, check out this cool site that sells waterproof paper notepads, notebooks, journals, etc. It's an amazing product for all weather conditions, desert warfare, and rain forest excursions.

Rite in the Rain paper is also excellent while spelunking in ridiculously wet conditions that would  kill an Otterbox Defender encased iPad.

An excellent Saint Valentine's Day gift for the nerd in your life. Trust me:

http://www.riteintherain.com/