• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

When and How did you discover c2c am?

Started by Chupacabra, September 15, 2010, 04:57:34 PM

RoadDog

Truth be told, I didn't even know coastgab was a forum, I just thought it was streaming goldmine, as I was linked to that stream in a wholly different realm of the internet months ago.  :P But, upon discovery of my misconception, I signed up here as well. Thanks for the dual welcome ABF. I thought it was worth posting here as well, albeit less boldly than there.

Vatar

I was listening to Phil Hendrie in 6th grade ~ (98-99) and he did an Art Bell bit and I almost pissed myself.  So I decided that I needed to get the joke and did a yahoo search at my public library on coast to coast and I've been an insomniac ever since.

BTW MV do you have the show where Art Played a Phil Hendrie bit at the beginning of the show?  I think it was an open lines night but I might be mistaken.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vatar on January 03, 2011, 06:11:21 PM
BTW MV do you have the show where Art Played a Phil Hendrie bit at the beginning of the show?  I think it was an open lines night but I might be mistaken.
i sure do... but i need the airdate in order to dig it up for u.

ArtBellFan

I don't know if this is what your looking for but it is Phil at his best..

Art Back

[attachment deleted by admin]

mib12890

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 04, 2011, 12:14:47 PM
I don't know if this is what your looking for but it is Phil at his best..

Art Back
what year is this from?

mib12890

just listened to this. it's pretty funny  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

ArtBellFan

Glad you enjoyed it, I don't know when it was, sometime in the late nineties, It may have been when Art came back the first time, have a bunch of random things Art Bell did on a CD but none of them are dated.

Ruch

Back in 2007, I went into my dad's room, because I couldn't sleep, he had his computer playing a program called "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory". I liked it, So I began to listen to it.

CoastCanuck

In 2008, while recovering from surgery, I woke up in pain.  After medicating myself, I couldn't sleep so I turned on the radio.  C2C was on. George Noory was talking to Phil Berg (I think his name was) about how he felt Obama didn't qualify to run for president.  When I returned to my day job, I subscribed to Streamlink.  Being a C2C newbie, I didn't have a chance to listen to the Art Bell years, I think he was only on a handful of times since I started. 

brugvu

If anyone has tapes of Art Bell show recordings, let me know asap. i have converted 1000 to Mp3's and have the largest collection in the world. I am responsible for the WILLIE DEE collection that is somewhere around here... I actually pay for Art Bell tapes. i don;t expect them to be given to me or beg for them.
Every show i have is correctly dated. last 2 years i have been re- recording all my mp3s into hourly segments. soooo much better. and i know exactly what hours i am missing..
Mike V why do you have the lamest icons? makes me wanna barf. you are so lame MIKE V
hell Art doesn;t even like you. ha.
BRUGVU RULES.   KNEEL AND BOW TO ME!

my collection has always been better! 32kbps RULES.   128 sucks. and YOU know it.
hahahaahahahhahaahah

i will post a list of DAYS and exact show hours i am missing. maybe someone out there can help.
and it will help you on what hours exactly are in the mp3 single files WILLIEDEE has..
i have 1997-2001 all done.. if anyone wants to see my lists, private message me.

OK. i have to ramble on.
BRUGVU  aka "the time traveling FOOL"

Cantara

Too long ago to remember. I know my sis and I were late to high school because we'd stay up all night listening. It must have been around the mid 90's. We were always interested in the paranormal and high strangeness. The ignorant red necks in high school called us witches and devil worshipers.  I was obsessed with UFO's and wanted to be a ufologist myself. My fav tv show is and always will be The X-Files. So naturally we stumbled upon Art Bell.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cantara on June 16, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
Too long ago to remember. I know my sis and I were late to high school because we'd stay up all night listening. It must have been around the mid 90's. We were always interested in the paranormal and high strangeness. The ignorant red necks in high school called us witches and devil worshipers.  I was obsessed with UFO's and wanted to be a ufologist myself. My fav tv show is and always will be The X-Files. So naturally we stumbled upon Art Bell.

Do you remember the Harlot the Witch show?  That was a good one.

lasertron

1994. I was 8. I liked listening to music as I fell asleep at night, but the music on FM wasn't relaxing, so I searched around on AM. Our 50,000-watt station here was blasting out Coast to Coast AM through the night as clear as if Art was sitting right next to me. I was hooked for life! I have never called in.

cweb

I don't remember really well, but I first started listening in the late 90s/early 2000s. I'd listen to talk radio in an effort to get to sleep, but then Coast would come on and keep me up longer.

I didn't start actively listening until the mid 2000s, when a professor of mine was telling a story about driving through the desert and listening to a show about UFOs. That's when it clicked.

Cynnie

I was driving to work, in the early 90s looking for something on the radio and bam ..it was love .

Oh and I was always terrified listening to Art. Especially when it was about ghosts or aliens .
I wanted to drive with all the interior lights on

Quote from: Cynnie on June 17, 2015, 07:55:22 AM

I wanted to drive with all the interior lights on

See..that`s your survival instinct kicking in, BUT it just let`s the little bastages see you better!

That`s why I remain in the dark

???

Robert

I discovered C2C when it replaced the John Bachelor-Paul Alexander program on WABC.

Centurion40

I was on a family vacation, in the Orlando FL area, back in 2008.  I was sitting in a rental car, listening to the radio, while my wife was shopping at an Outlet Mall that was open late.  I was spinning through the dial and I heard this guy talking about chupacabras and doppelgängers in Puerto Rico.  Been hooked ever since, listening to old shows/rebroadcasts on-line whenever I can.